• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Bit the Bullet and Got My Own Website :)

In summary, the conversation discusses the success of using personal websites for business purposes. Some have had good luck with their sites, while others have decided to cancel theirs due to lack of profitability. However, those who actively promote their sites and use features such as the Outlet option and monthly emails have seen an increase in orders and profitability. It is important to include the website on all marketing materials and to talk it up to customers in order to generate more traffic and orders. Additionally, the new option of emailing through the site has been successful for some, and it is suggested to add guests' contact information to one's own contacts. Overall, the use of personal websites can be beneficial for individual orders and promoting special offers.
rennea
Gold Member
So now what?

I have been with PC for 3 years and just now setup my site. I really hope it pays for it's self! Has everyone had good luck with their sites?

rennea said:
So now what?

I have been with PC for 3 years and just now setup my site. I really hope it pays for it's self! Has everyone had good luck with their sites?

I actually just canceled mine. It was up for renewal and I looked at the amount of money that I made off of it and it wasn't worth it. I very rarely had hosts that would use it, and the majority of guests submitted their outside orders directly to a host. I know there are other people though that get several hundred dollars in orders each month from it. I'd like to be them.

Rennea,

Do you have the Outlet option in Canada?

Since I started sending out a monthly email when the Outlet updates, I have gotten so many orders! As much as $700 a month - and I don't get home office leads! (yet!) Those people who like to shop the outlet are now also ordering from the regular catalog online also. I don't get a whole lot of action on my website related to shows - but I do get individual orders! It's all a matter of keeping it in front of your customers - and giving them clear directions on how to order.

Since you do just catalog shows, I could see this as being very beneficial to you! Being able to collect outside orders right on your website is great.

You should play around with the news section and add the upcoming specials and other items. Also there is an "I have a website" in the Customer Connection part. I would email that to all your contacts.

ChefBeckyD said:
Rennea,

Since I started sending out a monthly email when the Outlet updates, I have gotten so many orders! As much as $700 a month - and I don't get home office leads! (yet!) Those people who like to shop the outlet are now also ordering from the regular catalog online also. I don't get a whole lot of action on my website related to shows - but I do get individual orders! It's all a matter of keeping it in front of your customers - and giving them clear directions on how to order.

We do have the outlet here and that's why I signed up :) LOL

I am having a January sale and have made flyer's to put with everyone's order from my big show and now I am going to add my site information.

I'll see how it goes, but $700.00 a month would be so awesome. I will keep my fingers crossed;)

I have debated whether it is worth it or not many times. I really don't get many orders on it, no hosts have ever used it to send e-vites, and I have only had a few guests order for shows...

But, that being said:
For a recent promotion (In The Bag maybe?) I miscalculated and was a few dollars short of a level. I had already submiited my last show during the promo, so I couldn't add an order. So I sent an email about the outlet and got an online order to qualify me for the promotion.

So: definitely worth it!

I think if I pushed it more, it would get more use. I just don't push it since I would rather have the hosts use the postcard invites rather than the e-vites.

I have gotten several orders from it and the Show I turned in on Saturday had all online orders (5 out of 7 guests) on it and that made it much easier on me as far as collecting payments was concerned!

I don't have constant traffic, but my website does pay for itself. Just be sure that you include your web address on everything. Make sure you talk it up.

I am in the boat with Becky about getting orders and sending out the monthly email about the outlet orders it seems like once they get hooked on the outlet they keep coming back month or very couple of months. I get 150 to 300 a month in orders through my website.... Keith made a good point about hostess not using the website much just till recently I have found more hostess then normal using my website and the nice thing is that you can add their guest list to your contacts. Now with the new options of email through the site is great I am not for sure if you get that option up there but if you do you will love it. Congrats on getting one !!!! Best of luck

hmmm, I qualified for a free couple of months, used them and had maybe one or two orders...I put it everywhere I could, even in the newsletter I put out monthly. I have sinced let it expire...I think I will wait for better times. good luck on your website...700.00 would rock...

I wondered if it was worth it at first. But then I had a few people place outlet orders. Then I had some hosts who prefer to do e-mail with their friends, so the website was perfect for them. (Of course, being that the e-mail things isn't a perfect way to contact people, they made sure to make phone contact as well.) But I've had several outside orders done online. I also had a few mistakes where I had the shows close date online wrong, and my hosts were wondering why people couldn't place orders online anymore. (they had extended their closing date and I forgot to change it online) So even more orders would have come in. And then there was my show that was over $1000, where about 6 or so people ordered online. It definitely came in handy and made things easier for the hosts. Especially because when people want to pay by credit card they can just go ahead and order and get it done and not have to relay all the info to the hosts. KWIM?

I've had mine consistently for a year now, before I would just do the fall and winter and let it expire. Since I've had it for a year, I have gotten over $400 in orders (small potatoes to the amount some of you get!) but I do find that my hosts like it because they can send out evites and then just tell those who want to order to go to my website and do it themselves rather than take the order, and the money, etc.

I recommend it. If it pays for itself over 6 months, what have you got to lose? Just make sure you promote it well and tell ALL your hosts about it and set them up on the site.
Good luck!

Its also good for months like last Oct. when you could only get the Pink products off the web site. Also!! Wedding registries!! My first was 700.00 & my 2nd was 1050.00 & she also had a 1000.00 wedding shower!! HTH :cool:

Mine just renewed but I thought about canceling, it was pretty much a "wash" with orders and such. Plus I am annoyed that so many evites get bounced back or in spam folders. I havent seen the payment go thru, but if it did already I missed it.

But I have thought about canceling it, for me, it doesnt really pay.

Ginger428 said:
Its also good for months like last Oct. when you could only get the Pink products off the web site. Also!! Wedding registries!! My first was 700.00 & my 2nd was 1050.00 & she also had a 1000.00 wedding shower!! HTH :cool:

FYI: You don't need a PWS to set up and have registries.

chefann said:
FYI: You don't need a PWS to set up and have registries.

Hmmmmmmmm Again, you taught me something new.......;)

We don't have PC wedding registries in Canada :(

I know. That stinks. I just wanted to clarify for anyone who thought a PWS was a requirement for a registry.

rennea said:
We don't have PC wedding registries in Canada :(

Awwwwwwwww Well that stinks!!!

The PWS is totally worth it - but you have to PROMOTE it! Put it on your labels, catalogues, Host Packages, put EVERY Show online, AND include it in your Newsletters (ex: What Is New, Outlet, etc).

I am starting to just direct customers to my Product-specific recipes (ex: Grill Basket, Large Bar Pan, DCB)

I think you made a good decision, Rennea - ESPECIALLY since you are the Queen of catty shows! ;)

Being overseas, we live by internet orders. My hosts send the link to friends/family in the states & collect orders for their shows. It's VERY much worth the cost.

Maybe you could encourage your hosts to send the link to their friends/family who don't live nearby? That could help increase sales for their shows.

It's important to note that, like the rest of my business, my Online business has built over time. Yes, I've had $700 in outlet sales in one month, but that didn't happen the week, or month after I got my website.
Perseverance is the key. I didn't start seeing lucrative activity on my website until I'd had it for 2-3 years. During that time, I continued to keep it in front of my growing customer base, and just kept plugging my website.

I change recipes and news articles frequently on my website, and ALWAYS direct people to my website for recipes at my shows.

Just yesterday, I got that wonderful "online activity" email again....and one of those orders was from someone I've never heard of, and who hasn't ordered at a show! So - I have a new contact, and a new customer!

So - when I see people say "I tried it during my free period", or "I tried it for 6 months" and then they quit their website because it didn't produce instant sales - I think that they are selling themselves short, and that extra opportunity to reach people and expand their custumer base has been lost.

It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!

I have been with PC for almost 3 years. The first year I think was not worth the money but NOW I know it is. I use it a lot and so do my hosts and I get outlet orders also. With that said...You have to promote it like everyone has said here. I actually send my host an invite addressed to Friends and Family and tell them to forward it instead of typing in the addresses. If wish they could import email addresses because I think more hosts would use this option.

I'm so excited about my website right now. Tonight I received an "online activity" e-mail, the third one in about a week. I have about $170 orders for December w/o having a show or w/o really doing anything except having a website. Tonight, I used a form e-mail from my website, too. It's the first time I've done that. How exciting for me.

An online friend in Cleveland ordered via my web site wahoo!

Its so convenient

Love, love, love my Website!!!!! I have had $4500 in sales so far this year from my Webstie (check it under your incentive tracker).

This month alone it has made the difference in my sales level, with $432 coming from online sales so far this month.

I promote it at every show, tell every guest at checkout and put info about it in all my e-mails and newsletters.

I LOVE IT!!!

I was gone for 5 days. Got back late last night. Found $135 in sales from my website this morning. :)

ChefBeckyD said:
Rennea,

OK Stupid question - how do we know when the outlet updates?

I encourage the website - it has been slow, I guess, but I am finally getting orders from it after having it for 2 months. I also put recipes and other info and update it frequently to keep people coming back to see what has changed.

SeeMe4PC said:
OK Stupid question - how do we know when the outlet updates?

I encourage the website - it has been slow, I guess, but I am finally getting orders from it after having it for 2 months. I also put recipes and other info and update it frequently to keep people coming back to see what has changed.

The Canadian outlet seems to only update maybe once a month, it's very disappointing that it doesn't update more frequently.

What is the purpose of having my own website?

The purpose of having your own website is to establish an online presence for your business. It allows you to showcase your products and services, reach a wider audience, and potentially increase sales.

Do I need any technical skills to set up my own website?

No, you do not need any technical skills to set up your own website. There are many user-friendly website building platforms available that make it easy for anyone to create a professional-looking website.

How much does it cost to have my own website?

The cost of having your own website varies depending on the platform and features you choose. Some website building platforms offer free plans, while others have monthly or yearly subscription fees. You may also need to purchase a domain name and web hosting, which can range from $10 to $50 per year.

Can I sell products on my own website?

Yes, you can sell products on your own website. Many website building platforms have e-commerce features that allow you to create an online store and manage transactions. You can also integrate payment processors like PayPal or Stripe to securely accept payments from customers.

How can I promote my website and drive traffic to it?

There are various ways to promote your website and drive traffic to it. You can utilize social media, email marketing, search engine optimization, and paid advertising to reach potential customers. It's also important to regularly update your website with fresh content and engage with your audience to keep them coming back.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sweetpea8852
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sweetpea8852
  • Roadtripray
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • byrd1956