• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ribbon Pasta without the Rock Crock

Intrepid_Chef

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 6, 2007
So I was looking at this recipe. My host really wants it for her show.

However, I do not have a Rock Crock

So ... does this look doable in the small skillet and Deep Covered Baker?

She likes to do her shows in the living room so I can just send my host in the kitchen, or do the bacon in advance ...

http://www.pamperedchef.com/recipe_search/recipe.jsp?id=110873

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
Personally, I don't see why you couldn't use the DCB and a skillet for the steps, in place of the RC (I personally don't like the RC on the stove top...takes too long to heat up in my opinion, and I am TRYING to love it, just not so much on the stove).

But I would do it with the DCB/skillet. And yes, I would precook the bacon ahead of time. Most folks can figure out how to saute bacon on their own. ;) I think the only reason I'd demo that step would be to SHOW them the RC in action. Otherwise, just tell them "cook your bacon in a skillet, or if you used our RockCroc- you could do ALL of this in one pot!" (then tell them you are working towards getting your RC at a discount or something.... a plug for hosting a show or the business. ;)

Intrepid_Chef

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 6, 2007
What do you think about using (and draining) regular bacon instead of turkey bacon?

Just wondering because I made bacon tonight and had a very hard time cutting it into pieces raw. Of course, I tried to cut several pieces at once ...