• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Bring up Pampered Chef and Get Bookings From Random Strangers?

C
chelynn
So we were at the park yesterday, and there were a couple other moms there that I had never met before. Of course being a newbie I didn't have catalogs, host packets, NADA except my planner. I was just *dying* to say something to them, but had no idea how to do it.

What do you say? How do you bring it up? Give me some tips! :)

Get a PC bag and people will chase you down! Make sure you have your 30 second commercial ready and ask they what they do. Usually, they will tell you and then ask what you do.

So that you're prepared when they do ask, get some sort of container (a portable file box works well. Make sure to stock it with a host kit or two, some catalogs, order forms, specials fliers, and some recruiting material. This will be your office in a box. It can live in your vehicle and go with you everywhere.

A PC bag? I saw two on the Merrill website, but I was at my first meeting a few weeks ago and a couple of the ladies had a black bag with a pink Pampered Chef Logo ribbon around the top edge. They mentioned a website but being so new I did not have a clue of who they said. Does anyone know the bag I am talking about? Can you tell me where to get it?

I don't know what bag your talking, but I have been looking for the one that you put a catalog in the front. Does Merrill sell that or VIP??

Nevermind the one I want is from PC.

The bags you may be thinking of, may have been special HWC bags from VIP. Not sure though. I know they did have a bunch of different stuff on there website for HWC.

Last edited:
I got my catalog bag from PC on my supply order form. It is $15 and worth it. It doubles as a diaper bag, so I always have it with me.

The only thing I have found with the catalog pocket is on the PC Supply order form. #9612 - Catalog shoulder tote bag (Black micro-fiber tote bag with clear pocket front for catalog). Do not have a clue what it looks like.

It's cute! I have been putting off getting, but I think on my next order I will get it. It is just a plain black bag, but has a "window" on one side for you to put your current catalog. So you will be like a walk billboard!

DoxieMom said:
A PC bag? I saw two on the Merrill website, but I was at my first meeting a few weeks ago and a couple of the ladies had a black bag with a pink Pampered Chef Logo ribbon around the top edge. They mentioned a website but being so new I did not have a clue of who they said. Does anyone know the bag I am talking about? Can you tell me where to get it?
It was from VIP and they are sold out as far as I know. I was lucky enough to get 1 before being D/C'd.

chelynn said:
So we were at the park yesterday, and there were a couple other moms there that I had never met before. Of course being a newbie I didn't have catalogs, host packets, NADA except my planner. I was just *dying* to say something to them, but had no idea how to do it.

What do you say? How do you bring it up? Give me some tips! :)
Belinda Ellsworth talks about striking up conversation with strangers by first introducing yourself, asking about them, their interests, what they do, are they SAHM etc. then once you have their attention or build rapport, mention what you do. And hopefully that leads to orders, bookings, recruit leads etc.;)

She also mentioned in her presentation at Conference last year that the number one thing that people talk to strangers about is their jewelry. So you should either compliment people on theirs to start the conversation, or wear a unique piece of your own so they mention it to you.

I have the tote from Merrill, the canvas and black one............It's kinda big, but i use it everywhere I go and I put some catalogs in the front pocket.........

It has a huge Pampered Chef logo on the front................I have been asked for several catalogs......................

but I wonder if they have smaller ones, or they should make back packs

My own Belinda story.... I was at the park and just happened to notice a mom with her child so I got nearer to her and just said Hello to her, we starting talking about our kids.. I asked and she said she was a SAHM and she mentioned selling stuff on ebay for extra $$$$ then we got into a long discussion of how she does this, then I finally brought up TPC .... yada, yada yada but then all of a sudden her kid got hurt and she took off, so I didn't have the chance to run to my car and give her any info :(.

Moral is- be prepared anywhere you go and just be freindly and that can lead to endless possibilities! Good luck!

Wear PC shirts everywhere
The tote was the ribbon tote it has a red, a white and a pink grosgrain ribbon with PC printed in black. It has been sold out since Feb.

Hubby and I actually bought a car this week and on the credit ap I listed PC as part of my income. The finance girl took one of my cards and is going to call for a show! You never know !!!!

Tara - when someone says they are going to call me I still ask for their information. I let them know that we all get busy and it is my job to help them. I ask if I can call them in 1-2 weeks if I haven't heard from them. That way it isn't pushy, if they do call me I try to recruit them, and I still have some control over my business.

I actually have her info....I'm gonna give her a call next week to follow up. We'll see! :0)

This has happen to me on a number of occusaions, I wear PC Logo stuff ALL of the time expect on Sundays, and it never fails ... the first thing out of their mouth is ... "do you sell Pampered Chef" with a smile I answer yes I do, and that is normaly where the conversation gets going from their!!! But I have been caught without stuff with me... NEVER Again I am a travling sales men as my DH refers to me quite offten, I have a little bag that says PC on it.... that I have catalogs with me and order forms, along with DPDS, and business cards and my stamp!! I need to get hostess packets put together and have a few of those with me!!

Last edited:
I guess I've just been unlucky when wearing/carrying PC logo. I've NEVER had anyone come up to me asking me if I sell it. Plus it seems like people at the park try to avoid starting a conversation with me if I have logowear on/with me. Hmmm...... So lately I've been carrying stuff with me in a normal purse, thinking that if I can strike up a conversation that I'll still have stuff with me.

I bought a tote bag from Merrill for like $8 and use it as a purse/diaper bag with catalogs and complete startershow kits. I always have it and it has turned out to be a great conversation starter and an even better order getter!! It has totally paid for itself already!

pamperedgirl3-I have the same problem when I wear my logo shirt or carry the catty bag. People seem to avoid me. I have a huge problem with bringing it up to people and really hope someone will just see my shirt and say---ohhhh! You sell Pampered Chef--Can I please book a show with you? I can dream, right?

sillylittlechef said:
pamperedgirl3-I have the same problem when I wear my logo shirt or carry the catty bag. People seem to avoid me. I have a huge problem with bringing it up to people and really hope someone will just see my shirt and say---ohhhh! You sell Pampered Chef--Can I please book a show with you? I can dream, right?

Oh yeah...I can relate to that! I have a multitude of shirts, sweatshirts, ALWAYS carry my catalog bag (loaded with catty's, oofs, host packets, etc), and nothing. I swear that I can see people walking the other way when they see me coming. I don't ever give up wearing my PC stuff though. I like it too much!

It'll happen sometime...don't know when, but I'm being positive! :)

I have gotten shows and customers all over the place from wearing my PC shirts and carrying my back. Or better yet, form having my DH wear a Tshirt to Lowes.

Related to How to Bring up Pampered Chef and Get Bookings From Random Strangers?

1. What do you say to strangers to bring up Pampered Chef?

When approaching strangers, it's important to be friendly and genuine. Introduce yourself and make small talk first before mentioning Pampered Chef. You could say something like, "Hi, I'm [name]. I noticed you were making a delicious-looking meal at the park. Have you ever tried Pampered Chef products?" This opens up the conversation and allows you to segue into talking about Pampered Chef.

2. How do you bring up Pampered Chef without being pushy?

The key is to be natural and not come off as too salesy or pushy. Instead of immediately trying to sell products, focus on building a relationship with the person first. Ask them about their interests and share a bit about yourself before mentioning Pampered Chef. This will make the conversation feel more authentic and less forced.

3. What are some tips for bringing up Pampered Chef in a casual conversation?

One tip is to find a natural connection between the conversation and Pampered Chef. For example, if the other person mentions they love cooking, you could say something like, "That's great! I actually work with Pampered Chef, have you heard of it?" Another tip is to offer a sample or demonstration of a product you think they might be interested in. This can pique their interest and lead to a further conversation about Pampered Chef.

4. How do you handle rejection when bringing up Pampered Chef to strangers?

Rejection is a normal part of any sales job, so don't take it personally. If someone is not interested, simply thank them for their time and move on to the next person. It's important to not be pushy or force the conversation if the other person is not interested. Remember to stay positive and focus on the people who are interested in learning more about Pampered Chef.

5. Can you give an example of how to naturally bring up Pampered Chef in a conversation with strangers?

Sure, let's say you're at a park and you see someone using a grilling tool to cook their food. You could approach them and say, "That's a great grilling tool you have there! Have you ever tried any Pampered Chef products for grilling? I highly recommend their BBQ tools, they make grilling so much easier." This way, you are complimenting the person's cooking skills and offering a helpful suggestion, rather than just trying to sell them something.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristine2011
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Barry Carlton
  • alabama pc cons.
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
DeannaK1022
  • marystell1