• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Top Product Ideas for a Successful Cash & Carry Event | New Business Tips

In summary, the expert recommends not doing cash and carry because it's hard to figure out what people will want, and it's a waste of time. They suggest focusing on bookings and getting recruiting leads instead.
soccermom18
Hi I am new to the business and looking for some ideas. I was invited to do a cash & carry at the end of May. Any ideas on what product to have on hand for customers to buy.

None - I don't do cash & carry, because that's the great part about this business - we don't need to carry an inventory. I've tried the "cash & carry" thing in the past, but there is NO way to figure out what people are going to want, esp. with over 350 items in our catalog. I would show up with your kit and a bunch of catalogs and let the organizers know you don't do cash and carry, but can take orders. If they don't like it, they don't have you at the show (and PC is a big draw, so they'll probably want you!).

Thanks for the advice. I was going crazy trying to figure out what people would want to buy. There are just to many great products. The event is May 31st. Hopefully it goes well....

I honestly wouldn't expect to sell much. I usually don't at those things. Try to focus more on booking shows and getting recruiting leads. I'm much more successful at that than selling at those types of things. Just think of it as a great way of getting new leads you wouldn't normally get (do a drawing for a gift certificate or "free show" or something to get people's info), and you'll be fine.

I would also focus on bookings but if you need C&C you could stock up on SB from supply order to have on hand. At least you could use them for host/guest gifts if they don't all sell.

I second the no need for cash and carry. Unless they require then yeah, get some SBCBs and maybe some spices or small things you can get on supply order that you can use as drawing prizes or incentive gifts if they don't end up selling.

I agree with everyone else, I don't do cash and carry because you never know what people will want. Plus there is the whole issue of warranties, receipts, etc.

Is this for a booth event? Are you required to have items to sell?

Cash & CarryI have sold the $1.00 cookbooks at events like these. I stamp my contact information inside or put a label on the outside. Everyone loves to collect these. They will want to add the newest addition to their collection. This will also give you the opportunity to talk with them about their PC experiences and your specialty services.

Cash and CarryI have always got a few items on cash and carry display. I use the items that are on the supply order form on the door prize list. I know the items are small but you can really dress them up and make them cute and eye catching, sometimes I even display them with their simular counter parts in the catalog which promotes orders. :chef:

I was thinking about doing cash and carry with items off the outlet. I could use them as prizes or hostess gifts if they don't sell, and I don't have to worry about warranties/receipts.

When I do C & C I do SB and if I have dupicates of something I want to get rid of. The only time I did anything extra was last year I did a ritzy school Christmas fair. I bought some beer bread, sprinkles and a few of the bread crocks that are on the outlet and packaged them up. I sold all 4 I had.

I really try and have the batter bowl with the cake, cookie or brownie mix handy for the last minute holiday shoppers. I am really against having "stock" on hand, but it does come in handy for those last minute shoppers, kids at mother's day, hubbies and the such. Our neighborhood has a annual sale, usuallly around Mother's day, sometimes Father's day I sell alot of cash and carry then. I have a sign hanging (I use a blown up business card) so that they know I am a consultant, below I state "Prices our firm and as marked". I do at time "discount" 10% or so some of the items.

This is also when I sell alot of gift certificates.

I just did a fundraiser with my cluster. We had SEVERAL people who wanted the Ice Cream Scoop, the Easy Adjustable Measuring cup and the Pinch Bowl Set ... but didn't want to pay for shipping on such a small purchase. We decided that we need to have a few of these on hand for the next event.

I did a church booth last weekend. If it had not been for the extras I had at home, I wouldn't have felt like it was successful. I agree that many don't want to pay shipping if they're just getting a small item or two. Many don't care about the warranty so that's not an issue.

At my booth, people bought because it was there. I had mix 'n chops, ice cream dippers, SBCB, Quikut knives, Twixits, mini whippers, and some duplicates of products I had. That impulse buying makes a difference in my booths.

I did get 1 booking and about $100 in outside orders. However, I sold $200 in C&C. I know I don't have to have inventory on hand but I do keep some just for these booths or for those who call wanting an immediate shower or wedding gift.

I hope that helps in your decision.

I don't carry alot of cash & carry, but I do carry quite a few things. And while it doesn't all sell right away and you can't possibly know what people will want, I get last minute phone calls for items for bridal showers and weddings, birthdays and such so it is nice to have something on hand. Last night, I had someone stop by to buy something for a bridal shower this w/end. She purchased a collapsible bowl.
As far as what I carry. I carry the bamboo, BIG seller, can openers, jar openers, stoneware scrapers, quikut paring knives, citrus peelers, vege peelers, mini serving spatulas, all purpose spreaders, basically everything on the consultant order form that you can get at a great discount. Then the white scrapers sell REALLY well for me. Season's best always go. I carry a majority of little things b/c people will buy those. But I carry some larger things as well.

I dont do cash and carry a whole lot, but I did decide to order an extra handful of mix-n-chops and have been selling them like hot cakes!! People are buying them like they are going out of style!! Especially people in my office! Mostly people that have ordered them once and then a few wanted my on-hand ones to give as mother's day gifts, etc. this month. May be worth your time, but it is $$ coming out of your pocket... so if you don't sell it... you know!

I would go with the items on the supply order. Just cause they are smaller. the Knife, twixit Clips, spreaders, SB, etc. I also did some i-slices.

I didn't sell much as others said, but at least I can use all these items for door prize or hostess gifts.

Something that looks cute and you can just sell it for $5 is a SB wrapped up with a bow with the mini serving spatula tied onto the bow...

I don't do C&C either, but that's an idea (and it's something you can have to give away later)

http://women.evenhealth.com

Mix 'n Chops, Mini-Spatulas, Scrapers, bamboo, IC Dippers, Season's Best, Food Choppers, & RUFTH trivets always are big sellers at booths I have done. I also try to keep a couple of pizza stones on hand for things like wedding gifts. Until you get your supply built up, there are some great things on the outlet or you might want to put together some sample gift baskets for people to order so people can actually see what they will be getting. Offer gift certificates to those who absolutely need something right now. At a holiday booth I did I had people offering to pay full price for items in my TTA or on the table because they wanted them right then, so I started offering Customized Stockings using the Oven Mitt stuffed with tools & tied a bow on it to get people to ORDER.

It won't help you for this booth, but if you are going to NC, the surprise boxes are a great way to build up C&C merchandise!

I just picked up an order that just had Seasons Best, Mini Whippers, paring knives and mini bamboo spoons. Things that make great prizes if they don't sell. Also picked up some mini serving spatulas from the outlet.

Thanks for all the advice. I had the cash n carry Saturday. I did sell some season's best cookbooks. I had $100 in outside orders, 3 bookings, and 1 maybe. So it wasn't to bad for the $25 it cost me.

What are some popular "Ideas for Cash & Carry" items?

Some popular items for "Ideas for Cash & Carry" include our top-selling kitchen tools such as our garlic press, can opener, and avocado slicer. We also have a variety of baking and cooking sets that make great gifts for any home cook.

How do I set up a successful "Ideas for Cash & Carry" event?

To set up a successful "Ideas for Cash & Carry" event, we recommend having a variety of products on display for customers to see and touch. Offer special discounts or bundles to entice customers to make a purchase. It is also helpful to have samples or demonstrations of our products to showcase their quality and usefulness.

Are there any exclusive "Ideas for Cash & Carry" products?

Yes, we have a selection of exclusive "Ideas for Cash & Carry" products that are only available for purchase at our events. These products are often limited edition or seasonal items, so be sure to check with your consultant for availability.

Can I customize "Ideas for Cash & Carry" products with my own branding?

Unfortunately, we do not offer customization options for our "Ideas for Cash & Carry" products. However, you can add your own personal touch by including a handwritten note or attaching a business card to each purchase.

What is the return policy for "Ideas for Cash & Carry" items?

Our return policy for "Ideas for Cash & Carry" items is the same as our regular products. Customers can return any unused and unopened items within 30 days for a full refund. However, personalized or customized items are non-refundable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • eatoninthekitchen
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies