• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Prepare for My First Boutique Event?

1 - What to prepare that is cheap and easyI don't do food. Often you have to have a license to serve food. If you must, and you are allowed, cream cheese with sauce poured over it and crackers.2 - Best way to take orders (bring PC and enter on PP3 or just fill out order forms only)If you just enter directly into P3, you will need to print out receipts to go with the orders. If you'll be submitting as a show and delivering, this probably won't be a big deal. If you're doing direct-ship orders, then you would have to mail the receipt.3 - I don't have product to sell while there
Tean94
I just got my new large kit yesterday! It was like opening presents on Christmas Day! :D

I have my first boutique on Nov. 17th. The host of the boutique says she normally has an average of 75-100 people attend. So I need help or ideas on:

1 - What to prepare that is cheap and easy

2 - Best way to take orders (bring PC and enter on PP3 or just fill out order forms only)

3 - I don't have product to sell while there, and should I anyways?

Thanks for any input!

Congratulations, first of all!

Here is my take on two of your questions. Need to think a bit on the first one.

2 - Best way to take orders (bring PC and enter on PP3 or just fill out order forms only)

- If you have a laptop you an bring with P3...TAKE IT. It will save you a lot of headache with math/calculations, etc. :)

- No, you do not need to have 'cash & carry'. Just set up a table with your products and catalogs, etc. IF you took cash & carry, I always make it the type of things I can get on my Supply order for host/guest gifts, or I use Season's Bests. But what you can have for guests who stop by are recipe cards (with your label/stamp).

Good luck!

I don't do food. Often you have to have a license to serve food. If you must, and you are allowed, cream cheese with sauce poured over it and crackers.

If you just enter directly into P3, you will need to print out receipts to go with the orders. If you'll be submitting as a show and delivering, this probably won't be a big deal. If you're doing direct-ship orders, then you would have to mail the receipt.

We have so many products in the catalog it's practically impossible to predict what any one person coming to your booth might want. If you plan to do many booths in the future, host shows yourself and use the host benefits to buy some simple things (spices, sauces, small serving spatulas etc), but otherwise I wouldn't bother.

As far as the receipts....Noora's right. You can still use your P3 to just copy down the math if you want to make sure. If it wasn't your very first time out, I'd say just calculate it all by hand/calculator (that's what I do at booths), but I've been doing it 4 years.

I would think something simple like a "Sip 'n Dip" where you have some cream cheese with sauces and maybe some of the other sauces with pretzel sticks to sample

Absolutely take a laptop with P3 if you can do so. It will help prevent miscalculations

If you felt that you really needed to take products, I would only take something that you might give away at a show. Example: SBRB, i slice, all purpose spreader, Quik Cut knives

Thank you all for your feedback!To answer my own Question #1, I was thinking of making some potato chips and apple chips, that Chip Maker is so cool!!! I also was thinking of making a Pumpkin Spice Cake in the Fluted Stone Pan in the microwave as a type of dessert. The Host even offered to buy ingredients for me.Based on your responses, I think I will be bringing my computer with me, just for peace of mind. And I didn't know P3 could print receipts for us. I just found the option. NICE!!! As for Q3 - Great to hear. I didn't want to do "cash and carry" anyways. Would much rather sell the guests on the great products PC offers!Again, thanks for the input!

Tean94 said:
Thank you all for your feedback!

To answer my own Question #1, I was thinking of making some potato chips and apple chips, that Chip Maker is so cool!!! QUOTE]

Yes it is cool but I have found that the chips don't keep well, they become mushy and not so crsipy anymore. So I would recomend not making these.

good luck with your show!!
remember that when you print receipts you have to have the special PC paper so it has the guarantee on the back....

ChefShalon said:
Yes it is cool but I have found that the chips don't keep well, they become mushy and not so crsipy anymore. So I would recomend not making these.

I wouldn't tell the customer to store the chips, and I'd imagine most would make them as craved. For the purposes of the boutique, I would expect they'd stay crisp for the 2.5 hours.

carlajanes said:
Remember that when you print receipts you have to have the special PC paper so it has the guarantee on the back...

Thanks for the tip! I would have never thought about that. Where can you get this special paper???

The paper can be order on supply order.. I belive its called Pampered Plus Reciepts or somthing of that nature.

ChefShalon said:
The paper can be order on supply order.. I belive its called Pampered Plus Reciepts or somthing of that nature.
Thanks for that, now how exactly would I go about ordering it and how much does it cost? I've only been at this for 2 weeks.

Tean94 said:
Thanks for that, now how exactly would I go about ordering it and how much does it cost? I've only been at this for 2 weeks.

There's usually a bright orange sheet of paper in with your new consultant kit that's a great special that includes some SBRB, receipts, plus a lot of other things that you can use. It's a really good deal, so I would be sure to take advantage of it!

BTW, Congrats on your new business!

winklermom said:
There's usually a bright orange sheet of paper in with your new consultant kit that's a great special that includes some SBRB, receipts, plus a lot of other things that you can use. It's a really good deal, so I would be sure to take advantage of it!

BTW, Congrats on your new business!

Thanks a lot! :thumbup:

I'm pretty excited about getting into PC. I do have a full time job, but I love to cook (my wife and I put together our own cookbook of 197 recipes last year) and I love to entertain, plus I like to make money. So selling PC seemed like the perfect fit. My first show just closed today and I'm just shy of $750! Woo Hoo! Then I've got a Boutique next week, a Cooking Show a few days later and another Cooking Show the week after that, all in Nov! I also hope to have some Catalog Parties as well. Two people have signed up for bookings in the first two weeks of Jan as well. I love selling PC because it really sells itself!

For your receipts and ordering situation, I'd use the regular duplicate receipt form. You can still use your laptop w/ P3 to guide you...then just plug the #'s in the spots on the form. You don't want to mess with having to print out receipts later, but this way you don't mess up and you won't have to input everything later. It'll also help to remind you to get the phone/address/email address and even ask them about booking. :DI'd print out any flyers you can with the Christmas gift ideas and such that are here in the files and on CC. I just did this for a show I had last night. I put everything in page protectors and then in a binder. I ended up booking a Christmas show by showing that and talking about how you can even do a Cookie Exchange party and I'd do a demo of another type of cookie and it would be a lot of fun for everyone. :)To order the P3 receipts, you have to enter in a New Non-Commission order in P3 and then specify "supply order" in the drop down box. But first check out that flyer that came in your kit. The Business Building Kit I think it was called? It offers a savings for all those things. There will be a special code to use and enter into P3. Then you can also check out CC under the Downloads section the Supply Order Fact Sheet. It helps to explain some of the things that you are able to order. https://www.pamperedchef.com/repsonly/images/cc/us/pdf/us_supply_fact_sheet.pdfCongrats on your new business! Hope everything goes well for you! :)

What is First Boutique?

First Boutique is a program offered by Pampered Chef that helps new consultants get started and build their business through personalized support and resources.

How do I access First Boutique?

You can access First Boutique by logging into your consultant account on the Pampered Chef website and clicking on the First Boutique tab.

What type of support is offered through First Boutique?

First Boutique offers one-on-one coaching, access to training materials, and assistance with setting up your business and hosting your first parties.

Is there a cost to participate in First Boutique?

No, there is no additional cost to participate in First Boutique. It is included as part of your consultant starter kit.

How long does First Boutique support last?

First Boutique support lasts for 90 days from the day you sign up as a consultant. After that, you will still have access to the training materials and resources, but one-on-one coaching will no longer be available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DonnaYork
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • CookingwithMary
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
PCGINA
  • pcheflil