• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do you use your Vita Mix daily?

In summary, the conversation is about the Vita Mix machine, which is a high-powered blender. Individuals in the conversation discuss their experiences with the machine and how they use it for making smoothies, soups, and other recipes. Some express concerns about using it for all meals and others share tips for incorporating vegetables into their diet using the Vita Mix.
naekelsey
Gold Member
Does anyone own a Vita Mix machine? (for those of you wondering what this is, I would say it is the superman of blenders)

We just got one and my family can not wait to use it daily for our meals. My only concern is, is all of our meals supposed to be "juiced" if we plan on using it for all meals, (at least a good portion of our meals)?

How do you use your machine daily? (not asking for complete recipes of what you do daily but maybe a little list of recipe names for your day)

Thanks

Had it, Sold itI had one. I wanted it so badly. Then I tried making the soups, smoothies, etc... They never came out right. I didn't see much of a difference from my regular blender :-( I hope you have more success with it than I did.

We love ours. I just got back from buying $40 worth of fruits and veggies, and I know they will all get eaten. The kids really love to mix things to see what they will turn out like, plus they like watching it crush everything. (Me too!! LOL!!) Now to just figure out if we are going to have to juice everything. The first thing I made a few days ago was watermelon ice cream. We all liked it but the dogs didn't!! I guess it was "to" healthy. (dogs are spoiled. They each get a scoop of ice cream when we do)

We have one and use it daily. I make smoothies or juice for myself and my children every morning with breakfast. I have also created 10 bean soup and split pea soup in it.

We used it at several parties to make daiquiris and pina coladas. They came out so smooth and delicious. (just had to make sure whoever is using it doesn't leave it running too long and melt the ice:eek: )

I know you will love it!

So do you just use it to make juices in the morning and then soups at night?? Do you do this every day???

I've had ours for about 4 yrs now and I absolutely love it. You can not compare it to a regular blender because it isn't. You can use it to make ice cream, smoothies, soups and much more. The best part of it is that you can actually hide many of the vegies that kids avoid and give it to them after being put into the Vitamix and they will not taste the vegies. Very important... TOMATOES. Tomatoes contain an anti-oxidant called lycopene, which is a wonderful cancer/disease fighter, especially when grinded, making the Vitamix ideal for this and many other things. Oh, and the #1 reason we purchased it was because my husband has a condition called diverticulosis. He is not allowed to eat anything with seeds like, strawberries, kiwis, tomatoes, etc. The Vitamix has enabled him to enjoy all of these foods.

re: vitamixI Love my Vitamix. My old boyfriend had one and made me smoothie's a lot.

When I first got mine that's all I did but I ate / drank so much of it I gained like 20-25 lbs without realizing it!!! Of course I like more of the fruit; I love veges, but fruit is naturally sweeter!!! I wore/wear scrubs to work so didn't notice I gained weight until I needed to wear an outfit to a seminar :( I believe in mine I can knead bread, chop meat, do many, many things. I owe a lot of bills currently so mine is sitting in my kitchen until I get back to cooking again. ( I eat out, but need to stay home and cook more too). I love mixing all kinds of veges together and drinking them too, some won't drink the funny colored stuff so taking the Vita Mix's suggestion and pouring it into a dark colored cup works best.

Have fun and good luck.

ps: It does't juice like a normal juicer though; I"ve thought about using the carrot stuff left over for in cakes, breads, etc.

Liz

diverticulosis
my3jjjs said:
I've had ours for about 4 yrs now and I absolutely love it. You can not compare it to a regular blender because it isn't. You can use it to make ice cream, smoothies, soups and much more. The best part of it is that you can actually hide many of the vegies that kids avoid and give it to them after being put into the Vitamix and they will not taste the vegies. Very important... TOMATOES. Tomatoes contain an anti-oxidant called lycopene, which is a wonderful cancer/disease fighter, especially when grinded, making the Vitamix ideal for this and many other things. Oh, and the #1 reason we purchased it was because my husband has a condition called diverticulosis. He is not allowed to eat anything with seeds like, strawberries, kiwis, tomatoes, etc. The Vitamix has enabled him to enjoy all of these foods.

Is the reason why he can eat these foods again is that the VM breaks up the seeds, etc?

thanks;

Liz

I know it isn't really "juicing", couldn't think of the actual word of what it really does. My kids call them "slushies". (I do also have an actual juicer that we sometimes uses also) I can so see how gaining weight would be an issue. I have been very lucky that all 3 of my kids, hubby and myself love the heck out of fruits and veggies so no need for me to hide the veggies in any kind of concoction (spell??). We also get plenty of fiber by eatting almonds. The almonds are a BIG hit with the kids to snack on at the pool, or anywhere else we go to. (we haven't always been the "healthy" bunch, but have really but forth some effort in the last couple of months)

I do have another question I am hoping someone can answer. There have been a couple of soups we have made that have wound up being way to spicey!!! Does anyone know how to cut the spice down, after the spice is already in it?

I am thinking that when you use spices, you get the power of the "whole" spice, not just what you would normally get when used in a broth. (the reason we boil all foods in water is to help the broth somewhat taste like them--hope this makes sense)

Not Sure. But..
naekelsey said:
I am thinking that when you use spices, you get the power of the "whole" spice, not just what you would normally get when used in a broth. (the reason we boil all foods in water is to help the broth somewhat taste like them--hope this makes sense)

would it help to water it down some?? when I bought my Vita Mix, i read where you could make soup, bread, etc as it kneads and "cooks" as well.

wasn't sure if you used it yet or not either.

I love veges too, no need to hide them, but different mixtures are awesome, however I had read in books, vita mix and some of the juicing books where it's not a good idea to mix certain fruits with certain veges, i know carrot and apple is delicious and ok, but can't think of the ones not to mix!!!

Have fun!

Liz

i used to work at Costco, and those things were frequently returned. hmm...

Liz, you mentioned that you wore scrubs, are you a nurse?

The reason my husband can now enjoy all kinds of fruits and vegies, is because the Vitamix does such a great job at grinding the smallest of seeds.

Returns? Mmm, I have a couple of friends that bought the Vitamix at Costco as well and returned them because once home they thought it was too much for a "blender". I guess a lot of people (and I include myself in this one), get so hyped or hypnotised at the demo's that they end up buying stuff they really don't want. I have for not one moment regretted buying my Vitamix. I'm VERY happy with it.

We LOVE ours and do not planning on returning it!! We will have no problem saving money with this new "tool" that it should more than pay for itself in 2 months!!

We have figured out more recipes but still wonder about the spicey thing.

no...you'd think I'd know :) I"mI'm a hospital Medical Records coder. I really should've known that, but we can't know everything!!

I forgot to mention I also use my Vitamix to ground oats, and make oat powder, I can't think of the correct term or maybe it's wheat, but pretty sure it's oats. Yes it's oats, then I use that as the batter to Dr. Phil's baked Country Fried Steaks, out of this world and very healthy too.

Mine most of the time is sitting on the counter, but I really wish I had the money to use it more often too. There are so many uses for it and healthy too. Some people make their own "baby foods" with it and I"m thinking I found many recipes on the internet as well.

Too bad someone doesn't want to bring to conference!!! I"m in Wave 1 but no room!

LIz

QUOTE=my3jjjs]Liz, you mentioned that you wore scrubs, are you a nurse?

The reason my husband can now enjoy all kinds of fruits and vegies, is because the Vitamix does such a great job at grinding the smallest of seeds.

Returns? Mmm, I have a couple of friends that bought the Vitamix at Costco as well and returned them because once home they thought it was too much for a "blender". I guess a lot of people (and I include myself in this one), get so hyped or hypnotised at the demo's that they end up buying stuff they really don't want. I have for not one moment regretted buying my Vitamix. I'm VERY happy with it.[/QUOTE]

HI, I have had my Vita Mix now for about 6 years and I love mine.
The 2 reasons I bought it was because I don't like fruit and so I thought if I grind it up and drank it I would at least get my fruit. The other reason was I wanted to make my own baby food, which I did for both of my girls. Alot cheaper and healther.
It has more than paid for itself and is a wonderful product.
I also like to make ice cream shakes and icie drinks.
I also don't like chunky salsa, so I put my salsa in there and give it a few spins and it is just prefect.
I would never trade my Vita Mix for a regular blender!!!

Related to How do you use your Vita Mix daily?

What is a Vita Mix?

A Vita Mix is a high-powered blender that is designed to blend, chop, and puree foods quickly and efficiently. It is known for its powerful motor and versatile features, making it a popular kitchen appliance for many home cooks and chefs.

How is a Vita Mix different from a regular blender?

Unlike regular blenders, a Vita Mix has a more powerful motor and sharper blades, allowing it to blend even the toughest ingredients such as ice, nuts, and fibrous fruits and vegetables. It also has a larger capacity and various speed settings for more precise control over the blending process.

Is a Vita Mix worth the investment?

Many people who own a Vita Mix swear by its capabilities and find it to be a valuable addition to their kitchen. It is especially useful for those who enjoy making smoothies, soups, and other blended recipes on a regular basis. However, it ultimately depends on your personal cooking habits and preferences.

Can a Vita Mix be used for anything other than blending?

Yes, a Vita Mix can also be used for tasks such as grinding grains, kneading dough, and even making nut butters. It has a variety of attachments and settings that allow it to perform these tasks effectively.

Do you offer any warranties or guarantees for the Vita Mix?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a 5-year limited warranty for the Vita Mix. This covers any defects in materials or workmanship, and we also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • smspamperedchef
  • General Chat
Replies