• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Searched Here in the Files and Recipes... Can't Find Any Truffle

In summary, the author suggests that you can roll your own truffles by following the recipe provided. The recipe calls for unsweetened baking chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate morsels, whipped topping, and Pantry Double Strength Vanilla. The truffle mixture should be at room temperature to roll in coatings, and can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 3 months. The author provides a recipe for coating the truffles with assorted flavors such as toasted almonds, grated chocolate, or toasted coconut.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
I searched here in the files and recipes... can't find any truffle recipes. Does anyone have any to share?

Here you go...Black Velvet Truffle Bar
The Pampered Chef: Cooking for Two & More
Cooking with Friends
Page 117

For an upscale interactive dessert, allow guests to roll their own truffles in an assortment of coatings.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: About 3 hours, 15 minutes

6 oz. fine quality bittersweet chocolate
2/3 c. heavy whipping cream
½ tsp. Double Strength Vanilla
½ cup assorted coatings such as toasted coconut; grated chocolate, finely shopped pistachios; finely chopped toasted almonds; or finely chopped toffee candy bars

1. Finely chop chocolate with Food Chopper, place in Small Batter Bowl. Add cream, microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30 seconds; stir until smooth. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds or until smooth. Stir in Vanilla. Cover; let stand at room temperature until mixture is firm enough to scoop (at least 3 hours or overnight). Using Small Scoop, scoop truffles onto serving platter. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to coat truffles
2. Prepare assorted coatings and place into serving bowls. Roll truffles in coatings.

Yield: 12 truffles

Nutrients per serving (2 truffles): Calories 290, Total Fat, 25 g, Saturated Fat 14 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Protien 3 g, Sodium 15 mg, Fiber 3 g
Diabetic Exchanges per serving (2 truffles): 1 starch, 5 fat (1 carb)

Chef’s Corner
Truffles are rich confections made with melted chocolate, butter or cream, and various flavorings such as vanilla, liquors, or spices. Once cooled, the truffle mixture is rolled into balls and coated with various coatings. They were named after the prized rare fungus with the same name.

The truffle mixture should be at room temperature to roll in coatings. Truffles can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 3 months. Make sure to return to room temperature before serving for best flavor and texture.

The Pampered ChefThe Pampered Chef ®
Velvety Chocolate Truffles
Recipe

2 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened baking chocolate
1 package (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1/4 teaspoon Pantry Double Strength Vanilla
Assorted coatings such as unsweetened cocoa powder, toasted chopped
almonds, grated chocolate or toasted coconut

Coarsely chop chocolate squares using Food Chopper. Place chopped
chocolate, chocolate morsels and half of the whipped topping in Large
Micro-Cooker®; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 11/2-2 minutes or until
chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring after each 20-second interval.
Pour chocolate into Classic Batter Bowl using Classic Scraper; cool
slightly. Fold in remaining whipped topping and vanilla.

Spread truffle mixture onto Cutting Board; refrigerate 30 minutes or
until firm enough to scoop. (Do not allow chocolate to harden too long
or the coatings will not adhere well to the truffles.)

Using Small Scoop, scoop truffle mixture onto small plates containing
assorted coatings. For easier scooping, dip scoop into hot water after
every few truffles and tap on paper towels to remove excess water.
Wearing plastic gloves or using Bamboo Tongs, roll truffles in coating.
Place coated truffles onto Simple Additions® Medium Square and serve.

Yield: About 40 truffles

Nutrients per serving: (1 truffle): Calories 70, Total Fat 4.5 g,
Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 7 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium
0 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Cook's Tip: To toast almonds, place almonds in Small (8-in.) Saute Pan.
Heat over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until almonds begin to brown,
stirring frequently. Remove from pan; cool completely.

To toast coconut, preheat oven to 350°F. Spread coconut onto Small Bar
Pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown; remove from oven and
cool completely.

If desired, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla can be substituted for the Double
Strength Vanilla.

For very finely grated chocolate, use the Microplane® Adjustable Grater.
For more coarsely grated chocolate, use the Deluxe Cheese Grater.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

Ann

I don't really have a recipe for these - I just make them.....they WOW people every time - and especially when you tell them how simple they are to make!

NO-FAIL TRUFFLES
1 pkg. Double Stuffed Oreos
1 8 oz package cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla (1/2 tsp using PC vanilla)
Dipping Chocolate

Finely crush the oreos (I used my meat tenderizer with the cookies in a ziplock bag) Add the cream cheese and vanilla (I just add them right to the bag) and mash it all up together. Use the small scoop and scoop them onto a stone covered with parchment (for easy clean up) place them in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. While they are chilling melt the chocolate, then dip them in the chocolate and allow them to set-up.
These are even better if you allow them to set overnight! I usually keep some in my freezer during the holidays to quickly do before shows or when we need to take a dessert or treat someplace!

Those oreo ones are good!

Ann

Has anyone tried these truffle recipes - I am thinking about the Black Velvet Truffle Bar as a make ahead and gift type recipe for a fundraiser on Thursday

These are not dessert truffles, but is a PC recipe. Savory Cheese Truffles. Basically they are personal mini cheese balls. They are so easy to make and when put on the new bamboo cheese board (next months HS) it makes for a beautiful setup! :D

SAVORY CHEESE TRUFFLES

1 container (8 ounces) cream cheese spread
1 garlic clove, pressed
¼ teaspoon Tabasco hot pepper sauce (optional)
1 package (8 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup coarsely chopped almonds, pecans or snipped fresh parsley
Assorted crackers (optional)

In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese spread, garlic and pepper sauce, if desired; mix well. Add cheddar cheese to cream cheese mixture (mixture will be stiff).

Using Small Scoop, drop level scoops of cheese mixture onto cutting board. Coat cheese balls in almonds, pecans or parsley. Serve using Stainless Serving Picks accompanied with assorted crackers, if desired.

Yield: About 30 truffles

Variations: Smoky Bacon Cheese Truffles: Add ½ cup crisply cooked and crumbled bacon and ¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper to the cream cheese mixture. Proceed as recipe directs.

Pimento-Olive Cheese Truffles: Add ½ cup coarsely chopped pimento-stuffed green olives to the cream cheese mixture. Proceed as recipe directs.

Lee Anne~

What recipe book did those come out of? They look really good!

We did the black velvet truffle bar at our meeting last night and they were good.

Ann

KellyTheChef said:
Lee Anne~

What recipe book did those come out of? They look really good!

The recipe is from the use and care card that came with the Stainless Serving Picks.

these are the best things every invented lolA friend of mine makes these and gives them out for Christmas. MMMM MMMMM MMMMMM MMMMMM should I say more hehehehehe

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't really have a recipe for these - I just make them.....they WOW people every time - and especially when you tell them how simple they are to make!

NO-FAIL TRUFFLES
1 pkg. Double Stuffed Oreos
1 8 oz package cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla (1/2 tsp using PC vanilla)
Dipping Chocolate

Finely crush the oreos (I used my meat tenderizer with the cookies in a ziplock bag) Add the cream cheese and vanilla (I just add them right to the bag) and mash it all up together. Use the small scoop and scoop them onto a stone covered with parchment (for easy clean up) place them in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. While they are chilling melt the chocolate, then dip them in the chocolate and allow them to set-up.
These are even better if you allow them to set overnight! I usually keep some in my freezer during the holidays to quickly do before shows or when we need to take a dessert or treat someplace!

I made the no fail truffles today and OH MY what have I been missing? Even my wont eat anything from the microwave 9 year old couldnt get enough! I too am going to incorprate this into my holiday cookie/candy recipes and give them out. Thanks for the wonderful suggestion!
:p

Do they have to be refrigerated?

to set up properly, yes. this keeps the mixture cold and helps set up the chocolate that you dip them into. a little tip I found is that if you spary the cookie sheet or parchment paper LIGHTLY with pam...they dont stick and come off clean & looking beautiful and this WILL NOT affect the taste at all.

klsnyder said:
Do they have to be refrigerated?

I stick them in the freezer for 15-20 minutes, and then dip them in the chocolate - the chocolate hardens very quickly this way, and they are ready to eat! I do store them in the refrig. if there are any left - because they have cream cheese in them.
I have been making them for 4 yrs. (got the recipe from my director) and have never had anyone not love them!

I thought they were a little too rich. Do you think they would keep their shape without being coated in chocolate, or did I do something wrong???

I made them last night for the first time and they were a big hit. I think they are really rich too and a little messy. It was a bit more cumbersome making them than I thought it would be.....:confused:

I tried the oreo truffles the other night at Patsy McGovern's meeting and they were fabulous.

I did th Black Velvet Truffles last night - The ladies loved them THey are a little messy though

Related to I Searched Here in the Files and Recipes... Can't Find Any Truffle

1. Can you recommend a truffle recipe using Pampered Chef products?

Yes, we have a delicious truffle mac and cheese recipe that can be made using our Rockcrok® Dutch Oven and Microplane® Adjustable Coarse Grater.

2. Do you have any tips for storing truffles?

Truffles should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, wrapped in a paper towel to absorb any moisture. You can also store them in a jar of rice for a more intense flavor.

3. Can I use my Pampered Chef tools to shave truffles?

Yes, our Microplane® Adjustable Coarse Grater is perfect for shaving truffles. Just adjust the blade to your desired thickness and carefully shave the truffle over your dish.

4. Where can I purchase truffles for cooking?

Truffles can be found at specialty food stores, farmers markets, and online gourmet food retailers. You can also check with your local restaurant suppliers.

5. Are there any vegetarian truffle recipes available?

Yes, we have a delicious vegetarian truffle risotto recipe that can be made using our Garlic & Brie Baker. You can also add truffles to any vegetarian pasta or salad dish for a burst of flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gailz2
  • SChristie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • barbara_anne
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies