• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need Some Ideas- Polish Recipe

In summary, the speaker selected Poland as their dish to represent at the National Meeting, and they are looking for a dish that is easy but yummy. They suggest pierogis, haluski, kielbasi, and potato pancakes. Beer is served in juice glasses, and city chicken is a suggested dish.
mrssyvo
For our National Meeting, We drew a country out of a basket, and we have to bring a dish that represents that country. I picked Poland. I am going to do a search on All recipes.com, and hopefully I can come up with something- but if anyone has a tried and true one, I would appreciate it- I am looking for something easy, but yummy-

I'm part Polish. Here's some suggestions:

Pierogis (You can use the sandwich sealer, I heard...or you could buy boxed and just cook them in the executive skillet with butter and onions that you've sliced with the mandoline)

Haluski (Cabbage and noodles)

Kielbasi

I just had pierogis for breakfast this morning...minus the onion! :)

stuffed cabbage rolls, too. YUM!! kapusta and kraut - pork, shredded or chopped, mixed with sauerkraut, onions, and mushroomspotato pancakes (serve with applesauce and sour cream)hruschiki - angel wing pastriesbeer served in juice glasses :D (There are many neighborhoods around here where you can see the Polish babushkas sitting on their porches drinking beer from juice glasses)city chicken - pork and veal on skewers, floured and cooked

sounds great- any easy deserts?

Angel Wings are dessert, but they're not really easy. They're a fried pastry that's then covered in powdered sugar. They're delicious, but messy.You can do a traditional dessert pierogi - filled with prune, sweetened cheese, or fruit and sweetened cheese (ricotta - not cheddar LOL). DH's aunt and grandmother make homemade pierogi every year for Christmas, and they always make some with plums, and some with prunes. They get cooked just like the others, then lightly pan fried. Sprinkle with a little granulated sugar when serving.

Here's an Angel Wings recipe from Cooks.com:Cooks.com - Recipe - Angel Wings--Chruscik (A Polish Pastry)ANGEL WINGS--CHRUSCIK (A POLISH PASTRY) 6 egg yolks
1/2 c. thick sour cream
1 tbsp. rum or whiskey
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking powder
Pinch of salt
3 c. flourBeat egg yolks well; add sour cream, rum, vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Mix all together. Now, gradually add the flour. Knead dough about 30 minutes until it is easy to work with. Roll dough out thin and cut into strips of 1 1/2 inches wide and 3 inches long at an angle, rather than straight edge. Cut slit in center of each strip; draw one end of pastry through slit. Fry in hot deep fat until light golden color. Drain on absorbent paper.When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Yields: about 4 dozen.

Oh- duh! Paczki (POONCH-key) are Polish, too. They're a "doughnut on steroids" that's traditionally served just before Lent. They were originally a way to use up fat and eggs before Lent started. Nowadays, grocery stores sell them, usually filled, but they don't have to be filled to be a traditional Paczki (my neighbor when I was a kid would make them and bring them over still warm). Let me see if I can find a recipe.

Here's a Paczki recipe: http://www.recipezaar.com/83936

Ann, this looks great- I am not known for my talent with baking, but I think I will give it a shot.

Related to I Need Some Ideas- Polish Recipe

1. What is a traditional Polish recipe?

A traditional Polish recipe can vary depending on the region, but some popular dishes include pierogi, bigos (hunter's stew), and kielbasa (sausage). These dishes often incorporate hearty ingredients like potatoes, cabbage, and various meats.

2. Can you recommend a simple Polish recipe for beginners?

One easy Polish recipe for beginners is placki ziemniaczane, or potato pancakes. They are made with grated potatoes, flour, and eggs, and can be served with sour cream or applesauce. Another simple recipe is gołąbki, which are cabbage rolls filled with a mixture of ground meat, rice, and spices.

3. Are there any vegetarian Polish recipes?

Yes, there are vegetarian versions of many traditional Polish dishes. Some examples include mushroom pierogi, vegetarian bigos made with mushrooms and sauerkraut, and fasolka po bretońsku, a bean and vegetable stew.

4. What are some popular desserts in Polish cuisine?

Some popular desserts in Polish cuisine include sernik (cheesecake), makowiec (poppy seed cake), and szarlotka (apple pie). These desserts often feature fruit, nuts, and spices like cinnamon and vanilla.

5. Are there any traditional Polish recipes for special occasions?

Yes, there are many traditional Polish recipes that are commonly served at special occasions like holidays and weddings. Some examples include barszcz (beet soup) on Christmas Eve, żurek (sour rye soup) on Easter, and babka (yeast cake) at weddings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • emiscookin
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies