• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Just Can't Believe This Horrible Story!

In summary, the conversation revolves around a news story of a man on a bus who was severely mentally ill and ended up beheading and cannibalizing a young man. The conversation expresses shock, disgust, and sympathy for the victim and his family, as well as concern for the passengers who witnessed the gruesome incident. Some also discuss their thoughts on the death penalty and the impact on children who were on the bus. The overall consensus is that this event is a tragic and disturbing reminder of the dark side of humanity.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
This story has got me totally baffled....:confused: :( How can someone become so severely sick like that??? I'll be praying for the family of the victim and the passengers of the bus.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2008/07/31/greyhound-transcanada.html

Oh my....that man must be severely mentally ill...what a tragedy for everyone involved.

ummm... wow! That will definitely have me second-thinking ever taking a bus anywhere - crazy, scary crazy!

Wow...I am so thrown by that. I can't imagine how someone could be so sick, that boy kid and the people that had to see it.

Noting grosses me out more then hearing or seeing someone lose a limb or body part. Not sure why I took the time to read that.... feel sick now. Horrible! :grumpy:

This is just one more thing that baffles me about the human race.

it's on cnn.com btw

All I can say is "Wow! There are some sick, sick, sick people in this world."

Oh my, I could not finish this story. The poor victim.

i hate the words behead or decapitate.
i dont know why i read the story either. but now i feel a little sick.
i kept looking at the website to see if it was a fake news site.
if only it was fake...

I sure wish we had the death penalty here. This is one time that I would like to see it used. I'm not for it in most cases but when there is no doubt it's a no brainer. Or that he would have resisted arrest and they would have shot him. I know that's horrible, but what he did was disgusting. We had thought that a friends of our son had been on that bus but he left on the one after that one out of Saskatchewan. Thank god that he didn't have to see something like that.

Ok, my lunch I JUST finished eating is not settling well at all! Makes me just sick. Oh the poor family to hear of their child. I hope I can sleep.

To say this man who could do this has some issues would be a big understatement!! It is so sad to see what we as humans are capable of doing. To think of all the people who wittnessed this, I will definitely be praying for them!

This is so haunting. I just couldn't believe it when it came on the news. I think when that creep tried to jump off the bus they should have shot him. He was armed and what he did, just one bullet would have done the deed.

That poor young guy and his family. What his family must be going through is terrible.

I am not a violent person, and would never hurt anyone but this has just struck accord with me. Now tax payers will feed, clothe, and entertain the creep for the rest of his life. To think a penny of my money will go to this sociopath makes me want to throw up.

Now tax payers will feed, clothe, and entertain the creep for the rest of his life. To think a penny of my money will go to this sociopath makes me want to throw up.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree.

Isnt this terrible? It happened about 45 minutes outside of where I live. My cousin was dating this boy's brother. So sad.

That is completely disgusting. I couldn't even imagine what compelled that man and I have a degree in Psychology!! The more I read stuff like that, the more I want to spend less time with humans and more with animals.

I read this last week and was horrified! We vacation in Canada every year and have never heard of anything like this happening there! The only thing that kept going through my head was that there were children on that bus. This would be horrifing enough as an adult but there is no telling what these children saw and what they will go through.

buckeyefan08 said:
I read this last week and was horrified! We vacation in Canada every year and have never heard of anything like this happening there! The only thing that kept going through my head was that there were children on that bus. This would be horrifing enough as an adult but there is no telling what these children saw and what they will go through.

Young kids are actually much more resilient than adults, the important thing is that their parents let them know they are safe now. Depending on how young they are, they might not even really understand what happened except what was explained by their parents. In these cases it is mostly the terror of the parents that feeds fear in the child. Hopefully the kids on board were too young to really "get it" like an older child would. Of course, we can never say what affects a specific person adversely, I'm speaking in generalities.

Jillybill said:
Young kids are actually much more resilient than adults, the important thing is that their parents let them know they are safe now. Depending on how young they are, they might not even really understand what happened except what was explained by their parents. In these cases it is mostly the terror of the parents that feeds fear in the child. Hopefully the kids on board were too young to really "get it" like an older child would. Of course, we can never say what affects a specific person adversely, I'm speaking in generalities.

I know that one child was 6 years old :(

Related to I Just Can't Believe This Horrible Story!

What is the story about?

The story is about a woman who was betrayed by her best friend and husband, causing her to lose everything she had worked for.

Is this a true story?

Yes, this is a true story based on the experiences of one of our Pampered Chef consultants.

How did Pampered Chef help the consultant?

Pampered Chef provided emotional support and financial assistance to help our consultant get back on her feet and start a new life.

What can I do to support the consultant?

You can show your support by purchasing products from our consultant's Pampered Chef website or hosting a party to help her earn income.

Is there a way to donate directly to the consultant?

Yes, you can make a donation directly to the consultant through her Pampered Chef website or by contacting our customer service team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
baychef
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies