• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm Curious.....do Any of You.....

In summary, a consultant with Pampered Chef, Partylite, and Creative Memories can only DS w/ other companies as they have accepted directorship.
hoosierchef
sell for more than one compay? There are so many out there who don't really compete with Pampered Chef. Are you a consultant with another company? If so who and how do you handle both businesses??

I am also a consultant for Partylite. However, I am slowly getting away from it. I have not had a show since Jan. but I did hold a few catalog shows. I decided that I would stay a consultant right now for my loyal customers but not try very hard to find the new customers. My heart is now into Pampered Chef!!

I do have another home-based business, but nothing like pampered chef...........same principle but different product..........i have and online travel agency and it really runs itself, except for the recruiting......
my site is www.travel-dreamz.com............... i have meetings once a week and work my shows friday and saturday if possible

i also have three kids, but my hubby does my babysitting, so i can get some adult time...................

Bumping up....

I also sell Creative Memories. I do that mostly as a hobby to get my discount. I don't do the Get Togethers (shows) - I just sell to my friends. I crop a few times a month with my upline who is becoming a director this month.

I keep thinking I would like to sell Usbourne Books - just because there isn't a consultant in this area, and I love their books......

I sell Avon.
I don't make anything off of it! Just do it because it gives me a discount and my friends order from me.
I don't even promote it, it is all word by mouth type of thing.

I sold Usborne for a while, too. I've pretty much tried them all, lol, but PC is the only one I've had real success with. :)

I like that Usborne gives you a website for FREE for 6 months - at least they used to. I started with them - also no other consultant around here, really - and then mom had a stroke, and I just never followed through. I could've done really well because I had an "in" with schools around here since I taught for a while before having children.

I thought....We weren't allowed to sell any other items if you were a PC consultant...???:confused:

chefkeri said:
We weren't allowed to sell any other items if you were a PC consultant...???:confused:
You can most certainly DS w/ other companies.

chefkeri said:
We weren't allowed to sell any other items if you were a PC consultant...???:confused:
I believe it's once you accept directorship you cannot sell anything else? Correct me if I an wrong anyone?

heat123 said:
I believe it's once you accept directorship you cannot sell anything else? Correct me if I an wrong anyone?

You are correct, Heather!;)

Also, you cannot sell or show anything at a PC show but PC. HTH.

I'm an Arbonne Rep, but don't do anything with it except I get a 35% discount off products.

I don't think you are supposed to sell both products at the same show. (ex. Taking a booth at a vendor show and selling both at the same time, Or hosting a PC/Avon Party with yourself as the consultant for both)

Im a consultant for Pure Romance as well. I love both of them and both are very profitable for me. I advertise the heck out of both too! It at times gets difficult to maintain both but I love doing them and I dont plan on giving either one up anytime soon. I dont have any kids right now so that helps and my husband really supports me.

kmschroll2001 said:
I don't think you are supposed to sell both products at the same show. (ex. Taking a booth at a vendor show and selling both at the same time, Or hosting a PC/Avon Party with yourself as the consultant for both)

You are correct. And when you accept directorship, you cannot be a consultant for another DSC.

I can understand the conflict of having a show together as a single consultant selling both, however....I really don't see how that would be any different than doing a vendor show somewhere with another consultant with another company........

PC is my only party style business, but I am an independent representative for Make it about Me books (adorable books -- my daughter loves seeing HER picture in the books -- I get very little out of it ($5 commission per book sold payable quarterly) but like the product) as well as a travel agent for global travel (ivykeep.globaltravel.com) - mostly for personal travel discounts.

My husband and I bought a picture framing shop two weeks ago and are working on getting that set up in our basement (it was successfully run out of another area home for 2 years after they closed their retail store) so I'm currently researching opening an online art supply store (we have almost 100k in ready to sell art supply items that were included with the sale -- I had NO idea paint and paint brushes were worth so much!!) Right now the on-line store will be to liquidate some of the inventory, but if successful, I will continue to run it and order resupply items.

Anyone out there run an on-line store with inventory that they can recommend good software for the website?

Technically I am an Arbonne rep but I only do it for the discount - It's PC all the way for me. The only biz that has peake dm interest is Premier Jewelry but I figure I would only be doing things half-way if I get involved in to much stuff

heat123 said:

ChefBeckyD said:
You are correct, Heather!;)

Does this include owning a web site and selling other products (not direct selling as in shows) ?

I am not a director yet, but I have sold NASCAR items for 7 years online, and that business is winding down, and just wanted to check.

Hi, I've just signed up with Home Interiors. I'm going to do it mainly for fundraisers b/c they don't go up on the price of there products and the organization still gets 50%.

Genburk, you just cannot be a part of any other DS company once your a director.

So they consider her Nascar website another direct sales company?

How does that work since many directors also hold other full time jobs and I presume some of those jobs involve sales and internet sales...

genburk said:
Does this include owning a web site and selling other products (not direct selling as in shows) ?

I am not a director yet, but I have sold NASCAR items for 7 years online, and that business is winding down, and just wanted to check.

If you are approaching directorship and your online biz is still going, I would clear this with Career Solutions.

DebbieJ said:
If you are approaching directorship and your online biz is still going, I would clear this with Career Solutions.

I can understand a company with a similar set up as PC (i.e., someone who would qualify to be a member of the DSA), but not a non-related internet and storefront business.

Hmmm... I guess this is something to consider since my husband and I are currently in the process of setting up the picture framing and art supply store. The Art supplies will be primarily sold on-line.

If PC tried to put any restrictions on what will become our primary income and ultimately my husband's full time job, there is absolutely no way I'd be willing to become a director.

I guess I better get a copy of the director agreement and review it carefully before I expend time and energy trying to get recruits.

So what happens if you have enough recruits to be a director, but can't accept all of the stipulations of the director agreement?:eek:

I am a Stampin' Up demonstrator. I love both companies & don't ever want to give either of them up. So, my husband signed up to be a PC consultant too & all recruits etc will be under him. We do all our shows together.

Stampaholic1961 said:
I am a Stampin' Up demonstrator. I love both companies & don't ever want to give either of them up. So, my husband signed up to be a PC consultant too & all recruits etc will be under him. We do all our shows together.

So are you both PC consultants and have to make the minimums twice (to keep active) or is he listed as the PC consultant on the paperwork and you work with him on the shows?

To clarify from my directors agreement that I've read, I understand it to be only DSA companies. As far as the nascar stuff online, that should be no problem at all. It only includes DSA companies.

Thank you very much for checking what the directors agreement says. I appreciate it.

tiffanypc05 said:
To clarify from my directors agreement that I've read, I understand it to be only DSA companies. As far as the nascar stuff online, that should be no problem at all. It only includes DSA companies.

That makes sense -- thanks for checking!!

ivykeep said:
So are you both PC consultants and have to make the minimums twice (to keep active) or is he listed as the PC consultant on the paperwork and you work with him on the shows?

For awhile we were both active but it was too difficult to keep both
going. So now we are keeping his number active & I am inactive.

Related to I'm Curious.....do Any of You.....

What other companies do you sell for besides Pampered Chef?

I am a consultant for Pampered Chef only. I do not sell for any other companies.

Do you have any competitors in the market?

Yes, there are other companies that offer similar products to Pampered Chef. However, I believe in the quality and uniqueness of Pampered Chef products and stand behind them as a consultant.

Are you able to handle both businesses as a consultant?

As a scientist, I have learned to manage my time and responsibilities efficiently. I am able to handle both my role as a Pampered Chef consultant and my scientific work effectively.

How do you handle the potential conflicts of interest between Pampered Chef and another company?

As stated before, I am solely a consultant for Pampered Chef and do not have any conflicts of interest with other companies. My focus and dedication lie with providing the best products and services to my customers through Pampered Chef.

Do you have any concerns about representing multiple companies as a consultant?

No, I am fully committed to Pampered Chef and do not have any plans to represent any other companies. My loyalty lies with Pampered Chef and I am proud to be a consultant for such a reputable and trusted brand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SamanthaNicole
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • mmilus
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jsanderson0508