• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ifAny of You Are Cheering for the Ku Jayhawks Tonight...

In summary, the Jayhawks are in the Final Four of the NCAA basketball tournament, and if they win tonight, they'll play in the championship. I'm a Jayhawk fan during basketball season, but I'm a Nebraska fan during football season. I'll be cheering for KU tomorrow night, and I'm also going to make my PC phone calls early tonight so I can watch the game.
lacychef
Got this in my email today.....GOJAYHAWKS!
In case you don't know, KU is in the Final Four in the NCAA basketball tournament, if they win tonight they'll play in the championship!

Let us pray for Our Boys and Coach Self!!!

For all the KU fans out there!

Our Father, who art in Lawrence,

Hallowed be thy Game.

Thy tourney come,

Thy championship will be done, In San Antonio as it is in Allen Field
House.

Give us this day our deserved victories.

And forgive us our turnovers,

As we forgive Roy who double-crossed against us.

And lead us not into defeat,

But deliver us from East Coast bias,

For Kansas is the basketball kingdom,

And the tradition,

And the glory,

For ever and ever.

Amen.

I will be cheering them on here in Lawrence. However I am only a Jayhawk fan during basketball season. During football season I go for the Huskers as I am originally from Nebraska and therefore I bleed Husker RED!!

Here are a couple of songs we have been hearing around the Lawrence area...

:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

http://www.94country.com/Website/newdesign/mp3s/JayhawkinYou.mp3

YouTube - Mix 93.3's KU Paralyzer Song

I was in Dillons yesterday and they had a whole bakery display of stuff for Jawhawk parties and they had cakes with that prayer on them! I meant to come home and Google it, but forgot. Thanks so much for posting!

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK--GO KU!

Beat Roy's Boys!

Interesting read on Roy attached

Attachments

• CHAPEL HILL.doc
    151.5 KB · Views: 207
AMEN!!

Finally a Kansas headline that doesn't involve the toilet gal, BTK, or Fred Phelps! LOL! :)

we cheer for anyone that has the opportunity to beat the "tar-holes"!!!

glad to see that KU pulled it off!

WO-HOOO!!

What an awesome game!!! We'll have to say the prayer again tomorrow night! Let's hope they come out with as much fire as they did last night!:balloon:

I actually watched the whole game. Yelling and clapping with the rest of the family. Which if you knew me.... I HATE to WATCH games on TV. Going to a game is one thing, but TV usually is boring for me. I'm sure it was mostly because I'm born and raised right here in Lawrence. Had to kick in some time. :) WAY TO GO HAWKS!!! Did you see the crowds Downtown on TV Last night. WOW!! Thousands of people... Young and Old... Doing crazy climbing on the light poles and stuff. I can't believe they closed down most of the road for those crazies could walk in the middle of the street. I'm gald I was safe at home. I live around 5 miles from there. If you went outside you can hear the honking and noise. Crazy people!

I can amagine what Monday would be like if they win that one.

There is a video on youtube to you give you an idea of how crazy Mass street was after the game.

YouTube - downtown Lawrence, KS after KU-UNC game

We went to Baldwin City and watched it and i think that is the most excitment the bars there have had in a long time. I am excited for the game on Monday night however I also work at bath and body works and the company scheduled us to do inventory monday night from 7 pm to midnight.:cry: I am calling in sick!!:yuck: :yuck:

Oh and did anyone see the interview with UNC coach Roy Williams after the game or even his face during the game? They were great.

Wow, that is pretty crazy!
I'll be making my PC phone calls early tonight, so I can watch the game:thumbup:

GO HAWKS!!

(well, apparently no one cares but us KS gals, but that's okay, LOL!)

WOO-HOO KU!!! NATIONAL CHAMPS!!

WHAT AN AWESOME GAME! DH isn't much of a b-ball fan, but he watched with me; he thought it was like watching a Packers game when it came down to the end!

what a great game! I still had to go in and do inventory but I took a TV, lawn chair, snacks, beads, noise makers, and a bottle of sparkling grape juice for when we won and sprayed it all over in the parking lot. Possibly would have been a better idea to get the white grape juice instead of the purple but oh well. They cancelled class for today not even 15 minutes after the game was over last night.

Do I hear a:
WAHOO!!!

Yeah....I guess it's just a Kansas gals that give a rip, but OH WELL! That was such an awesome game!!!

straitfan said:
Do I hear a:
WAHOO!!!

Yeah....I guess it's just a Kansas gals that give a rip, but OH WELL! That was such an awesome game!!!
They don't know what they missed!

The team is coming to Hutch for one of their Barnstormer games against our local Seniors on May 3rd. I'm pretty sure I'll have to get tix for my DS. Poor little guy, we weren't going to make him go to bed last night, but he fell asleep on the couch about 10:30 or so. I woke him up this am telling him it was a good day to be a Jayhawk! A lot of my 2nd graders are a little sleepy this am too! (Not to mention their teacher!)

I am thinking the whole state could be a little sleepy today. I read that at one of the high schools here in Lawrence there were 500 absences out of about 1,200 students and that number was probably going to increase this afternoon when the team got back into town.

It was a great game and a lot of fun to watch!!

jbarnhill said:
I am thinking the whole state could be a little sleepy today. I read that at one of the high schools here in Lawrence there were 500 absences out of about 1,200 students and that number was probably going to increase this afternoon when the team got back into town.

It was a great game and a lot of fun to watch!!
So will you be down there for all the celebrations?

And, I must say that Roy was a class-act last night too!:thumbup:

Oh no I am staying home. I am still trying to catch up on sleep and get my work done for my regular job. Anyways that would be way too many people for me to be around. They were welcomed home by about 25,000 fans at Memorial stadium.

Poor Roy. All of the Kansas fans have been giving him a hard time for the past few years and I have heard that now North Carolina is giving him a hard time for cheering for KU last night. He did have a nice jayhawk on his shirt last night though!

1. What is the Ku Jayhawks?

The Ku Jayhawks, also known as the Kansas Jayhawks, are the athletic teams of the University of Kansas. They compete in the NCAA Division I and are known for their successful basketball program.

2. Why would someone be cheering for the Ku Jayhawks tonight?

The Ku Jayhawks may be playing a game or event tonight, and fans of the team would be cheering them on for their success.

3. Is Pampered Chef a sponsor of the Ku Jayhawks?

Yes, Pampered Chef is a proud sponsor of the Ku Jayhawks. We support their dedication to athletic excellence and community involvement.

4. Can I purchase official Ku Jayhawks merchandise from Pampered Chef?

Currently, Pampered Chef does not offer official Ku Jayhawks merchandise. However, you can show your support by using our red and blue kitchen tools while cheering on the team!

5. Are there any special promotions or discounts for Ku Jayhawks fans?

Yes, Pampered Chef occasionally offers special promotions and discounts for Ku Jayhawks fans. Make sure to follow us on social media and sign up for our email list to stay updated on any upcoming deals!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkristin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefkristin
  • quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
SillyChef
Back