• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disney Expenses- How Much Are You Taking?

In summary, the experts recommend taking $2,000-$3,000 per person, depending on what you want to spend. They recommend budgeting and looking at websites like affordingthemouse.com and allears.com for tips on eating out while visiting Disney World.
chefsteph07
We are trying to figure out a good amt to save to take w/ us on the trip...just wondering what you all were planning on taking for the meals that aren't covered, hotel if needed, extra expense?

I know that for meals, they say plan on $100 per person per day, etc, but I want a FIGURE that you are planning, we are thinking 2k, but is that over the top? We are driving, so that's 4 nights of hotel on the road, plus we are factoring food for 4 of us.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Depending on where you eat (sit down-vs- counter)...the food can add up. If you would normally pay $40 for a family of 4 to dine- count on being $100 for a sit-down MEAL (not day). Counter can be closer to $40 for all of you....and it will save you tips. We were on the dining plan when we went, so our meals were covered by that, but not the tips- Tips alone cost what a meal would normally cost me (paying 15% of the bill) for us to eat out! I was dropping $25-30 on tips! :eek: So I'd probably go closer to $150-200 a day for food/tips, and then if you want spending cash, decide how much that might be per person? Don't avoid the sit-down places, if there is one or two you really want to do...they can be fun (Lunch is usually cheaper, AND easier to get into, plus in June- you'll appreciate the A/C!!). Just know where you want to go and get reservations!!! You can't just walk up to a restaurant and expect to get in- not like normal dining out. At the very least, pick out your restaurant the morning of and talk to your Hotel Concierge desk for reservation assistance. If you can swing the $2k, go for it- it's better to be prepared than caught off-guard. Have a budget in mind.

check out affordingthemouse.com and allears.com for some great tips on eating out while at Disney.. I know from 5 years ago when we went we ate a very light lunch and usually just shared.. it is soo hot and you stand in line soo long that lunch hours really slip away. I carried snack bars and that was usually our lunch. I remember one day in Magic Kingdom we were there 7 to 8 hours and only rode 3 rides... ugh!!! those terrible lines. I actually bought a book this year with guides on which rides to ride when and not have the wait.. can't remember the name of it as it stays in the car and I read while sitting in the pick up line at school. I highlight what I want to refer back to.

We went to Disney in September and took $2000. We did use the dining plan tho and still spent at least $1200 of this on '"extras". Sit down dinners are VERY expensive. For 3 adults and 2 kids each meal was easily $125-$140. I would also recommend taking in your own water bottles and snacks to cut down on what you are spending on food. I know they say no food or drinks but they won't make you take them out of your bag. Make dinner reservations NOW if you haven't already. We had one restaurant we couldn't get into making reservations 4 months out! We had a blast when we went and will definitely be going again in the fall!

OR you can go to the cheaper places we don't spend more than we usually do going out to eat. I think for our family of 4 we usually spend $60 at most a day on our meals. If you have a car go off to get dinner it is much cheaper and a nice break from the crowds.

SO... I'm sitting here in SHOCK! Can you tell we've never been to Disney? I had no idea about these costs for food. I am even more thankful now that we will have breakfast provided. I'll me making sure the kids eat heartily at that meal!!!!!! :) Thanks for all this info ... please keep it coming. I'm SO in the dark about what to do... what not to miss ect.

I am going to be really cheap. I am taking an extra suitcase for snack/food and then we will use it for extra stuff on the way home. They also have a grocery store that delievers food to the resorts. I am going to order lunch meat, milk etc..... so we will hopefully eat 2 meals in our rooms and one out at the parks. I booked reservations last week and had a hard time getting at a few of the most popular places. FYI~ I have the book, The unoffical guide to Disney world.. Many saving tips in the book!!!

I am going to attempt to take a cooler and a "small" microwave with us, I am planning on making a few meals ahead of time that we can just nuke here and there, to cut down on costs.

How much is the grocery service to have food delivered to the resorts? That's an ingenious idea!

It's been awhile since I've been so I don't know if you can still do this but if you are at a counter service place and order a double cheeseburger you can also order an extra bun (very inexpensively) and then split up the double burger onto two buns making two singles.

chefsteph07 said:
I am going to attempt to take a cooler and a "small" microwave with us, I am planning on making a few meals ahead of time that we can just nuke here and there, to cut down on costs.

How much is the grocery service to have food delivered to the resorts? That's an ingenious idea!

What level did you earn? If you are at CSR, there is a fridge in ever room. Plus if you stay close to the main lobby,they have toasters and microwaves in the lobby to use. The grocery store is GardenGrocer.com, The Selection of a SUPERMARKET Delivered to Your Door!
The delievery fee is $12. and free if over $200. but at Disney $12 is one hamburger!!! Let me know if you are at CSR, I have learned tons of tips from a few websites!!

I love all this info sharing about Disney. I really need help in the planning department. As I read all the posts, I realize just how much help I need. Yikes! I am staying at CSR and would love to know your tips. Can we order groceries together and get one large order sharing the delivery fee? Not sure how difficult that would be.
Thanks to all for sharing your knowledge.

jbondr said:
I love all this info sharing about Disney. I really need help in the planning department. As I read all the posts, I realize just how much help I need. Yikes! I am staying at CSR and would love to know your tips. Can we order groceries together and get one large order sharing the delivery fee? Not sure how difficult that would be.
Thanks to all for sharing your knowledge.

LOL - this made me laugh! It sounds like people at my parties combining orders to save on the shipping.:D:D:D

I knew I must have heard this idea somewhere. Your right...it is funny!

probably a bit late here but staying @ coronado springs and was looking to split some groceries with someone. I'm taking some snacks and such but wanted to buy drinks such as water, o.j. and milk but have to spend $40 before the $12 fee. Mine came up to like $20-$23 or so. Not needing quite that much food to make it to $40, plus don't know where I would put it. Anyone want to go in with me? I think if you spent like $15-$20 and also split the $12 shipping with me that would be great. let me know! :)

Will a Gal. Milk fit in the frig. at Coronado Springs? Kids drink tons of it and wondering if I should go with the 1/2 gal instead.

Thanks.

Sharon

I sent you a PM.

Hi Barb

When are you leaving KC? We leave tomorrow morning early. I am working on laundry and packing today.

Sorry, I don't know about the refrigerator size for Coronado.

See you at Disney! Janet

flemings99 said:
Will a Gal. Milk fit in the frig. at Coronado Springs? Kids drink tons of it and wondering if I should go with the 1/2 gal instead.

Thanks.

I've been to two of the resorts- one Deluxe and one Moderate (which Coronado is). The fridge's are a standard Dorm size fridge- so not very big. I can't say for sure if a Gallon size would fit or not.

I can tell you that most likely- if you do go with the 1/2 gallon size, and find you need more later in the week, that the gift shop should have some. The food court at our resort (Caribbean Beach) had the individual sizes, but the GIFT SHOP has toiletries, candy, snacks, small amounts of food, and a dairy case that had Milk, water, etc. They sold them in 1/2 gallon sizes. That's what we did when we were there last week.

HTH

Where are you in MO Janet?

We're leaving tomorrow evening from KC. Wish we had picked an earlier flight so we could have more time upon arrival. Will be bed time for the kids when we get there and early check in with PC will be closed :(

Lots of laundry and packing for me this evening.

Anyone want to split groceries with me @ Cornado springs? I arrive Sat. afternoon. spending about $20 and need another $20 order to meet the min. order plus split the $12 delivery fee.

Related to Disney Expenses- How Much Are You Taking?

1. How much should I budget for food at Disney?

The cost of food at Disney can vary greatly depending on your dining preferences and the number of people in your group. A general estimate for a family of four would be around $200-250 per day for all meals and snacks. However, this can be reduced by packing your own snacks and choosing more affordable dining options.

2. Is it worth purchasing a Disney dining plan?

This ultimately depends on your personal dining habits and preferences. The dining plans can save you money if you plan on eating at sit-down restaurants and ordering more expensive meals. However, if you prefer quick service meals or are a light eater, it may not be worth the cost.

3. How much should I budget for souvenirs at Disney?

Souvenir prices at Disney can range from a few dollars to hundreds of dollars. It's best to set a budget for souvenirs and stick to it. You can also save money by purchasing souvenirs outside of the park or looking for deals and discounts.

4. Are there any hidden fees or expenses at Disney?

In addition to the cost of park tickets and food, there are a few other expenses to keep in mind. Parking at Disney World is currently $25 per day for a standard vehicle. You may also want to budget for tips, transportation (such as Uber or the Minnie Van), and any additional activities or experiences you want to participate in.

5. Can I save money by staying off-site at Disney?

Staying off-site at Disney can be a more affordable option, but it also has its drawbacks. You may have to pay for parking at the parks, transportation to and from the parks, and miss out on some of the perks of staying at a Disney resort (such as Extra Magic Hours). It's best to compare prices and weigh the pros and cons before making a decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smspamperedchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lakamper
  • NewbyPChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy
Replies