1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Indian Cuisine?

1. acherry

acherry Member Gold Member

Anyone know of any recipes for an Indian Cuisine show?? I have hostess that would like to do this as she and her family/friends are mostly from India..and I would love to show them how the products can be used for thier recipes...but I would love it if I could use a PC recipe or one already developed by a fellow consultant...
    I hoping one of ya'll can help me!! Thanks a bunch!
    Cheers,
    Angela :cool:

Nov 8, 2005
  2. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

My husband and my in-laws are 100% Indian, so I know (and LOVE!) Indian food quite well. In my opnion, authentic Indian food is in a category all its own. There are some PC recipes that use curry, but it's nothing like the "real" curry in many Indian dishes. Indian cooking is a very long process because lots of things cook for hours. It's definitely not in synch with PC's focus of quick and easy. That's probably why I've never even attempted to make any Indian food. That and my MIL has no recipes for anything and I NEED a recipe to follow. Plus nothing could ever live up to her awesome cooking.

I think it's a nice gesture if you wanted to do an actual Indian recipe and they'd probably appreciate the thought, but what I would do is highlight the products that they could use in Indian cooking since there are no real authentic Indian PC recipes. But maybe they don't care if it's authentic. Some of the things that come to mind are the Food Chopper and the cookware. The self-sharpening knives too. If you have any of the SA medium bowls or the large bowl, those should be highlighted since you can keep things warm in them in the oven up to 250. I know from the big dinners at my in-laws that they make a TON of food and getting it all on the table at the same time requires some major coordination (much like a Thanksgiving meal). I know my MIL keeps things heated in her oven in those corning ware type bowls, so SA could do the same things and look nicer when the food is served. Oh and definitely the rice cooker because there's always rice. All the gadgets are nice too. The Amazing Potato Demo would be good since you can showcase tons of products just using a potato.

I'm jealous that you get to do this type of show!! My MIL has no interest in PC stuff at all even though my husband has tried to get her excited about the Food Chopper especially. I think it would save so much time! Plus she has severe arthritis, so I think cutting all the onions and potatoes can be painful for her. She has her way of doing everything, as she has for YEARS, and she's not willing to take a look at a different way of cooking and preparing food.

I wish I had some good recipes to share. THe PC recipes I know that use curry are the Curried Chicken Lettuce Wraps, Curry Chicken Stir Fry (this one may be good since it does show a lot of products AND the cookware), Curried Vegetable Couscous and Tandoori Chicken Salad. You can also do a search on CC with "curry" as an ingredient or keyword.

Even the Dim Sum and Then Some Celebrations show might be good since it has that Asian flair and the potstickers are fun! If I think of more, I'll post again! I hope it's a great show! I wish my MIL would do one because I really think all her friends would love to see everything, but she's pretty stuck in her ways.

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted