• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Indulge in Chocolate Bliss: Irresistible Brownie Recipes from the Test Kitchens

lol:Hey there! My name is Gretchen and I am 27 years old and I love football! I've been told that I am the perfect catch, I just wish that guys would realize that. I'm from Milwaukee and I work in sales. If you're interested, you can find me on the web at www.gretchen-smith.com. Thanks!
DebPC
Staff member
New Chocolate Bliss BrowniesAt the Test Kitchens workshop they suggested variations using Hershey Kisses, mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, just about any small chocolate candy.

Also try substituting chopped pretzels for the nuts.

I love the chopped pretzels idea - espeically if you are dealing with a crowd with nut allergies...

I want to try making them in the mini muffin pan to take to businesses. I think the pretzels would be great too, but you might have to eat them quickly so they don't get stale... probably not a problem!

quick tip on recipeI made these at my meeting last week and we all agreed that you could subsitute a brownie mix with chocolate chunks instead of chopping chocolate chips and adding them to the batter. That way you are only chopping the nuts. I try to use each tool only once in the demo.

Karen

good call, or just put the darn things in whole. I didn't like chopping the chips either

I didn't bother chopping the chocolate chips and it turned out great! I am making this recipe at 3 of my August shows - I never bake or do chocolate in the summer but this is to die for and my hosts wouldn't talk about anything else once I mentioned this chocolate and caramel recipe.

What are some tools to add-on to the demo or to cross sell to make it a higher $-value demo?
I am thinking:
-have the veg oil in a prep bowl to brush it from
-measure the liquids in the Easy Reads
-measure brown sugar in the Measure All
Mix with Mix n Scraper
-spoon melted chocolate into Decorator Bottles (using a small bamboo spoon to drizzle it into decorator bottle)
-serve with cool whip out of EAD and/or vanilla ice cream using Ice Cream Dipper

thoughts?

Use the larger of the two funnels to put the melted chocolate in the decorator bottles.

Stackable cooling rack

Round up trivet under the pan on the serving table

Hot pad trivet and oven mitt to transfer hot pan

kitchen shears to open bags, twixit clips to reclose them

Easy read measure cups to hold the nuts or candies

microplane to shave more chocolate on top (or nuts)

kitchen spritzer to spray the pan with oil and then the silicone brush to show brushing it if they don't have a spritzer.

appetizer plates and caddy to serve (in August to promote bookings - later to show this hot item)

The test kitchens also said to use a Forged Knife to chop the nuts and the chopper for the chocolate.

Greg -

I'm getting a little concerned that you have to spend so much time with us ladies... :p

Do we need to find you a date, a wife, something? :rolleyes: I don't think we ever asked if you were married/dating/whatever...

Yes Greg! Inquiring minds want to know.

Contrary to popular belief, I have a wonderful girlfriend of over a year. She just so happens to be stationed overseas in London for the next six months. So plan on lots of exciting developments in our network community :D

Admin Greg said:
Contrary to popular belief, I have a wonderful girlfriend of over a year. She just so happens to be stationed overseas in London for the next six months. So plan on lots of exciting developments in our network community :D

She must be a saint. (Just kidding of course - you are VERY kind to us on the forums).

We look forward to more improvements and occupying your time while she is gone. You have plenty of women here to teach you how to treat her and keep you out of trouble. :rolleyes:

Does she know about this community?

I think we need to meet her and make sure she is okay for our little Greggy.:rolleyes:

cmdtrgd said:
I think we need to meet her and make sure she is okay for our little Greggy.:rolleyes:

Let's just ask Deb - I'm SURE she's checked her out already! :D

Yeah, but it would be SOOOOOOOOOOO much fun!!! >;)

Yeah, but it would be SOOOOOOOOOOO much fun! ;)

True, and I am wondering why he is asking about proposals, etc... Hmm...

Hmmm....Greg....anything on the horizon that we should know about? I have this GREAT opportunity for a Wedding Registry...:p

what have I gotten myself into :D;)

cmdtrgd said:
Hmmm....Greg....anything on the horizon that we should know about? I have this GREAT opportunity for a Wedding Registry...:p

You know his mom has the market on that one!!!!

Admin Greg said:
what have I gotten myself into :D;)

So, what HAVE you gotten yourself into???? :rolleyes:

janetupnorth said:
You know his mom has the market on that one!!!!

It doesn't hurt to try!!!:p

[hijack] Since Greg seems to be taken already...

If any of you WI posters know someone... I have a 29 year old son that would love to find the right girl. He's good looking and very nice, caring. Loves football and plays the drums in a hard rock band. [/hijack]

bethcooks4u said:

If any of you WI posters know someone... I have a 29 year old son that would love to find the right girl. He's good looking and very nice, caring. Loves football and plays the drums in a hard rock band. [/hijack]

There are some nice young ladies up here at camp around that age. 2 that I can think of. One is on staff at Fort part-time and the other left after a year at Fort to teach in the area. Where does your son live? I could hook him up with my home church and he could come up to visit Fort for a work weekend....

.............AND I'M CONFUSED...SINCE GREG IS TAKEN, YOU'RE ASKING FOR THE RIGHT GIRL FOR YOUR SON? WERE YOU GOING TO SET HIM UP WITH GREG? :confused::yuck::confused::confused:

Ok, sorry Beth, couldn't resist - I had to re-read what you typed about 5 times!

janetupnorth said:
There are some nice young ladies up here at camp around that age. 2 that I can think of. One is on staff at Fort part-time and the other left after a year at Fort to teach in the area. Where does your son live? I could hook him up with my home church and he could come up to visit Fort for a work weekend....

.............AND I'M CONFUSED...SINCE GREG IS TAKEN, YOU'RE ASKING FOR THE RIGHT GIRL FOR YOUR SON? WERE YOU GOING TO SET HIM UP WITH GREG?

Ok, sorry Beth, couldn't resist - I had to re-read what you typed about 5 times!

:yuck: :eek: NO! I was not trying to hook him up with Greg!

I just didn't want to steal the girls from Greg if he didn't already have his own honey! lol :rolleyes:

My son lives in South Milwaukee and works in Milwaukee. He attended UW-Oshkosh and works in sales.

bethcooks4u said:

My sister is BigSisGretchen that is on here and she cut and pasted this into an email for me...because I am 27 and single and love football...lol...I always say that I am the perfect catch, I just wish that guys would realize that...I love to cook and I love football....I like drummers too.:D

Related to Indulge in Chocolate Bliss: Irresistible Brownie Recipes from the Test Kitchens

1. What types of brownies are included in "Indulge in Chocolate Bliss"?

The book features a variety of delicious brownie recipes, including classic fudge brownies, brownie cheesecake bars, mint chocolate brownies, and more!

2. Do the recipes in this book require any special equipment?

No, all of the recipes can be made using basic kitchen equipment such as mixing bowls, a baking pan, and a spatula.

3. Are there any gluten-free or dairy-free options in this book?

Yes, there are several recipes that can easily be made gluten-free or dairy-free by using alternative ingredients such as gluten-free flour or non-dairy milk.

4. Are the ingredients for these recipes easy to find in regular grocery stores?

Yes, most of the ingredients are common and can be found in most grocery stores. However, some specialty ingredients such as dark chocolate chips or cocoa powder may need to be purchased at a specialty store.

5. Can these brownies be made ahead of time for a party or event?

Absolutely! Many of the recipes can be made and stored in an airtight container for a few days before serving. Some may even taste better the next day after the flavors have had time to develop.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• akrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
akrebecca
  • stefani2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76