• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Make Your Bridal Shower Interactive While Boosting Sales?

In summary, a PC Bridal Shower does not require a demo, but can generate a lot of commissionable sales.
chefcaroline
Gold Member
Done a shower without doing a demo?

I'm thinking about it for a shower that I am doing in March because I know that they will have lots of other food and the sister of the bride (my contact) told me that she has been looking into games to do.

I will be getting the bride's wishlist and typing up notecards for the products that she wants. I put these notecards on a rings and pass them around for people to pick what they want to buy for the bride.

I need ideas that will help generate sales from the guests besides what they get for the bride.

Caroline

I usually only do garnish type demo to finish up a recipe that I describe to the guests.

When I explain how the PC shower works I stress that they should consider getting things for themselves and even other gifts in addition to the gift for the bride, pointing out that the bride gets free products depending on the total purchased at the party so the more they get the higher the value their gift has.

bumping.....

I am looking for ideas of things to do other than a full demo at a wedding shower.

Caroline

I never demo during my shows, I just premake the recipe and talk about the products. If you are concerned about making it too much a PC show, talk about the products the bride has picked out. Mention great tips to use it and ask the other guests if they have it too.

I did one and didn't do a demo. I wasn't "allowed" to bring any food or anything. The show ended up being $600 in commissionable sales and the bride & groom got everything from their wishlist. I think the only order I got for a guest was a batter bowl. Other than that, every order was for the couple.

If you're allowed to hand out catalogs and such, that may be all you need - I wasn't allowed to do that either. The guests came up to my display and looked at the wishlist and chose from that.

wedding showerI am doing a wedding shower for my brother and his fiance with no demo. Bringing some PC food but host is having other food for guests; come and go. We are going to have a "tree" like sometimes you will see at Hobby Lobby around Easter time that people purchase to put Easter ornaments on, and on this tree I am going to have cards hanging from ribbons with the name of the products w/product number and cost, that the couple have asked for. Will have a table set up with order forms and catalogs and just let the guests know that they can order gifts for the couple as well as themselves on the same order form; marking a B next to the gift for the couple so that when the products arrive I can separate those out. This will be my first wedding shower.

I prepped the Grapefruit Avocado ckn salad and had the bride do the finishing touches. She got to handle a lot of the products, and wore her white apron. It was a hit! over $800 Commissionable sales.

recipe suggestionsWhat are some good recipes to do at a PB Show?

Before I became a PC consultant, my MIL hosted a PC Bridal Shower for me and let me tell you- it didn't really make me want a whole lot. She didn't do a food demo, just talked about a couple of pieces and passed them around. You would think she would have went over the stoneware pieces and cookware- but she didn't. I got a round stone for the shower and never used it because I didn't know anything about it. Not sure how the party made out, but its definately made me think about how I'd do one. I would recommend maybe even bringing a potato or something and showing how some of the products work... or letting people try it out themselves. I think people really enjoy seeing how things work. Thats just my opinion......

I have a PB Shower in a few months and I've been trying to think of what I'm going to do. I LOVE the new interactive shows so I want to do that for the shower as well.
In the past I've had the bride do up the recipe while I talk about the products. If I do it this way, I'll make sure to have the guests tell the bride why they LOVE the product and any tips they might have for it.
I might have the bride do an easy dessert recipe and have the guests help out on the other. I take my aprons so the guests won't ruin their clothes!;)
I like to do the Tex-Mex Chicken Melts, the Cordon Bleu Melts, or anythings that serves at least 24. Same with desserts.

The one I did. I gave the host PC recipes to serve and did the Lime & Cucumber Demo. It went great and the bride got lots of stuff. I made it ALL about her. Played one cute game.

I've thought about not doing a recipe at the show...but then I get that nagging anxiousness about having everyone stare at me while I'm just talking. ::blushing:

I think I'm going to do my next Shower as a "no-demo" show. The bride is a friend of mine and if I wasn't the consultant at this shower, it would be one I would have been invited to anyway, so I want to be able to enjoy myself as a guest as well.

Kristi - if you are worried about them just staring at you, maybe tweek the "hands on" interactive show (can't remember who did this one... it was the 2nd one on the DVD) and instead of having them make a recipe, just have things for them to play with - potato for the UM, nuts for the chopper and micro. grater, tomatos to slice with the cutlery, etc. Try to pick some of the high $$ items from the bride's registry to have as the "try me" tools.

katie0128 said:
I think I'm going to do my next Shower as a "no-demo" show. The bride is a friend of mine and if I wasn't the consultant at this shower, it would be one I would have been invited to anyway, so I want to be able to enjoy myself as a guest as well.

Kristi - if you are worried about them just staring at you, maybe tweek the "hands on" interactive show (can't remember who did this one... it was the 2nd one on the DVD) and instead of having them make a recipe, just have things for them to play with - potato for the UM, nuts for the chopper and micro. grater, tomatos to slice with the cutlery, etc. Try to pick some of the high $$ items from the bride's registry to have as the "try me" tools.

Actually, when I watched that part of the DVD I knew I had to try it. It's wierd, I work in place where people are watching me work ALL day long, but yet when I do a show I'm very self conscience about what I'm saying and how I look while I'm talking. Maybe I'm just full of myself! LOL. I am going to try the "everyone plays" approach. Thank you!

Hmm - I don't know if I'd agree to a no food demo. Food is what sets us apart, and to not be able to zest an orange, press a clove of garlic, slice a tomato or chop an onion would make it like the kitchen department of Crate & Barrel comes to your house.

With food, I'd do the savory biscuit pull-aparts and have the couple or the bride demo the tools after a quick showing them how. The two bridal showers I've done, the crowd loved seeing the bride cook.

There is a fun "1950's bridal game" you can find on here - which compares how a 1950's 'modern woman' would prepare/respond then how today's woman would prepare/respond. If you don't find it, PM me and I'll get it to you. The only bad part is it bashes the groom a lot.

I own a lot of SA so did a "Wedding cake" of upside-down white SA pieces with ribbons, sprinkled confetti hearts, then the MIL loaned me her wedding cake topper from HER china closet... was pretty cool.

Over 800 in sales at one, 300 at the other [--very very weird, with 3 guests plus couple and host and Neither Mother was present??!! (one family was not excited about the wedding)] but good times.

The bridal shows I'e done, I have NOT done a food demo. I have the food already done and its usually just finger foods. Then I have a sack or two of potatoes and different products set up at tables for stations. Then after the guests are familiar with the products, we do a relay race and one team gets a prize. I also do the apron for the bride and the season's best for all the guests to sign. I hang the cut out products's pictures up on a clothesline and the guests choose which product they want to buy for the couple, they pull it down and there are no repeats. I have a ton of fun at my bridal shows and have not had one under $800 yet. (knock on wood -- I have one coming up in May) My bride's seem to like it too.

Best of luck!! :)

Related to How to Make Your Bridal Shower Interactive While Boosting Sales?

1. Has anyone ever used Pampered Chef products for meal prep?

Yes, many customers have used Pampered Chef products for meal prep. Our products are specifically designed to make meal prep easier and more efficient. From cutting and chopping to baking and cooking, our products are versatile and high-quality.

2. Has anyone ever hosted a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, thousands of people have hosted Pampered Chef parties. It's a fun and easy way to gather with friends and family, learn about our products, and try out recipes. Plus, as a host, you can earn free and discounted products.

3. Has anyone ever used Pampered Chef products for baking?

Absolutely! Our products are perfect for baking, from our stoneware to our baking tools and accessories. We have everything you need to create delicious and beautiful baked goods.

4. Has anyone ever attended a Pampered Chef cooking class?

Yes, many people have attended Pampered Chef cooking classes. Our cooking classes are a great way to learn new recipes, cooking techniques, and how to use our products. Plus, you get to try the food!

5. Has anyone ever had a negative experience with Pampered Chef products?

While we strive for 100% customer satisfaction, occasionally there may be a negative experience with our products. However, our customer service team is always available to help resolve any issues and we stand behind our products with a satisfaction guarantee. We also welcome any feedback and continuously work to improve our products and services.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • JaimeAnnR