• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Torte Pan Recipes Wanted: Help a Desperate Baker!

In summary, torte pan recipes are available on consultant's corner. There are 3 recipes available, and another 2 or 3 listed in the season's best collections.
turtle15
Does anyone have a file of Torte Pan recipes they can share? I have searched and can't find very many. Thanks!

Hey turtle...

If you go to files, type torte....there are about 19 docs with recipes....also, have you gone to CC and typed torte pan as the tool?

Hope this helps....are you looking for something specific?

Maybe if you google torte pan, lots of ideas will pop up....if you do happen to find some new ones....please share!:D

Oh, I will try that. I was searching under the recipe tab. Thanks!

I checked them out. I noticed that most recipes I am finding don't actually use the torte pans.

I just used mine a week ago for my daughter's birthday cake. I make a chocolate cake and split it into the 2 pans. I popped the cakes out of the pan and cooled them in the fridge for an hour. I placed one on a plate. Then I took a 1/2 gallon of ice cream and sliced about 1/4" thick slices off with a bread knife and placed them on the layer. I placed the 2nd cake on top then frosted it all. It made a great ice cream cake. After eating the initial pieces, we froze the rest. We ate it for the next 2 days right out of the freezer.

Great idea. Did you just cook the cake according to the time and temperature on the box?

Sorry you looked them up for nothing....let me see what I find over at consultant's corner.

Ok...don't know how familiar you are with searching for recipes on consultant's corner....but if you search the recipes tab on cc, and do a search using the torte pan as your tool....there are 3 recipes available...and then another 2 or 3 listed in the season's best collections. You'll have to look each of those under the specific seasons best listed, but they are all available to you there on cc too...

did that make sense?

Here are a couple torte recipes that I have used at my shows. I also print this for each person at the show, so they can try the recipes in, hopefully, their new torte pan set. I bake the cakes at home and take with me. The host replaces the mix. The American Dream is good for patriotic holiday months like July. I buy those tiny American flags on toothpicks to decorate the cake.

Attachments

• TORTE RECIPES.doc
    59 KB · Views: 504
Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Ok...don't know how familiar you are with searching for recipes on consultant's corner....but if you search the recipes tab on cc, and do a search using the torte pan as your tool....there are 3 recipes available...and then another 2 or 3 listed in the season's best collections. You'll have to look each of those under the specific seasons best listed, but they are all available to you there on cc too...

did that make sense?

Yes - I found all of those already. Thanks for checking!

turtle15 said:
Great idea. Did you just cook the cake according to the time and temperature on the box?

Yes, just follow what it says for two pans...

janetupnorth said:
I just used mine a week ago for my daughter's birthday cake. I make a chocolate cake and split it into the 2 pans. I popped the cakes out of the pan and cooled them in the fridge for an hour. I placed one on a plate. Then I took a 1/2 gallon of ice cream and sliced about 1/4" thick slices off with a bread knife and placed them on the layer. I placed the 2nd cake on top then frosted it all. It made a great ice cream cake. After eating the initial pieces, we froze the rest. We ate it for the next 2 days right out of the freezer.
Thanks sounds good, and a lot cheaper than the pre-made ones!!
I am going to try that, and I think I will soften the ice cream first then fill the well of one of the torte pans and freeze it. After it is frozen firm I will remove it and use it for the filling.

It doesn't take as long to cook in the PC torte pans, because they are larger diameter and thinner than 'normal' cake layers.
I think 18-20 minutes, instead of the usual 30 minutes.

1. What is a torte pan and how is it different from a regular cake pan?

A torte pan is a round baking pan with high sides and a removable bottom. The high sides help create taller cakes, while the removable bottom allows for easy removal of the cake without damaging its shape. It is typically used for baking layered cakes or tortes, as it creates a more elegant and professional look.

2. Can I use a regular cake recipe in a torte pan?

Yes, you can use a regular cake recipe in a torte pan. However, keep in mind that the high sides of the pan may affect the baking time and may require adjustments. It is also important to properly grease and flour the pan to ensure easy removal of the cake.

3. Can I use a torte pan for savory dishes as well?

Yes, you can use a torte pan for savory dishes too. It is a versatile pan that can be used for both sweet and savory recipes. Some popular savory dishes made in torte pans include quiches, frittatas, and tarts.

4. What are some tips for successfully baking a torte in a torte pan?

Some tips for successfully baking a torte in a torte pan include properly greasing and flouring the pan, using parchment paper on the bottom for easy removal, and allowing the torte to cool completely before removing it from the pan. It is also important to follow the recipe closely and not overfill the pan, as this can result in a messy and uneven cake.

5. Do you have any recommended torte pan recipes?

Yes, we have a variety of delicious torte pan recipes on our website, including chocolate torte, lemon raspberry torte, and strawberry cream torte. You can also experiment with your own favorite cake recipes and adapt them for use in a torte pan. Just make sure to follow the tips mentioned above for successful results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• footballchef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
chefann
  • kmschroll2001
  • Pampered Chef Recipes