• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Was Just Browsing on E-Bay and Came Across an Entire Section of

In summary, people who sell products off ebay take the risk of being pulled as a consultant. As of March, Pampered Chef now has the right to audit our personal records. I think they did this so they could get those people selling on ebay and other auctions to stop.
Stephanie S
I was just browsing on E-Bay and came across an entire section of Pampered Chef products, being auctioned off at extremely low prices - much lower that what we consultants sell the products for. How can we compete?? :eek:

People who purchase products off ebay will not get the warranty that Pampered Chef has to offer. This is one of the things that makes Pampered Chef so awesome. They miss out on that.

The consultants who are selling on ebay take the risk of being pulled as a consultant. As of March, Pampered Chef now has the right to audit our personal records. I think they did this so they could get those people selling on ebay and other auctions to stop.

Don't worry about competing. If you watch, often the price of the products is more than what it would cost to go through a consultant.

I've seen the PC stuff on Ebay too. Also keep in mind that the buyer has to pay shipping on those products. So, not only will the price possibly go above what it's worth, but they pay shipping on top of that. Since they don't get an original sales reciept, PamperedGinger is right, there's no guarantee associated with it.

Also, often the seller starts the bidding at the cost of the product or close to the cost. Most of the PC products on e-bay aren't selling any cheaper than buying them from us.
Now if you type in "pampered chef consultant" on e-bay you will see paperwork or conultant items being sold by former PC consultants. Is that illegal to do if you aren't a consultant anymore? Because I have bought some invitations and paperwork from there. I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong. :confused:

janel kelly said:
Also, often the seller starts the bidding at the cost of the product or close to the cost. Most of the PC products on e-bay aren't selling any cheaper than buying them from us.
Now if you type in "pampered chef consultant" on e-bay you will see paperwork or conultant items being sold by former PC consultants. Is that illegal to do if you aren't a consultant anymore? Because I have bought some invitations and paperwork from there. I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong. :confused:

I talked to one of my hosp. directors this weekend and she said that if you're no longer a consultant, you ARE allowed to sell anything on ebay, but not if you are a consultant (they will find you if you do...)
She said that there is nothing wrong with getting paperwork, etc from ebay. You might want to contact the home office and check that one out, but that's what I was told!

What I don't understand about the consultants that are selling on ebay is that some of them list that they are indeed a consultant right in the information for the auction. How are they getting away with this? :confused: I thought that PC would track them down somehow but I guess not.

I don't know...I was told that you would be found...and believed it!!

From what I heard, it sometimes is difficult to track someone on ebay because they use different user names instead of their given names but on the occasions that I purchased something the seller's name is always given after the sale is over. I would think all PC would have to do it is buy something if they think the person is an active consultant.

I personally think that PC isn't going to bother with them just like they don't bother going after kit nappers but I still wouldn't even consider selling anything that way - Why would I want to take the chance that they might find out and besides I want any sales I do to be credited on my lifetime sales and commission.

As far as buying supplies on ebay... I don't see why that would be a problem with PC but it really is more expensive when you add the shipping and consider that you might get caught up in a bidding "war" and spend way more than right from the company so again, why would we?

I just had to post and say that I think the expression "kit nappers" is quite clever! ;)

Thanks for the info. I thought it was ok that I buy paperwork from there but then got a little worried when I read this thread. I actually don't spend more than $5-6 altogether when I bid. I don't win that often but I did recently get a whole box full of PC invitations of all kinds and only paid $5 for it- thats shipping included. Sometimes you can get lucky! :)

Just curious...What is a "Kit Napper"? :D

Linda Wilkie

I think it is someone who buys the kit with no expectations of becoming a consultant. Just buying it for the low cost.

1. What kinds of products can I find in the "I Was Just Browsing on E-Bay and Came Across an Entire Section of" section?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of kitchen and cooking products on E-Bay. In this section, you can find everything from cookware and bakeware to kitchen tools and gadgets.

2. Are the products in this section brand new or used?

Our products on E-Bay are a mix of brand new and gently used items. Each listing will specify the condition of the product, so you can make an informed decision before purchasing.

3. Is there a warranty or guarantee for the products in this section?

Yes, all of our products come with a satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

4. How often do you add new products to the "I Was Just Browsing on E-Bay and Came Across an Entire Section of" section?

We regularly add new products to this section, so be sure to check back often to see what's new. You can also sign up for our newsletter to stay updated on new listings and special deals.

5. Can I find discontinued or hard-to-find Pampered Chef products in this section?

Yes, you may be able to find discontinued or hard-to-find products in this section. Our inventory on E-Bay is constantly changing, so keep an eye out for rare items that may be available for purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shelbi
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
kpiemonte
  • pchefmillard
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Deborah Czarnecki
  • janetupnorth