• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I use my Microplane Grater without making a mess?

In summary, the recipient of this email shared a tip that allows you to grate directly onto the cover of the container with no mess.
jenniferknapp
Gold Member
I can't take the credit for this discovery, this is an email I just got from my upline that she got from someone else:

Slide the clear cover off the top, turn it over and slide it UNDERNEATH the grater, enabling you to be able to grate directly onto the cover with no mess. NOT ONLY will it catch EVERYTHING, the small opening at the end allows you to gently sprinkle the contents onto your recipe!

Well my goodness.. PLEASE tell her thank you for me!!!!!!!!! That is an awesome tip!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE the MG

Thank you so much for the tip! This will come in handy for grating chocolate this way it doesn't go all over the place.

BE CAREFUL!! If you leave citrus zest on the cover it will pit it.

Diane

ohhh good call! thanks!

Great! Thanks!

Thanks a great Idea!
Karen

dianevill said:
BE CAREFUL!! If you leave citrus zest on the cover it will pit it.

Diane
what does that mean?

sarahmarie said:
what does that mean?

The acid in the citrus(if left on there) will eventually eat away and erode the stainless steel - causing it to "pit".

oh, but it is ok for a few minutes, right? I coule use the cover on the back for zest, dump it out, wash it and it would be fine, right?

The citrus zest will damage the plastic, not the stainless steel.

Actually, it will damage the stainless steel - this is one of the reasons why you also do not put your knives in the dishwasher....because the chemicals (including the citric acid often found in automatic dishwashing soap) are much harsher in Automatic dsihwashing soap - and could result in pitting of your cutlery. I'm not sure of what it would do to the plastic.....but I do know that I store lemon/lime juice in my juicer sometimes, and I've never had that pit.

I found out the hard way that citrus will pit your plastic. My cover was horrible looking after that.

pamperdawn said:
I found out the hard way that citrus will pit your plastic. My cover was horrible looking after that.

ME TOO!!!! :eek:

1. What is a Microplane grater?

A Microplane grater is a kitchen tool designed to grate or zest ingredients such as cheese, chocolate, and citrus fruits. It features a long, narrow blade with sharp, tiny teeth that easily shred food into fine pieces.

2. How is the Microplane grater different from a traditional grater?

The Microplane grater has a much finer grating surface compared to a traditional grater, making it perfect for creating delicate shavings of ingredients. It also has a longer and narrower blade, allowing for more precise grating and zesting.

3. Can the Microplane grater be used for other tasks besides grating and zesting?

Yes, the Microplane grater can also be used for tasks such as grating nutmeg, ginger, and garlic, as well as creating fine breadcrumbs and shaving vegetables like carrots and onions for salads and garnishes.

4. Is the Microplane grater dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Microplane grater is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing with warm soapy water and a brush to ensure the longevity of the sharp blades.

5. Are there different types of Microplane graters available?

Yes, there are various types of Microplane graters available, each designed for specific tasks. The Microplane grater discovery is perfect for everyday use in the kitchen, while the Microplane coarse grater is great for grating hard cheese and vegetables. There are also Microplane graters specifically designed for zesting and grating larger items like cheese blocks and ginger.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cindylpal
  • ValM2010
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies