• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ifYou Could Only Buy 2 Chillzanne

I like the rectangle better because it is wider so you can put more things on it.I only use the rectangle server- I have never used my sectional server.
redsoxgirl
If you could only buy 1 ChillzanneWould you get the Rectangle Server or the Sectional Server and why?

Last edited:
Rectangle Server all the way!

Rectangler Server - its more useful in my house - veggie dips, cheese and crackers, chocolate covered strawberrys, deviled eggs, fruit platter, etc. I love the sectional but use the rectangler more - HTH!

Rectangle Server- I have both and actually have 3 rectangle servers and hardly ever use the sectional, the rectangle is used and often for many different things!

I use my rectangle server all of the time.....my sectional server is still in my office in a box - I've just never felt like I needed to use it.

I think I have used the sectional server one time, oh, wait that was my mom using it for shrimp. I have never used the sectional server.
I LOVE the rectangle server, use it all the time!!!

chefmeg said:

Ditto! I've never used the Sectional Server.

Well, I guess I have my answer! LOLThanks guys! :)

Not that you need my 2 cents Lindsay......but like Becky said...my sectional is still in the box!

erinyourpclady said:
Not that you need my 2 cents Lindsay......but like Becky said...my sectional is still in the box!

I am the same way! I love the concept of the sectional, but have never actually used it!

I was wondering why you were asking for a choice when you said, "If you could only buy 2"...he-he...I see you TRIED to change it! ;)I only have the rect. server, thought it'd be more practical for me...Oh, I do have the old round platter one that I bought used from Cathy I believe.

Rectangle. Much more versatile.
Love the bowls too....
Sorry, that wasn't the question was it??

laurichef said:
Rectangle. Much more versatile.
Love the bowls too....
Sorry, that wasn't the question was it??

Same here...
I don't know if anyone has done this but a few years ago ( I have to find the cook book) we had a recipe to make an Ice Cream Cake...well I make in on the flat side of the Rectangle server(which is ALWAYS in my freezer) Then put the whole thing back in the freezer & it fits back all together if you have to take it in the car.....HTH :love:

I rarely use any of the Chillzanne products, but my sectional server is also still in the box. I bought it last June when a host didn't want her host special. I keep the rectangle part in the freezer all the time, though, just in case I need it.

I use all of them alot I prefer my rectangle server but we entertain outside alot But I do love how the sectional server snakes down the middle of the table making it easier for everyone to get the veggies or shrimp or whatever is in it.

Rectangle for sure - I have never taken my Sectional out of the box...speaking of which, anyone want it?

All the 'juice' drained out of my rectangle but also has happened with the large bowl & the Ice Bucket we had before. Maybe that's why they're all being discontinued.

cheflane said:
All the 'juice' drained out of my rectangle but also has happened with the large bowl & the Ice Bucket we had before. Maybe that's why they're all being discontinued.
They're being discontinued because the price couldn't be kept low enough to continue selling the.

The liquid drained out of both of my bowls, too.

I love these products. I use my rectangle server all the time...I have never used my sectional server. I like the thought of it, but always pull out the rectangle. I also have the old round one and love it...although now the bottom is cracked and the stuff is gone. I started to throw it away, but keep thinking I can still use it. It is missing the top though. I used to use it for a cake taker because the round platter fits down in it and the lid kept it neat and clean...till my kids knocked the lid off the counter and broke it.

I ordered a small and large bowl last week because they are leaving...and my large bowl lost its cooling stuff.

erinyourpclady said:

Ooo, wanna give it to me? LOL

Rectangle all the way!!

I know you have your answer but I would go rectangle

More room

But I do have the sectional and use it as well around the center of my table around the umbrella I like it to be shaded because I put shrimp in it on a bed of lettuce. I also use it for fruit for people who sit around the table at larger parties but then I aloso use my two rectangles and my original circle.

Remember the Chillzanne has a three year warranty, and if your fluids leaked out that is a flaw in the product. I would submit a Product Adj. for them and see if they will send you a new one before they get discontinued!!! I had one arrive with moisture in the lid. I could smell a chemical smell, and sure enough, they replaced the entire product. Because I sent in the adjustment right away, it did not even cost me to send it back.
It would be worth the price of shipping for returning the defective part (keep the good parts for spares).

Shhhh!!!! Conference isn't over yet!!!!!

Rectangle all the way!

Deb...I thought about that when I first read the thread...lol Oops!! But, it wasn't intentional.

Rectangle for all the reasons listed plus it's a great carrier for your cupcakes. (no cupcakes are not a disease)

I have a question... do these Chillzane pieces come back each year? I held a party in February, and don't recall them being in the catalog, and they caught my attention when I signed in May. But my mom has a rectangle that she said she got at least a year ago... is that right?

IAmChefJ said:
I have a question... do these Chillzane pieces come back each year? I held a party in February, and don't recall them being in the catalog, and they caught my attention when I signed in May. But my mom has a rectangle that she said she got at least a year ago... is that right?

They've been in the catalog for as long as I've been a consultant....but if you want one, now would be the time to get it!

yep, the two bowls and the rectangle have always been there since I started 3 years ago. Sectional server is about a year (?) old maybe?

DebbieJ said:
Shhhh!!!! Conference isn't over yet!!!!!

Honestly I read NOTHING into her question. I figured she was just looking for an opinion like on what stone to buy.

I don't think Deb meant the OP...one or two of the answers on page one is what she was commenting on I will bet...

Ah, either way, WE ARE NOW CLEAR! :)

cheflane said:
I responded to this post, and my post was taken off but this one wasn't. I'm not bothered that my post was removed because I wasn't thinking when I replied to it. But, why was this post left alone?

Anyway, whatever!

What time did you post Jill? Were you slightly before the all-clear?

Ooh, that one was early - I missed that earlier - hmm...it must have gotten overlooked...

Rectangular all the way!! I had a mishap with mine coming flying out of the cabinet and it broke so I ordered another one, I make so many things over the summer that I use in the server. Now I'm wondering, do I get one more just in case?

I use my Sectional one more b/c we do lots of chips and dip. I think it depends on what you make the most.

jrstephens said:
I use my Sectional one more b/c we do lots of chips and dip. I think it depends on what you make the most.

That's my question...what can and can't be used in the sectional one compared to the rectangular one?

I don't have any of the chillzanne pieces yet. I was leaning towards the sectional because it looks like you could use it for the same things as the rectangle one, only you could also change the shape. I love the idea of using it on the deck table, around the umbrella.

I don't make deviled eggs, so the rectangular one doesn't jump out at me either with its flip side.

Amanda...if you never make deviled eggs, and plan to use it out on your deck table with an umbrella, I say go for the sectional one!

I think the rectangle one goes over sooooooooooooo well cuz of the deviled eggs divets on the one side. Plus, if you make something larger (like our ice cream sandwich cake) it fits on it nicely, as do cupcakes without getting smashed. Those are the main thing that I use mine with.

I just don't do a lot of chips/dip or veggie trays, so that's why my sectional one doesn't get used!

KellyTheChef said:
Amanda...if you never make deviled eggs, and plan to use it out on your deck table with an umbrella, I say go for the sectional one!

I think the rectangle one goes over sooooooooooooo well cuz of the deviled eggs divets on the one side. Plus, if you make something larger (like our ice cream sandwich cake) it fits on it nicely, as do cupcakes without getting smashed. Those are the main thing that I use mine with.

I just don't do a lot of chips/dip or veggie trays, so that's why my sectional one doesn't get used!

Which is why you can all mail your sectionals to ME! :) ;):p:blushing:

babywings76 said:
That's my question...what can and can't be used in the sectional one compared to the rectangular one?

I don't have any of the chillzanne pieces yet. I was leaning towards the sectional because it looks like you could use it for the same things as the rectangle one, only you could also change the shape. I love the idea of using it on the deck table, around the umbrella.

I don't make deviled eggs, so the rectangular one doesn't jump out at me either with its flip side.

I use the egg compartments in the rectangle server for chocolate covered strawberries!:thumbup:

Large bowl and rectangle server.

IMHO are the 2 most versatile pieces.

ChefBeckyD said:
I use the egg compartments in the rectangle server for chocolate covered strawberries!:thumbup:
Oh, that sounds so good, and such a good idea! I never thought of that. I don't eat deviled eggs.

I'm saving all my Chillzanne items for graduation parties. They're 6 years away, so I'm hoping the liquid doesn't leak out in the meantime! Otherwise, I don't use my Chillzanne very much. But maybe I'll start making chocolate covered strawberries for gatherings I attend. MMMMmmm!

ChefBeckyD said:

Such a great idea! :)

Oh, by the way, what part of the sectional goes in the freezer? That's one thing I do like about the rectangular one, that it's easy to always keep on hand in the freezer.

