• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Crumble Bacon Like a Pro?

In summary, using the FC to chop the bacon results in the same end product as using a knife to chop the bacon.
kcjodih
Gold Member
yours. My recipe calls for 6 slices of crisply cooked, drained and crumbled bacon. At home I just use my hands :eek: LOL How should I do it at my show?

I used to put the bacon into a ziploc and then use a rolling pin to roll over the back - instant, easy, and no greasy hands crumbled bacon.

I'm thinking if I get it nice and crisp I could use the food chopper. Anyone try the chopper with bacon? I know I could use the crinkle cutter but the food chopper is more $ and I'm not demoing it otherwise for this recipe. Thoughts?

I've used the FC, but it does have to be nice and CRISP!

What about the Kitchen Shears?!?!?

I definitely use the food chopper...
I use turkey bacon and it works wonderfully!
I don't know how good it would cut the fat in 'real' bacon...
... I would think good, the FC does everything good!

good luck.

I usually use the Chef's Knife.

if you slice it first then cook it half the job is already done. Depending on how small you cut it you may not have to chop anymore.

Make sure it's crispy and use the Food Chopper.

I have a time with "fatty" bacon even if it is crispy with the FC not chopping it. I never thought of using the crinkle cutter but that sounds like it would work. I've been using a knife to cut the bacon up but the last few shows I've used hormel bacon pieces...it tastes exactly like bacon and you don't have to worry about all the grease and stuff BUT you don't get to use a extra tool to cut the bacon up.

I cut it first into small pieces with the kitchen shears then bake it up crisp on my bar pan. Or if I'm making a small batch like to put in baked beans or on top of cheese fries I'll spread out the small pieces in the small oval baker and bake it that way.

I use the food chopper all the time when I am not using Hormel bacon bits, they are the next best thing to real bacon, you can buy a big bag at Costco for around $7.00

I don't know if you want to go to the trouble, but you could cook the bacon in the oven on the lg. bar pan. The bacon comes out perfectly.

Related to How Do You Crumble Bacon Like a Pro?

1. How do you crumble bacon for recipes?

To crumble bacon for recipes, first cook the bacon until it is crispy. Then, remove the bacon from the pan and place it on a paper towel to absorb excess grease. Once cooled, use your hands or a knife to break the bacon into small pieces.

2. Can you crumble bacon before cooking it?

It is not recommended to crumble bacon before cooking it. Cooking the bacon in whole strips allows for more even cooking and ensures that the bacon remains crispy. Crumbling bacon before cooking may result in unevenly cooked or soggy pieces.

3. How do you keep bacon from crumbling when cooking?

To prevent bacon from crumbling when cooking, make sure to use a sharp knife to cut the bacon into strips instead of tearing it. Also, avoid moving the bacon around too much while it is cooking, as this can cause it to break apart.

4. Can you crumble bacon in a food processor?

Yes, you can crumble bacon in a food processor. Simply cut the cooked bacon into smaller pieces and pulse in the food processor until desired crumb size is achieved.

5. How do you store leftover crumbled bacon?

To store leftover crumbled bacon, place it in an airtight container or resealable bag and refrigerate for up to 4 days. You can also freeze crumbled bacon for longer storage, up to 3 months. Just be sure to thaw it in the refrigerator before using.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies