• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How did Shawn Hornbeck survive for 4 1/2 years after being abducted?

In summary, two boys who were abducted many years ago were miraculously found alive and returned to their families. The community is overjoyed and excited, and there is a sense of relief and happiness in the air. The families of the boys are grateful and hopeful for a return to a normal life. However, there is also a discussion about the issue of child predators and the need for stricter laws to protect children. Overall, this is a heartwarming and inspiring story with a happy ending.
britishchef
Just had to post this... I lived pretty close to where these 2 boys were abducted, I can't BELIEVE they found Shawn Hornbeck after so many years! How awesome!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,243587,00.html

Praise God!

britishchef said:
Just had to post this... I lived pretty close to where these 2 boys were abducted, I can't BELIEVE they found Shawn Hornbeck after so many years! How awesome!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,243587,00.html

Praise God!
I know, I just saw the news!!!

I can't believe it either. I actually work at the Richwoods School. I didn't start there till after he was taken. The press conference was at the school. The kids are sooo excited they are on a sugar high without the sugar. I don't think the whole community has slept since Friday. The school always keeps/kept a missing flyer in the school window at the main enterance.

Praise God!

That's right

I just read about this story on line. I am so happy for the families, miricles do happen. I hope this man lives the rest of his life behind bars.

I still have chills when I think about it. When Ben went missing on Monday, the news kept talking about how similar it is to the Shawn Hornbeck case. No wonder!!! How wonderful for the families!!

I wish them all the best.

I am so happy to hear that these boys are back home with their families. I do pray for the family of the young man who was detained by this monster for 4 1/2 years. He is going to have a tough road ahead of him, but with his families help he should come around to a "normal" life again.

My father worked with Del Stayner, father of Steven Stayner (little boy who was kidnaped in Merced in the 70's at age 7 and was found at age 17, his brother Cary, became famous as the man who murdered the tourists in Yosemite back in 1999) and we had been to their home for business parties ans such. When they found Steven, he never really adjusted to his family again and unfortunatly was killed in a motorcycle accident in 1989, he was the drunk driver. The saddest part of that whole case was the kidnapper was never charged with all the malicious acts he did with that boy, he's free to this day.

I hope this guy gets his day in court...and I'm not just talking about the federal system.

That is AWESOME! That's kind of like the Elizabeth Smart case. Miracles do happen!

I am so elated for the boys and their parents. I wish them all the luck to get back to a normal life again.:D

PampMomof3 said:
That is AWESOME! That's kind of like the Elizabeth Smart case. Miracles do happen!

I am so elated for the boys and their parents. I wish them all the luck to get back to a normal life again.:D

Oh, I forgot about the Elizabeth Smart case. That was awesome when she came home. I love happy endings!

I love hearing stories likes these! - I am so happy for their families and hope they get justice against that horrible man as well. I just had tears coming down my face as I watched the news reports.

Amber,

Thank you so much for sharing. What a blessing! God is good. Darby, you are right that this boy and his family will need lots of help to adjust to life back home. With all the wonderful cheffers on here I know there will be a lot of prayers sent on their behalf!!

wow that is amazing. It ia laways nice when you hear happy endings. The sadest thing about the elizabeth Smart case was an innocent man ended up dying in jail cause they were sure he was guilty.

MiracleI am totatly disgusted that these kind of people get to do this to our children.When in the you know what are our laws going to do something about this major problem.
Do you know in our country that these child molestors are aloud to hold conventions just like any other organizations.
I have a 11 year old that walks home one block because he doesn't like to wait for me till I get off from school and scares me to death.
I had a friend who saw a program on a retired detective who did research on these ............... and he showed pictures of different ball games,etc and took pictures of the stands and at one game he attended he found 5 child molesters with criminal records. Scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:( :p :p
Thank God they were found alive!

thechefofnorthbend said:
I am so happy to hear that these boys are back home with their families. I do pray for the family of the young man who was detained by this monster for 4 1/2 years. He is going to have a tough road ahead of him, but with his families help he should come around to a "normal" life again.

My father worked with Del Stayner, father of Steven Stayner (little boy who was kidnaped in Merced in the 70's at age 7 and was found at age 17, his brother Cary, became famous as the man who murdered the tourists in Yosemite back in 1999) and we had been to their home for business parties ans such. When they found Steven, he never really adjusted to his family again and unfortunatly was killed in a motorcycle accident in 1989, he was the drunk driver. The saddest part of that whole case was the kidnapper was never charged with all the malicious acts he did with that boy, he's free to this day.

I hope this guy gets his day in court...and I'm not just talking about the federal system.

When I saw this on the news this is the case that I thought of..the movie my first name is steven. I hope that the boy that was gone for 4.5 years doesn't have the same problems that Steven had. I hope the kidnapper does get his dues for what he did to those boys and their families.

Related to How did Shawn Hornbeck survive for 4 1/2 years after being abducted?

1. What is "Miracle in Missouri!" about?

"Miracle in Missouri!" is a heartwarming story about a small town community coming together to help a family in need during the holiday season.

2. Is "Miracle in Missouri!" a cookbook or a novel?

"Miracle in Missouri!" is a novel that features some delicious recipes from Pampered Chef.

3. Are the recipes in "Miracle in Missouri!" easy to make?

Yes, the recipes in "Miracle in Missouri!" are easy to make and perfect for all home cooks, regardless of their level of experience.

4. Can I purchase "Miracle in Missouri!" in stores or only through Pampered Chef?

"Miracle in Missouri!" can be purchased through Pampered Chef consultants or on the Pampered Chef website.

5. Are there any special promotions or discounts for purchasing "Miracle in Missouri!" through Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers special promotions and discounts for purchasing "Miracle in Missouri!" through their website or through a consultant. These may include free shipping or discounted prices for bundles including the book and Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Addie4TLC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC