• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director How Many Products Are Too Much?

A lot has changed since then! We are now at home, and I can finally start selling my things. I've been slowly liquidating my possessions for the past month or so, and I've finally reached the point where I can start selling my current PC products. I'm going to have a few items for sale at my Host Appreciation Party this month, but I'm also going to be selling NIB & Gently Used PC products for 40-70% off. I've been slowly liquidating my possessions for the past month or so, and I've finally reached the point where I can start selling my current PC products. So if you're interested in purchasing any of my PC products, now
PamperedChefDebi
Silver Member
How do you all determine what you actually keep? I have EVERY SA piece I've ever gotten but now I'm realizing how rarely I use some of them. So what do you all do? Do you only keep what you need for personal use? How do you pass on the pieces you have actually used if/when you decide you no longer need them?

Thanks everyone!

I'm dealing with that issue right now! I have such a hard time letting go. I want to do a fall kick off show, but my living room is still set-up from my spring kick-off!! I got doubles of everything! Now, the fall stuff is coming in and now what?! Not to mention all of the other seasons of stuff in my cabinets. LOL!! A happy problem to have.

Scene... room filled with PC consultants.
Time... four years ago.
One Consultant stands and says, "Hello. My name is Colleen and I'm a PC junkie."

That used to be me. With 12 easy steps I overcame my compulsive need to own/keep/hoard everything PC came out with in the last 14 years. Whatever it was, I HAD to have it. I NEEDED it!

Then one day, it was enough. That's how my host appreciation event was born! The old used/discontinued stuff went into a garage sale.

I've pared down so much it's scary!!! And I'm actually ready to get rid of some more (anyone need a gently used Stoneware Lid/Bowl?) Most of it I kept for sentimental reasons. Then I went through this decluttering phase and got rid of a TON of stuff. I'm ready for another go around soon and will be passing on some more! In 650 sq ft (size of my apartment), space is limited at best and there is only so much room for PC stuff!

Now I only keep what I personally use and things I want to show that are current for the season (not everything). I do keep all the HWC items as those hold a special place in my heart but might be sending some of them along to other homes soon. But with my limited space, keeping what I'm going to use is really all I can do. Some items are easier to part with than others (mini stoneware loaf pan and the other one that makes the little bundt cakes... I'm keeping ones that are unique). Do I really need 3 stoneware loaf pans especially now that I can't eat gluten? Guess some of them will be going to other homes as well!

Not sure if I should do a special drawing at my Host Appreciation later this month for some of the items to pass them along or not? (Thoughts on that would be appreciated).

I sit here looking at how much I have that I don't use and now am wondering the same thing Debi... :)

I was wondering the same as I looked at my bread tubes, still in their boxes, last week. LOL!

finley1991 said:
In 650 sq ft (size of my apartment), space is limited at best and there is only so much room for PC stuff!

WOW! Now I have quite a bit more space than that, but little storage. I can't even fathom how you store things.

Can I LEGALLY sell the items that are in the current catalog below the price in the catalog?

This is exactly what I am dealing with right now too!

And like Colleen, I am going to be selling a ton of it this month at my Host Appreciation Party. I've always done one, but for the first time, I am going to be selling NIB & Gently Used PC products for 40-70% off. I have more SA than I could ever possibly use, and all kinds of discontinued stoneware still in boxes, my Professional Cookware that is just in cupboards in the basement, old woven pieces that I never use, a TON of old style tools, etc...and I AM SIMPLIFYING!

The military just moved us & we were over our weight allowance. So I'm going to have to start liquidating. But I think I'll start with other stuff! LOL I'm not quite ready to give up my PC addiction. ;)The military doesn't allow us to do "cash & carry" because it violates the rules & regulations stating that we are not allowed to accept mail for others. I've only sold one thing, and it was to a close friend who hosted & really wanted the HWC Dots Martini glasses. So I sold her the ones I had used at booths only for 1/2 price in June. She was SUPER happy! LOL

Sheila said:
The military just moved us & we were over our weight allowance. So I'm going to have to start liquidating. But I think I'll start with other stuff! LOL I'm not quite ready to give up my PC addiction. ;)

The military doesn't allow us to do "cash & carry" because it violates the rules & regulations stating that we are not allowed to accept mail for others. I've only sold one thing, and it was to a close friend who hosted & really wanted the HWC Dots Martini glasses. So I sold her the ones I had used at booths only for 1/2 price in June. She was SUPER happy! LOL

There ARE ways around that rule, ya know. Just sayin.....

When I do a booth I have a "Duck Pond" game. I float 12 rubber ducks in the 12" Stainless skillet with numbers on them. 9-#1's, 2-#2's, and1-#3. Pay a Buck, Pick a Duck, Win a Prize. For kids I have school supplies set up in the Collapseable bowls or Stainless Bowls, and for adults I have PC stuff. The #3 is usually fairly large (Micro fiber towels, retired trivets, the stoneware crocks you could'd give away, etc.:) Anyway, people will play several times to win the big prize, and by the end of the booth I've made enough to cover the booth fee and the suprise boxes too (that we used to get at NC. I was a surprise box junkie:bugeye:). When I need to purge the PC room, I have new prizes. That's what I do to keep from being overloaded with products. But I have to admit, I probably don't cull as close as my husband would like since we share an office and he can't walk through it due to PC stuff:yuck:!

Sheila in Kansas

Cute idea about the ducks! Thanks for sharing!

I just spent my weekend (thanks to so many cancellations) cleanign out every nook, cranny and closet in my house. After 2 HUGE Salvation Army haul aways. I kept my duplication used PC stuff. I sell it to my team for $5 or less. I had 3 garlic presses??? Not sure how, but kept 2, 1 for my kit, 1 for my kitchen and am selling the extra for $2. My team loves when I do this and I always sell everything.

Chef Sheila that's a great idea! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to use this idea next month at the Home & Garden show. I'm nervous about it because it is so expensive and crowded. I only have a third of the team I had when I signed up for it. I hope I find some help (I would prefer it to stay in my line, but I doubt it will).

Debi said:
There ARE ways around that rule, ya know. Just sayin.....

Which rule? The weight allowance or the accepting mail for others rule? Not sure I'm willing to take on the military & Japanese Customs on the latter one ... ;)

I have a rummage almost every year in spring (personal and pc). I promote it heavily to all my customers. I have a gently used and discontinued- plus brand new and current sections. I also do a cust appreciation mystery host in fall and have drawings. I also just did an online rummage sale where I listed 20 items greatly reduced. I'm a move it in- move it out person. But it still piles up.

Sheila said:
Which rule? The weight allowance or the accepting mail for others rule? Not sure I'm willing to take on the military & Japanese Customs on the latter one ... ;)

If you're selling your own products, you haven't violated anything. Even if it's from your Director's Pack. It's the same as selling anything else in your home, DVDs, kids clothing, anything. As long as you aren't ordering it with that intent.

Related to How Many Products Are Too Much?

1. How many products should I own as a Pampered Chef consultant?

There is no set number of products that every consultant should own. It ultimately depends on your personal business goals, as well as your customer's needs and preferences. Some consultants may have a smaller collection of products that they specialize in, while others may have a larger variety to cater to a wider range of customers.

2. Can having too many products affect my sales?

Having too many products can potentially affect your sales if you are not able to effectively manage and promote each product. It's important to focus on a smaller selection of products and promote them well, rather than having a large inventory that you are unable to effectively market.

3. What factors should I consider when determining how many products to have?

Some factors to consider include your target market, the products that are most popular in your area, and your personal strengths and interests. You should also consider your budget and storage space for the products.

4. How can I determine if I have too many products?

One way to determine if you have too many products is to track your sales and see which products are selling well and which ones are not. If you have a large number of products that are not generating much interest, it may be time to reevaluate your inventory.

5. Is it better to have a smaller or larger selection of products as a consultant?

There is no right or wrong answer to this question. It ultimately depends on your personal business goals and what works best for you. Some consultants may find success with a smaller, more focused selection of products, while others may thrive with a larger variety. It's important to find a balance that works for you and your customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Kelly8
  • PampMomof3
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedlinda