• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Improve Your Direct Sales Demos: Tips and Strategies for Success

In summary, the person did a demo, but did not get any bookings because there were only 10 people there. They are looking for help on how to do their show and they said that the crowd was not into it.
feather18
hey everyone.. ok i had my first "demo" show in 2months... it went ok, but i had alot of dead air and didnt get any bookings.. out of 10 people there!!... :(
well no i got a catty show.. thats it..
Im TOO NICE!! why am i soo nice?? I had like 3 people combine orders(yes i know its not right, and i told them ab the receipt they didnt care) there were only 250 in sales.... 10 people and thats all ???????? cheapos..?
ok that was me venting.. now the seriousness..
i need help on how i do my show. I did the 30 min chick, and warm brownies, i had most prepared/measured before the show. here is my outline..
They got there and i welcomed, thanked host, passed sb, did intro w/one word to describe host, then went into demo.. yes i forgot a bunch of stuff..
i started with explaining the chick, and putting it in micro.
then i talked about hosting for oct. then went to brownies, played Have it love it..(they liked that) and made the brownies, had to wait till both chicken and brownies were done.. then let them eat and order.. some grabbed brownie and had already added their order form and left..
and the demo took a little less than an hr. No one had questions.. no one really got into it at all.. i dont know what i did wrong, or if the crowd was just not into it.. or what.
I have thought about trying the NO Demo, and I know I know it has been talked about alot.. Im the kind of person that needs it over and over to understand.. :angel: .. Ok

So those who do no demo.. What products do you show? Do they flow? How? Do they eat before and mingle? when do you put in your "commercials"?

I was talking to my Host, and she said that she went to one like that, and they all really enjoyed it. I asked her what she thought of it(becasue i was trying a bunch of stuff) but she said that it was fun.. it just did Not seem like it to me!!!

Sorry so long.
Please give me yalls feed back!:eek:

Download the Connect with Customers calling script from Consulant's Corner and make customer care calls to these guests!

Relax!! When you haven't done a show in a while it's like you're doing your first all over again only worse because you feel like you should be better. Give yourself a break. Sometimes that is what the crowd is like - they don't pay attention and they don't buy. We all get those shows once in a while. I doubt it had anything to do with your show.

As far as the no demo show. A lot of people love it but I tried it and it didn't work with the people at my shows. They want to see the products in use and to see how easy it is to make those recipes with our products. They want a COOKING show. I ask my host what they want and if someone wants a no cooking show then I will do that but that's rare for me.

I just did a Wedding Shower and I explained the way ordering for the bride and themselves worked, we did a game, then I talked about the products she had on her list and a few more. Then I talked through the Warm Nutty Brownie recipe showing the chopper and air demoing the rest. The brownie went in the oven and they got to be at a shower (visiting) and buy their gifts while I finished dessert. SEVERAL came by to watch the garnishing when it was time so they saw the actual demo in addition to that air demo. It worked really well doing it this way for a shower - I do make that all about the bride and groom.

I will use this format if I have a huge, unruley crowd in the future. I'll say: "I can see you all have a lot to talk about and I want you to have fun here tonight. Please gather here and give me 10 minutes to tell you what I'll be doing to make this recipe and then you can shop and visit while I finish up." That way those that want to see the actual demo can but those that don't care can still have a good time without driving me crazy.

HTH

Sometimes the crowd is just the crowd. Don't take it to heart that you did something wrong. While it is good to always assess what can I do better, don't beat yourself up. As Colleen said, use the phone scripts and make those customer care calls. Did you ask everyone when you got their order if they were interested in doing a show? Customer care calls are a good time to ask "I was just wondering, what is holding you back from having your own show?" If you put a lot of emphasis on the October special you may find that they didn't think about booking further out. Make sure they know that you can do something different for their show. Maybe an entertaining with ease show, a gift ideas show, etc.

did any one want to share how their No demo show? Products used... ect?
I could really use the help!

Thanks for the suggestions Beth and Michele!
When do you think a good time to call them is?

What is "Need Help, Please Read!"?

"Need Help, Please Read!" is a common phrase used by Pampered Chef consultants to indicate that they need assistance with a task or have a question that requires clarification.

How can I respond to "Need Help, Please Read!"?

You can respond to "Need Help, Please Read!" by offering your assistance or answering the question being asked. You can also provide resources or guidance to help the consultant find a solution.

Why do Pampered Chef consultants use "Need Help, Please Read!"?

Pampered Chef consultants use "Need Help, Please Read!" to quickly and effectively communicate that they require assistance or have a question that needs to be addressed. This phrase helps streamline communication and ensures that consultants receive timely support.

Is it appropriate to use "Need Help, Please Read!" in a public forum?

Yes, it is appropriate to use "Need Help, Please Read!" in a public forum, such as a Facebook group or team chat. It allows consultants to receive help from their peers and can also benefit others who may have the same question or need assistance with a similar task.

How can I use "Need Help, Please Read!" effectively?

To use "Need Help, Please Read!" effectively, make sure to clearly state your question or request for assistance. It is also helpful to provide any relevant details or context to help others understand the issue. Additionally, be sure to thank those who offer their support and mark the question as resolved once it has been addressed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
carmom420
  • abrahamlaur
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
catson
Replies