• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I restore the shine to my bulk Godiva Chocolate truffles?

In summary, to achieve a shiny finish on chocolate truffles, it is important to temper the chocolate correctly by melting it to a specific temperature, cooling it down, and then heating it back up. It is recommended to use high-quality chocolate with a cocoa percentage of at least 60%. To prevent melting at room temperature, allow the chocolate to cool before coating the truffles and store them in a cool, dry place. Flavorings can be added to truffles, but be cautious of adding too much liquid. Let the truffles set for at least 30 minutes before serving, or refrigerate for 10 minutes for a faster setting time. They can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
aikenamy
I purchased some delicious Godiva Chocolate truffles from a friend who works at their distribution plant. These are "seconds" so they are in bulk and not "pretty." Any suggestions on how to polish them up/restore at least a bit of their shine?

Thanks! Amy

Hmm... maybe warming them up just a bit? Although, I don't know how they would look once they cool down again.

you could dip them again. I add paraffin wax to my melted chocolate and as soon as it's melted, dip the candies. The more you add, the shinier they are. Too much and they taste like balls of wax, so don't go overboard.Apparently, you can use Crisco too, but I've never tried that....

1. How do I make sure my truffles have a shiny finish?

To achieve a shiny finish on your chocolate truffles, it is important to temper your chocolate correctly. This involves melting the chocolate to a specific temperature, then cooling it down and heating it back up to the desired temperature. This process aligns the cocoa butter crystals in the chocolate, resulting in a shiny appearance.

2. Can I use any type of chocolate for my truffles?

We recommend using high-quality chocolate with a cocoa percentage of at least 60% for the best results. Milk chocolate may not set as well and white chocolate may not be as stable during tempering.

3. How do I prevent my truffles from melting at room temperature?

After tempering your chocolate, make sure to allow it to cool to room temperature before using it to coat your truffles. This will help the chocolate set properly and prevent melting. Additionally, store your truffles in a cool, dry place (not the refrigerator) to avoid melting.

4. Can I add any flavorings to my truffles?

Yes, you can add flavorings such as extracts, liqueurs, or spices to your truffles. However, be careful not to add too much liquid as it can cause the chocolate to seize. Always add small amounts at a time and mix well before adding more.

5. How long do the truffles need to set before serving?

After coating your truffles in chocolate, let them set for at least 30 minutes at room temperature. If you are in a hurry, you can place them in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to speed up the setting process. Once set, you can serve them immediately or store them in an airtight container for up to a week.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies