• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Indulge in Delicious Homemade Chocolate Fondue with S'more Dippers!

S
sarahmarie
I had this at a restaurant the other day and made it at home last night. Make chocolate fondue and then take graham crackers, break them into 4ths (where the breaks are) and lay them out on a stone. pipe marshmallow fluff onto about half of each cracker (use the EAD) then take a butane torch and toast the marshmallow. this makes awesome "s'mores" to dip in the chocolate fondue.

I'd be nervous using the torch on the stone

what else would you suggest doing it on? I am buying a torch tonight. i made the ones last night under the broiler and they were pretty good but the crackers got a little burnt and chewy. let me know if you have any ideas!

I think you would be ok using the torch on the Marshmallows, since you can direct the heat and keep it away from the stone. I would NOT, however, use your stone under your oven's broiler. You can cause hot spots that way and crack your stone.

Your idea sounds DELISH! Thanks for the idea!

I'd do it on an old cutting board or cookie sheet maybe even an old cooling rack you aren't attached to.
stones are not to be placed under the broiler

Yummy!!!
DH made fondue for us last night just like the one they serve at The Melting Pot - it was amazing - I can't wait to try these dippers!!

oops! i am good at this! he he. What else could i be destroying by making this! he he. a cookie sheet is a good idea but i think my stone will be fine

Oooh. This sounds yummy!!! What a great idea!

okay, here's my question. I have a lady that wants to have a fondue party. I found a wonderful file on here labeled "fabulous fondue" and I think that gives me a lot of info. I'm not sure exactly what to do since I don't have any of our fondue set. I need inspiration for this. I want to make it good. The host has never been to a PC party, but she is super excited. I don't want to let her down. I want to make her so excited she wants to schedule again.

Any fondue set will work - remember that you are showcasing our products for the prep part of the fondue. I found a ceramic fondue pot for $5 at one of the local discount stores - just use a tea light under it. However that means that you have to heat the fondue on the stove in... one of the PC pans.

What kind of fondue are you doing? What are you serving with it?

I'm a fondue freak so I might be able to help you out. We do fondue at least once a month. Sometimes cheese and sometimes chocolate.

sarahmarie said:
oops! i am good at this! he he. What else could i be destroying by making this! he he. a cookie sheet is a good idea but i think my stone will be fine

IF you put your stone under a broiler, it is only a matter of time until it cracks!

hey there fondue freak
tlennhoff said:
Any fondue set will work - remember that you are showcasing our products for the prep part of the fondue. I found a ceramic fondue pot for $5 at one of the local discount stores - just use a tea light under it. However that means that you have to heat the fondue on the stove in... one of the PC pans.

What kind of fondue are you doing? What are you serving with it?

I'm a fondue freak so I might be able to help you out. We do fondue at least once a month. Sometimes cheese and sometimes chocolate.
The host wants to do three (she's open to having one done when I get there). She emailed me with the Elegant Cheese Fondue, Silky Chocolate Fondue, and the Cool and creamy chocolate fondue requests. I've never even done one of these. My show with her isn't until the 14th, so I have time to play around with them

I have 4 of the small plates and bowls (SA) and a couple of the med size. What would you suggest I do? I'm open to all your wonderful fondue loving ideas...Thanks so much in advance

oh yeah, I have a fondue pot too. My husbands latest obsession. I haven't made myself do any of the PC recipes, but I will now.

caritok said:
The host wants to do three (she's open to having one done when I get there). She emailed me with the Elegant Cheese Fondue, Silky Chocolate Fondue, and the Cool and creamy chocolate fondue requests. I've never even done one of these. My show with her isn't until the 14th, so I have time to play around with them

I have 4 of the small plates and bowls (SA) and a couple of the med size. What would you suggest I do? I'm open to all your wonderful fondue loving ideas...Thanks so much in advance

That is great so you'll be showcasing the SA stuff. The food is going to be a bit more expensive for all that she wants but this should be a really great time. One thing to do is bring all the PC knives and cutting boards you have and give people stuff to cut up - otherswise you should cut most of it up before-hand.

Ok, for the cheese fondue - cut up the vegetables in different ways - like use the crinkle cutter and also use the mandoline if you have it. Foods that are good in cheese fondue include granny smith apples, green grapes (also good in chocolate), grape tomatoes, carrots, zuchini, broccoli, cauliflower, red/orange/yellow peppers, and bread/rolls/cresent rolls (especially if you sprinkle with butter & garlic powder and toast for a couple minutes)

Chocolate: green grapes, apples, pears, bananas graham crackers, nilla wafers, pound cake, and marshmallows. Make sure to put a little lemon juice on the apples, pears, and bananas so they do not brown. You could put a marsmallow onto the graham crackers and toast them just for a minute or two in the oven.

Have your host pick up some sparkling cider to go with the fondue for a real treat.

Oh one other thing. I make my guests for my fondue parties help with the prep, we all start with a glass of wine and then sit at the table talking and joking while cutting up the food. Tell everyone that this is a great way to get everyone involved and to make doing fondue less work and more fun. Tell them the quikut knives are perfect for this. Tell them they just have to have 6 quikut knives and if they don't have enough cutting boards to get either a bunch of the small bar boards from you or the disposable ones from the supermarket. Or tell them to have each guest bring a knife & cutting board.

Actually you could do the ugliest knife thing at this and give away the new green tomato knife to the person with the worst looking knife in the room. So each guest should bring their yuckiest cutting board & knife & see the difference between what they have and what we offer.

this looks great. keep any ideas you have coming my way. I'll suggest the wine or sparkling cider, don't know what her preference is there. I think this sounds like fun. I'm getting excited. It's nice to do something different. I love that you are so willing to help. Thank you.

Other than the actual dipping, do you do anything else with the SA? I have the cookware and can do whatever I need to do with it, but I'm afraid the fondue will get too thick if it sits in the small bowls??? I'm really new to the whole fondue deal. If you want to email me directly, I don't know if this interests anyone else... [email protected]

Thank you so much, Cristy

Marshmallows (large) look really cute on a pretzel stick and you have an instant handle.

alright....keep the ideas coming. I'm ready to play with fondue now. I still have a couple of weeks before this lady's show...and I'm all geared up and wanting to melt everything. Thanks. I'll definitely keep the pretzel sticks in mind.

caritok said:
Other than the actual dipping, do you do anything else with the SA? I have the cookware and can do whatever I need to do with it, but I'm afraid the fondue will get too thick if it sits in the small bowls??? I'm really new to the whole fondue deal. If you want to email me directly, I don't know if this interests anyone else... [email protected]

Thank you so much, Cristy

You'll actually need to have the fondue in the fondue pots - the stuff needs to be kept warm/heated or it hardens/thickens.

You should use the SA to put the dipping stuff on - the vegetables, bread, etc.

Related to Indulge in Delicious Homemade Chocolate Fondue with S'more Dippers!

1. What ingredients do I need to make chocolate fondue at home?

To make chocolate fondue at home, you will need chocolate, heavy cream, butter, and optional flavorings such as vanilla extract or liqueur.

2. How do I make the chocolate fondue?

To make the chocolate fondue, heat the heavy cream and butter in a saucepan until it starts to simmer. Then, add in the chocolate and stir until it is completely melted and smooth. You can also add in any desired flavorings at this point.

3. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the fondue?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate for the fondue, such as dark, milk, or white chocolate. Just make sure to adjust the amount of cream and butter accordingly to achieve the desired consistency.

4. How do I make the s'more dippers?

To make the s'more dippers, break graham crackers into fourths and lay them out on a stone or serving platter. Using a piping bag, pipe marshmallow fluff onto half of each cracker. Then, use a butane torch to toast the marshmallow until it is lightly browned. Once cooled, you can dip the s'mores into the chocolate fondue.

5. Can I make the fondue and s'more dippers ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the chocolate fondue and s'more dippers ahead of time. Just store the fondue in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat it before serving. The s'more dippers can also be stored in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
krisPC
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
DebPC