• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Maximizing Team Success: Director Structure and Recognition Explained

In summary, the team made it to Director level and Terry Flores who had signed on Sept 23 has qualified.
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
I know that we've talked about this a bit lately, but I want to ask again. I posted this on my FB Team Group page...Team...WE MADE IT!!! You guys are awesome! We hit our sales by $73!! (that's a little too close for comfort, but we'll work on it) AND, Terry Flores who signed on Sept 23 has QUALIFIED!!! Email her to congratuate her personally at: tflores108@One of my team members wrote back and said, "So do we get a bonus?"Here's my response: Yes, I'll be able to give you guys recognition at our meetings!! It's time for our second Consistency Award. Terry also qualified for her FREE stamp, business cards and name tag!! Whoop!! So, reaching our Directorship status makes that possible. Way to go TEAM!!I choosing to read her question as innocent curiosity versus a sense of entitlement. She's kinda dry and has that type of humor. How would you have responded. Her question is part of the reason I had never really stressed to my team what Director structure needed to be. I didn't want them thinking all they were to me was a bonus. Almost all (shoot, most most months) goes right back to them in the form of incentives, time spent training, and other various recognition. I can remember feeling jaded though when I started and spent 3 years (happily) at the Consultant or Future Director level. So, how to I encourage them to meet the Director structure but not feel used?

Show them how much more they can make by doing the same # of shows and having a team. That seems to be a HUGE motivator for my team! I actually broke it down & showed them the last 6 months of what I sold, what I would have made as a SC, a SC w/ $15,000 in Career Sales & what I did make as a TL ... then showed them what I could make as a Director. 5 months later our team made Director. 8 months later we hit AD. I've slacked up the last 6 months with the evac from Tokyo, but I just posted a breakdown for Sept on our private FB group today to see what kind of response I get on the various levels for that one month. We have a lot of new blood on the team that we didn't have when I did it last, so I'm hoping to motivate a few into wanting to recruit. Karen's the D under me & she's lighting fires right & left with team members who are ready to do the Step Up Your Business course. Hoping to see her hit AD soon! :D

And congrats on making your goal! :D

I make it all about them. What they can get of they do two shows. What they can get if they sell this much. How their business can grow if they just do shows consistently and how much less a struggle it is then. When they get what they're after it adds up to make the team meet it's goal too.

I have gone over the director benefits but usually when someone has recruited. "you've started on the leadership path. Here's what you get now that you have a team member. Here's what you earn when you become team leader. Here's what happens when you become a director." it seems when I talk about me they shut down or they do like your team and want to know what they will get - well some on my team do that anyway.

If I don't know the team will make in a particular month I will either offer something to everyone who sends me their sales that will go in that month (small, like stickers) or I'll say "looks like we're really close to being a director team this time. Please send me a note when you submit your shows so that I know where we are. I would hate to miss by just a couple dollars and if I know I can put something in." every time I send that there is at least one who submits and doesn't tell me so it doesn't always do what I want it to and we've never missed it by just a little (knock on wood).

Congrats on making d stats. Id simply say that I was so happy that my time, individual training with teammates and support as a leader paid off by seeing everyone's biz grow. That the companys totes and recruiting bonuses were such sweet bonuses to our paycheck, just for working our biz. I'D finish by saying that I'd love to help anyone who wants to also reap leadership perks. Post that you want to keep the momentum going and that you are here for anyone who wants to grow or maintain theIr biz.

Call me old fashioned, but this is why I like e-mail better. Here you were patting them on the back and a comment like you got back will be interpted all kinds of ways whether it was meant to be said with humor or not.

Recently, one of the new consultants in my 1st generation posted on FB how she did a good show but was complaining that she had to haul half a kitchen around. Her Director posted a cheerful note on how she can show her how to have that same great show without bringing so much to a party. A guest posted that she loves to see everything or she will not purchase anything. So I am sure that this new consultant will follow this one guest's post and it makes her director look sort of uninformed.

I suggested to the director that in the future either a phone call or a private message would be more effective. Plus posting something like that makes it look as if her job is hard to do.

What is "How Would You Respond?"

"How Would You Respond?" is a phrase that is commonly used in conversations or interviews to ask someone how they would react or handle a certain situation.

Why is "How Would You Respond?" important?

Asking someone how they would respond in a given situation can provide insight into their problem-solving skills, thought processes, and decision-making abilities. It can also help gauge their level of preparedness and adaptability.

How can I improve my response to "How Would You Respond?" questions?

One way to improve your response is to practice critical thinking and problem-solving skills. You can also prepare by researching common interview questions and practicing your responses in advance.

Can "How Would You Respond?" questions be used in everyday conversations?

Yes, "How Would You Respond?" questions can be used in everyday conversations to prompt someone to think about a hypothetical situation and share their thoughts or opinions on it.

Is there a right or wrong answer to "How Would You Respond?" questions?

There is no one "correct" answer to "How Would You Respond?" questions. These types of questions are designed to assess an individual's thought process and problem-solving abilities, so it is more important to provide a well-thought-out and logical response rather than a "right" answer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • OhmyDLM