• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hungry Girl's Complete & Utter Oatmeal Insanity!

In summary, the customer wants you to do a breakfast show and use this. She also wants to do the bacon and pancakes on the bar pan. Any other ideas?
4kids4me
I have a customer who sent me the following and asked if I'd do a breakfast show and use this. I also want to do the bacon and pancakes on the bar pan. Any other ideas??

Here's what she sent - it's from Hungry Girl (Hungry Girl)

HG's Complete & Utter Oatmeal INSANITY!

This is, HANDS DOWN, the world's CRAZIEST and most delicious bowl of guilt-free oatmeal!!!

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 179 calories, 3.5g fat, 367mg sodium, 40g carbs, 11g fiber, 3g sugars, 7g protein -- POINTS® value 3*

Ingredients:
1 packet Quaker Instant Oatmeal, Regular
1/4 cup Fiber One bran cereal (original)
1/4 cup light vanilla soymilk
2 tbsp. canned pure pumpkin
2 tbsp. Fat Free Reddi-wip
1 tbsp. sugar-free maple syrup
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
5 sprays I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spray
1 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Splenda)
dash salt

Directions:
Place all ingredients except for Reddi-wip in a microwave-safe bowl. Add 1/4 cup water and stir. Microwave for 45 seconds, stir, and then continue to cook in the microwave for 30 - 40 seconds. Once oatmeal has thickened, remove bowl from the microwave. Add the Reddi-wip, and stir well. Then enjoy the best bowl of oatmeal you've EVER tasted!

MAKES 1 SERVING

How about juice in the quick stir pitcher, or mamossas (sp?)

Fruit trifle would be good. You can show a LOT of different tools to cut up fruit, and it's healthy. I'm also a fan of the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares from the SBRC/Real Food theme. They're fantastic with salsa, which you can make with the salad choppers.

If she wants you to do a Hungry Girl recipe :)yuck: I'm sorry, reading that recipe with all of the non-food ingredients makes me queasy! ), she probably isn't going to want pancakes & bacon - unless you can make them fat free! (double:yuck: :yuck: )How about a Yogurt Trifle? FF Vanilla Yogurt, layered with fresh fruit, and a low fat granola? I've done this several times for brunch shows, and people love it!And it's Mimosas! :)

I can't see doing the oatmeal for a show, anyway, because it sure wouldn't show a lot of tools. Just a micro cooker (or SA bowl) and a couple of measuring tools. And you'd have to multiply it to have enough for samples, since it's a single-serving recipe.You could make real oatmeal on the stovetop in cookware, and add some pumpkin to it. It would at least show how easy clean-up is in the Exec. cookware. :) (I have to laugh at the instant oatmeal crowd, because "real" oatmeal only takes about 7 minutes on the stovetop, and it's so much less expensive! If you want the flavors, you can always add your own raisins, chopped apples, maple syrup, etc. after it's cooked.)

chefann said:
I can't see doing the oatmeal for a show, anyway, because it sure wouldn't show a lot of tools. Just a micro cooker (or SA bowl) and a couple of measuring tools. And you'd have to multiply it to have enough for samples, since it's a single-serving recipe.

You could make real oatmeal on the stovetop in cookware, and add some pumpkin to it. It would at least show how easy clean-up is in the Exec. cookware. :) (I have to laugh at the instant oatmeal crowd, because "real" oatmeal only takes about 7 minutes on the stovetop, and it's so much less expensive! If you want the flavors, you can always add your own raisins, chopped apples, maple syrup, etc. after it's cooked.)

Totally agree with your whole post, Ann!

I actually have a great recipe for a Baked Oatmeal - that uses apples and nuts, and lots of good stuff in it, and uses lots of tools, and stoneware too!.....but I KNOW it would be way more than 3 points.....

I'm not a big oatmeal fan myself because it was all I ate through most of my pregnancies - that was 3 in 4 years, lol!!! Ya, the instant stuff is nasty IMO, and the recipe from Hungry Girl doesn't do much for me either. LOVE the idea of the yogurt and fruit trifle! YUM! That would show wayyy more tools. I'll see if I can steer her away from the oatmeal. :) Thanks for the great ideas!!

4kids4me said:
I'm not a big oatmeal fan myself because it was all I ate through most of my pregnancies - that was 3 in 4 years, lol!!! Ya, the instant stuff is nasty IMO, and the recipe from Hungry Girl doesn't do much for me either. LOVE the idea of the yogurt and fruit trifle! YUM! That would show wayyy more tools. I'll see if I can steer her away from the oatmeal. :) Thanks for the great ideas!!

you could explain to her that the instant oatmeal recipe doesn't show any tools.....

Another great recipe, and you could use more egg-whites than yolks to lower the points, is the Spicy Broccoli Frittata from the 29 Minutes Cookbook...oh, and the Breakfast Tacos are really good too, and you could make salsa!

After I posted, I had that same thought (egg whites or Egg Beaters) for the brunch squares, Becky. :) And made with more veggies, it wouldn't be too unhealthy. Hmm... mushrooms and asparagus, with just a little bit of ham, EggBeaters and skip the cheese. That wouldn't be too horrifically unhealthy.

I really love the Brunch Squares...A girlfriend of mine is Vegetarian and on WW (although she did splurge that day lol) and I made these for a brunch a group of us had (big hit by the way) I used egg beaters and instead of ham I added carrots, squash, green peppers, red peppers, mushrooms & onions....it was actually pretty good.....and if you use all the veggies you could demo the different blades for the mandoline, the knifes and chopper for the onion and peppers, the egg slicer for the mushrooms and the juliann (sp?) tool for the carrots. I also server fruit cups using wanton wrappers, cin.&sugar, yogurt and fresh fruit and topped with toasted slivered almonds YUM-O ( I was watching a PC dvd the other day and they demoed a recipe almost like the way I made mine...if that helps)

Just a few idea's hope they help!

Oatmeal belly up to the bar...I am a vegetarian... lol and I love this idea with the veggies for the brunch squares! They are so yummy anyway. Why not make them heart friendly! You go girl! As a former banquet chef I have a little to say On the subject of Oatmeal... Steel cut oats are so crazy delicious with great texture and hold much better/less glue like than quick oats. If you use regular rolled oats, boil the water first this will give them a much better texture. It would be great for a show if you did it as a "build your own" buffet. Provide the oatmeal (cooked in the Exec. cassarole on the stove pre-show prep) then have guest cut up berries, chop nuts, whip cream, and so forth... put the additions in the simple additions. don't forget the carmel and cinnamon sprinkles and the cinnamon plus! Honey, butter, seedless jam in a squeeze decorator.... you know what people would put on oatmeal. Why not let the guests build their own perfect oatmeal... since everyone has a different idea of what that means-- just look at the responses on the idea of oatmeal and talk to Quaker... they have built an empire on different oats... Hope that helps.

Related to Hungry Girl's Complete & Utter Oatmeal Insanity!

1. What is "Hungry Girl's Complete & Utter Oatmeal Insanity!"?

"Hungry Girl's Complete & Utter Oatmeal Insanity!" is a recipe collection created by Hungry Girl, a popular food and lifestyle brand, in collaboration with Pampered Chef. It features delicious and easy oatmeal-based recipes for breakfast, snacks, and even desserts.

2. Are the recipes in "Hungry Girl's Complete & Utter Oatmeal Insanity!" healthy?

Yes, the majority of the recipes in "Hungry Girl's Complete & Utter Oatmeal Insanity!" are made with wholesome ingredients and are designed to be lower in calories and sugar than traditional oatmeal recipes. However, it's always important to consider your own dietary needs and preferences when choosing recipes.

3. Do I need any special equipment to make the recipes in "Hungry Girl's Complete & Utter Oatmeal Insanity!"?

No, the recipes in this collection can be made with basic kitchen equipment. However, some recipes may call for specific tools, such as a blender or food processor, which can make preparation easier and more efficient.

4. Can I use any type of oatmeal for these recipes?

Yes, most of the recipes in "Hungry Girl's Complete & Utter Oatmeal Insanity!" can be made with any type of oatmeal, including rolled oats, quick oats, or steel-cut oats. However, the cooking time and texture may vary slightly depending on the type of oatmeal used.

5. Are there any gluten-free options in "Hungry Girl's Complete & Utter Oatmeal Insanity!"?

Yes, there are several gluten-free recipes in this collection, including options for gluten-free oats and alternative flours. However, it's always important to carefully read and follow the recipe ingredients and instructions to ensure that the final dish is gluten-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• erinb
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kitchen Diva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • DebPC