KellyTheChef said:

Ooohh, that sounds tempting...I'll have to look up that recipe...is it in the files?

JAE said:
Oh, that sounds so good, and such a good idea! I never thought of that. I don't eat deviled eggs.

I'm saving all my Chillzanne items for graduation parties. They're 6 years away, so I'm hoping the liquid doesn't leak out in the meantime! Otherwise, I don't use my Chillzanne very much. But maybe I'll start making chocolate covered strawberries for gatherings I attend. MMMMmmm!

I have had my large serving bowl for 10 years and it is still fine!

I have to agree with everyone else about the rectangle server!! That is my all time favorite!! I will need to be purchasing another one here before September!

cheflane said:

They are being discontinued because of cost increases. The prices would have gone up $20 or more PER ITEM. HO felt that our customers wouldn't be getting a good value at those prices.

babywings76 said:
Such a great idea! :)

Oh, by the way, what part of the sectional goes in the freezer? That's one thing I do like about the rectangular one, that it's easy to always keep on hand in the freezer.

There are small inserts that fit inside the pieces of the sectional...plus the bowl. Actually, the inserts for the sectional should be "easier" to fit into the freezer than the rectangle one, since they are smaller!

I'm curious as to what would make them go up in cost that much? Did they say? That seems like a lot. Just wondering!

<h2>1. Which Chillzanne server is more versatile: the Rectangle Server or the Sectional Server?</h2><p>The Rectangle Server is more versatile because it can be used to serve a variety of foods, including appetizers, entrees, and desserts. The large size and flat surface make it perfect for serving items like cheese and crackers, vegetables and dip, or even a cake. The Sectional Server is best for serving smaller, bite-sized items like fruit, nuts, or candies.</p><h2>2. Is the Chillzanne material durable and long-lasting?</h2><p>Yes, the Chillzanne material is made to last. It is a high-quality, non-porous plastic that is resistant to scratches, stains, and odors. It can withstand both hot and cold temperatures, making it perfect for serving hot or cold foods.</p><h2>3. Can the Chillzanne servers be used in the oven or microwave?</h2><p>No, the Chillzanne servers are not suitable for use in the oven or microwave. They are designed for serving and storing food, not for cooking. However, they are freezer safe, so you can use them to chill and serve cold foods.</p><h2>4. How do I clean and care for my Chillzanne servers?</h2><p>The Chillzanne servers are easy to clean and maintain. Simply wash them with warm, soapy water and a soft cloth or sponge. Avoid using harsh cleaners or abrasive materials, as they can scratch the surface. They are also dishwasher safe for added convenience.</p><h2>5. Are the Chillzanne servers BPA-free?</h2><p>Yes, the Chillzanne servers are made from BPA-free materials. This means they are safe for food use and do not contain any harmful chemicals. You can feel confident using them to serve your family and friends.</p>

1. Which Chillzanne server is more versatile: the Rectangle Server or the Sectional Server?

The Rectangle Server is more versatile because it can be used to serve a variety of foods, including appetizers, entrees, and desserts. The large size and flat surface make it perfect for serving items like cheese and crackers, vegetables and dip, or even a cake. The Sectional Server is best for serving smaller, bite-sized items like fruit, nuts, or candies.

2. Is the Chillzanne material durable and long-lasting?

Yes, the Chillzanne material is made to last. It is a high-quality, non-porous plastic that is resistant to scratches, stains, and odors. It can withstand both hot and cold temperatures, making it perfect for serving hot or cold foods.

3. Can the Chillzanne servers be used in the oven or microwave?

No, the Chillzanne servers are not suitable for use in the oven or microwave. They are designed for serving and storing food, not for cooking. However, they are freezer safe, so you can use them to chill and serve cold foods.

4. How do I clean and care for my Chillzanne servers?

The Chillzanne servers are easy to clean and maintain. Simply wash them with warm, soapy water and a soft cloth or sponge. Avoid using harsh cleaners or abrasive materials, as they can scratch the surface. They are also dishwasher safe for added convenience.

5. Are the Chillzanne servers BPA-free?

Yes, the Chillzanne servers are made from BPA-free materials. This means they are safe for food use and do not contain any harmful chemicals. You can feel confident using them to serve your family and friends.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
KarenMcC
  • elizabethfox
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Hathery
  • meganmcg
  • Products and Tips
Replies