• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Have a Client Who Has a Vague Memory of His Aunt's Recipe for Cole

That is how my Dad makes coleslaw. He thinly slices the coleslaw. Sprinkles salt on top and then puts a plate on it. Several hours later he drains the liquid, then adds mayo (not miracle whip), vinegar and sugar, mixes till creamy, then tastes to see if it needs more salt and pepper. Hope that helps.Yes, it does! And thank you for the suggestion.
RMDave
Gold Member
I have a client who has a vague memory of his Aunt's recipe for cole slaw that involves salting the cabbage first, before it is dressed and set aside before serving.

Does anybody have such a recipe? I imagine the salt drew moisture out of the slaw. Just a wild guess.

Help?

Many thanks,
D

Re: Help!Is it a PC recipe?

Re: Help!Laurie, probably not.

Re: Help!Sooooo many cole slaw recipes. Is it a creamy cole slaw, or a vinaigrette recipe? Is it sweet, or more spicy?

I have several in my recipe collection - and most cole slaw recipes that start with a head of cabbage (not a bag from the product dept.) call for salting the cabbage.

Re: Help!
ChefBeckyD said:
Sooooo many cole slaw recipes. Is it a creamy cole slaw, or a vinaigrette recipe? Is it sweet, or more spicy?

I have several in my recipe collection - and most cole slaw recipes that start with a head of cabbage (not a bag from the product dept.) call for salting the cabbage.

I'll see what information I can get on whether its creamy .. etc.

Are you saying that most of the recipes starting with a head of cabbage have you salt first, wait for moisture to be drawn out, then you proceed with the recipe?

Re: Help!
RMDave said:
I'll see what information I can get on whether its creamy .. etc.Are you saying that most of the recipes starting with a head of cabbage have you salt first, wait for moisture to be drawn out, then you proceed with the recipe?
Yes. It's just unusual to find one like that anymore, because most recipes now start with "One bag of cole slaw mix".:rolleyes: And that stuff has been sitting long enough it's already dried out.

Re: Help!Yes, Becca .. but I didn't feel like plowing through hundreds of recipes. I thought someone might have a favorite that met my need.Thanks so much for your suggestion.

Re: Help!that is how my Dad makes coleslaw. He thinly slices the coleslaw. Sprinkles salt on top and then puts a plate on it. Several hours later he drains the liquid, then adds mayo (not miracle whip), vinegar and sugar, mixes till creamy, then tastes to see if it needs more salt and pepper. Hope that helps.

Related to I Have a Client Who Has a Vague Memory of His Aunt's Recipe for Cole

1. Can you help me recreate my aunt's recipe for cole slaw?

Absolutely! We have a wide variety of kitchen tools and cookbooks that can assist you in recreating your aunt's recipe. Our consultants are also trained to provide tips and suggestions for making the perfect cole slaw.

2. Do you have any specific products or tools that can make preparing cole slaw easier?

Yes, we have a few products that can make preparing cole slaw quicker and easier. Our Salad Chopper is perfect for chopping up vegetables and ingredients for cole slaw. We also have a Quick Slice that can easily slice up cabbage and other ingredients for the salad.

3. Can I use your products to make the recipe healthier?

Definitely! Our products are designed to make cooking and preparing meals healthier and easier. For example, our Salad Spinner can help remove excess water and moisture from vegetables, making them crisp and fresh for your cole slaw.

4. My aunt's recipe calls for a specific type of knife. Do you have any recommendations?

We have a variety of high-quality knives that can be used for slicing and dicing vegetables for cole slaw. Our consultants can help recommend the best type of knife based on your specific needs and preferences.

5. Can I make the cole slaw in advance and store it in a Pampered Chef product?

Yes, our products are designed to help with meal prep and storage. Our Mixing Bowls come with lids that can be used for storing cole slaw in the fridge. Our Quick Cooker can also be used to make and store cole slaw in one container.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rennea
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
smilesarepriceless
  • KimmyDarling