• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Long Is Too Long to Hold a Show Open?

In summary, the host is trying to get last minute orders for a show, but her mom is already asking about her items. The host recommends submitting the orders as a show, but with the Host's benefits only if it reaches $150.
Summer0919
I've been delaying sending in some orders because I did a show last weekend and it was a big flop since I only had $65 in orders. I've been trying to get the host (who is a close friend) to get some last minute orders, but her mom is already asking about her items. Should I just submit these orders with another show I did the day before this one? I really hate to lose this as a show because I'm trying really hard to get my first 4 shows in before my 30 days are up. I traveled over 3 hrs one way to do this show because I was told there would be tons of people there. Anyhow, I would really appreciate some advice. :confused:

I would suggest you go ahead and call the Host one more time and let her know that unless it reaches $150, you can't submit it as a Show and will have to combine with someone else and she will lose any Host benefits. Maybe that will spur her to action. Tell her you MUST submit it no later than July 7 (to give her time to get orders from people she may see over the holiday weekend.

Once I had a show open for a year! I met the lady @ our state fair and she lived 3 hrs. away so was doing a catalog show. I kept calling and leaving messages and sending e-mails. I made sure to tell her if anyone wanted the guest special it would be the special for when ever she closed the show. It ended up being around a $300 show and when she closed she said she'd never do it again because it was such a hassel to do it as a show. Everynow and then she places an order at my website. She is a professional woman and I kept thinking 'how the heck does she do her business'.....

Thank you for the advice. I've been stressing over this since her mom is asking about her items. I told my friend about losing the host benefits if she doesn't get some more orders. Unfortunately, I thinks she's not asking anyone because she's assuming they won't be interested. I did encourage her to ask anyway since we never know.

I try to close things out within a week of the show, for exactly that reason (guests asking where their stuff is). Any additional orders the host collects after it's submitted can go in as a catalog show.

I'd tell the mom to check with her daughter so the pressure is off you.

I'm kind of bummed because I ended up having to submit the orders without having enough to qualify as a show. I guess that's how it goes sometimes. I'm new at this so I'm trying not to get discouraged. I just wish she would have made an attempt to ask a few more people but she wouldn't. My director said sometimes it's difficult host coaching friends.

1. How long is too long to hold a show open?

The recommended time frame to hold a show open is 2 weeks. This gives enough time for guests to RSVP and make arrangements to attend the show.

2. Can I extend the show open period?

Yes, you can extend the show open period if needed. However, we recommend not extending it for more than 2 extra weeks to avoid losing the excitement and momentum for the show.

3. What if I don't get enough RSVPs during the show open period?

If you do not get enough RSVPs during the show open period, you can reach out to potential guests personally and encourage them to attend. You can also offer incentives for guests who bring a friend.

4. Can I still hold a show if I don't meet the minimum sales requirement during the show open?

Yes, you can still hold a show even if you do not meet the minimum sales requirement during the show open. However, it is important to continue promoting and reaching out to potential guests to ensure a successful show.

5. What happens if I need to cancel or reschedule a show during the open period?

If you need to cancel or reschedule a show during the open period, it is important to notify your host and guests as soon as possible. You can also offer to reschedule for a later date or hold a virtual show instead.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
FeliciaD
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies