• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can we promote a positive and ethical team dynamic?

In summary, the conversation revolves around a situation where one consultant is bad-mouthing and trying to steal business from another consultant on the same team. The speaker is considering sending out a general email about ethics and how they should work together instead of against each other. They are also looking for positive quotes to include. Another person suggests searching online for resources and mentions the Direct Selling Association's code of ethics. The conversation then shifts to how to address the situation, with suggestions such as approaching the consultant directly and reminding them that their actions reflect on the company and the team as a whole. The importance of staying positive and focusing on finding new customers and recruits is also emphasized. Overall, the conversation emphasizes the need for teamwork and a positive attitude in the
sandilou
Silver Member
I have a situation that has come to my attention where one consultant is bad-mouthing and trying to steel shows from another consultant -- both are on my team. :( I was thinking about just sending out a general email about ethics and how we work together, not against each other. Is there already anything like that out there somewhere. I would like to keep it positive and not point fingers. <sigh> Maybe some nice quotes would be nice.

Sandi

Have you searched online at all? There are lots of blogs for direct sellers, and the DSA has its own code of ethics (PC is a DSA member).

Here's what comes up with Google: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=ethics+in+direct+sales&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

No, but that is a good suggestion. I thought I would turn here 1st! ;)

Sandi

I was just curious if you'd addressed the situation and if there was any response/resolve from the consultant in question?

If it were something I was facing.. I would approach it from this standpoint:To the people you meet, you are Pampered Chef! Everything we do as consultants reflects the company and each other. In that way, bashing another consultant really has a ripple effect. If people are being negative, they aren't just making their image, but the collective image of all of us!

I agree - A direct approach, but not "I heard you were saying negative things about a member of our team." That would seem confrontational and not productive. But making sure everyone understands that we each represent the company, and in order to get bookings and recruits, we need to stay positive. Maybe follow up with an open door policy. That if a rep has an issue that he / she can come to you for help addressing it.

Wow! There is SO...much business for everyone. Set the example, lead from the front. Get the potential naysayer aside and confront her with the evidence presented to you, just very matter-of-fact. Don't dwell on it, don't get into he said - she said. Remind her there is a bountiful plenty of customers and to work her business hard to find those new hosts and recruits.

scottcooks said:
Wow! There is SO...much business for everyone. Set the example, lead from the front. Get the potential naysayer aside and confront her with the evidence presented to you, just very matter-of-fact. Don't dwell on it, don't get into he said - she said. Remind her there is a bountiful plenty of customers and to work her business hard to find those new hosts and recruits.

Very Good Advice

Related to How can we promote a positive and ethical team dynamic?

What are some common ethical issues in the food industry?

The most common ethical issues in the food industry include worker exploitation, food safety and quality, environmental sustainability, and animal welfare.

How does Pampered Chef ensure ethical practices in their products?

Pampered Chef follows strict guidelines and standards to ensure ethical practices in their products. This includes sourcing ingredients from ethical suppliers, adhering to fair labor practices, and maintaining transparency in their supply chain.

Are there any certifications or labels that indicate ethical production in Pampered Chef products?

Yes, Pampered Chef has several certifications and labels, such as Fair Trade, USDA Organic, and Certified Humane, which indicate ethical production practices in their products.

What can I do as a consumer to support ethical practices in the food industry?

As a consumer, you can support ethical practices in the food industry by choosing products from companies with transparent and ethical supply chains, purchasing from local and sustainable sources, and being conscious of worker rights and animal welfare.

What steps does Pampered Chef take to reduce their environmental impact?

Pampered Chef is committed to reducing their environmental impact by using eco-friendly packaging, sourcing ingredients sustainably, reducing waste in their operations, and supporting renewable energy sources.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• flemings99
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • lovecookn
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • melissa3026