• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I manage my Pampered Chef shows while traveling?

In summary, if you have a Tyme card, you can endorse them as "For deposit only to X National Bank" or whatever bank, sign them and deposit them that way. You can either enter the show online or by using a wireless connection on your laptop. If you don't have a Tyme card, you can mail the shows in.
workinitout
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am planning a long trip this summer to visit friends and family. I am going to be doing shows along the way. I will have my laptop with me and am wondering how to enter my shows.

Maybe I'm just not seeing outside of the box. Ideas?? And to deposit checks from the hostess to my local bank, do I just send them in the mail?

Thanks for any help I can get!!

workinitout said:
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am planning a long trip this summer to visit friends and family. I am going to be doing shows along the way. I will have my laptop with me and am wondering how to enter my shows.

Maybe I'm just not seeing outside of the box. Ideas?? And to deposit checks from the hostess to my local bank, do I just send them in the mail?

Thanks for any help I can get!!

For deposits, if you have a Tyme card, you can endorse them as "For deposit only to X National Bank" or whatever bank, sign them and deposit them that way.

If you have a wireless card in your laptop you can enter shows...

Or...you can do the old fashioned way and mail them in...

janetupnorth said:
For deposits, if you have a Tyme card, you can endorse them as "For deposit only to X National Bank" or whatever bank, sign them and deposit them that way.

If you have a wireless card in your laptop you can enter shows...

Or...you can do the old fashioned way and mail them in...
I am from WI so I know what a Tyme card is but many places haven't a clue. It's "atm".

ok, so maybe i am really off, but you can deposit at an ATM?? I haven't ever tried that.

and is it okay security wise to send it with a wireless card??

Sounds like a great trip ahead of you. :)

Yes -- it's safe to send it wirelessly. P3 is an encrypted program that will transmit the data directly to HO. As long as you're using a reputable wireless service provider you will be safe. Find a business like Panera, Starbucks, hotel, Heck -- Chick-Fil-A has free wireless here -- and that will be the safest way for you to connect wirelessly. :) Get a cup of coffee and let the fingers fly :)

Be careful with the ATM's though. I would personally contact my bank and ask them what they suggest to be the best way. I would honestly have someone I know and trust at home make the deposits for me after I mail them to them.

I make ALL my show deposits through my local ATM. In fact, the person who processes my checks asked for a catalog when I had a bounced check. Still haven't heard back from her but have put my card or mini-catalog in with my deposit slips. I would call my local bank and ask if you can make deposits in another bank's ATM but have never had a problem with things working correctly.

Awesome!! Thanks for the help! Yes, I plan to be gone for 2 months and I have 9 shows lined up!! That is the good part of living so far away from my family and good friends!!

My trip will pay for itself, I will have built in babysitters, and it will all be a big tax write off!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad hubby has to stay home and do a ton of school work!!!

Yeah- my family lives 5 hours away and I'll be going home to do a show in May and in June- great excuse to get to see family. I am hoping to get some people from these shows to set up so I can go down for a week and do 2-3 shows in a week/weekend.
Great ideas.
Another thing I did to make this easier was I opened a bank acct at a BB&T so that I could deposit and access it from anywhere when traveling (at least they are really common on the east coast). So when I did my mega show in March, I went and deposited checks there the day after the show. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to enter the show since my family doesn't have DSL and I can't imagine trying to enter doing dial-up. And I don't have my laptop anymore. Anyhow, great ideas everyone.

clshirk said:
The only thing I haven't figured out is how to enter the show since my family doesn't have DSL and I can't imagine trying to enter doing dial-up. And I don't have my laptop anymore. Anyhow, great ideas everyone.

My best tip is find a local coffee/bookstore/bagel shop. A ton nowadays offers free high speed while you are there!

You should be able to get envelopes from your bank and just mail in your deposits. You could insure the envelope at the post office if you aren't comfortable just sending it.
My bank does not have deposit at their ATM's.

It all depends what bank you bank with. I used to work as a teller. Do you have a checking acct with a larger bank (Regions, CB&T, Wachovia, etc.)? You'd have no problems then. I worked for Regions. We had a deposit function at all of our ATMs. If you got your deposit in the ATM by 8:00pm, it posted on the same business day. Just a suggestion. If not, you could always mail if you don't need the money in there ASAP. It's about $15 to wire it from bank to bank!

A different suggestion... you could ask your hosts to close out their shows with credit or debit cards. That way you don't have to touch checks and wait for them to clear. Just have anyone writing a check make it payable to the host, and ask her to pay out for her order and for any checks she receives with credit/debit card. Any customers that pay with a card you can just submit those like normal. I do this for catalog shows to save time so people aren't having to mail me things and so far it has worked fine and no one has complained about it.

On a slightly diff. topic, how are you deciding what to bring with you? I have two trips this summer and wouldn't mind doing some shows but I will be flying so it won't be terribly feasible. Except that one trip is to my mom's and she has tons of stuff so I could probably make do!

dwyerkim said:
A different suggestion... you could ask your hosts to close out their shows with credit or debit cards. That way you don't have to touch checks and wait for them to clear. Just have anyone writing a check make it payable to the host, and ask her to pay out for her order and for any checks she receives with credit/debit card. Any customers that pay with a card you can just submit those like normal. I do this for catalog shows to save time so people aren't having to mail me things and so far it has worked fine and no one has complained about it.

On a slightly diff. topic, how are you deciding what to bring with you? I have two trips this summer and wouldn't mind doing some shows but I will be flying so it won't be terribly feasible. Except that one trip is to my mom's and she has tons of stuff so I could probably make do!

I was thinking of trying to do mostly credit cards, that would save a lot of hassle!!

As for the shows, I am going to just have two shows to chose from. Most everyone I will be doing a show for doesn't have much PC, so it will be tight. Usually I only bring 2 totes full of product anyhow, so I think that should fit in my car. If I were you I'd double check with what your mom has and then use her stuff for the other show as well.

workinitout - where are you going for your trips this summer?? I am originally from ND (Bismarck actually - and went to college at NDSU) but have been in NE for 13 years. Since we travel to ND at least once a year I personally know that you can not make a deposit in a different state than from where your bank account was opened due to the interstate banking laws even if the deposit is at an ATM. I personally bank at Wells Fargo because that is a bank that is also in ND (saves on foreign ATM fees). I would call your bank and double check with them though to be certain.

momoftwins said:
workinitout - where are you going for your trips this summer?? I am originally from ND (Bismarck actually - and went to college at NDSU) but have been in NE for 13 years. Since we travel to ND at least once a year I personally know that you can not make a deposit in a different state than from where your bank account was opened due to the interstate banking laws even if the deposit is at an ATM. I personally bank at Wells Fargo because that is a bank that is also in ND (saves on foreign ATM fees). I would call your bank and double check with them though to be certain.

Good to know!!! I think I'll be doing credit cards and mailing my deposits.

For my trip I will be going to MT, WA, and OR. I have at least 9 shows set up so far!!

I am so impressed that you have so many shows lined up for your trip. We have a trip this summer and I haven't even thought of trying to book shows but perhaps I should. Good job....

beepampered said:
I am so impressed that you have so many shows lined up for your trip. We have a trip this summer and I haven't even thought of trying to book shows but perhaps I should. Good job....

Yes, that is impressive! Mind sharing how you booked them, is it all friends and family or did you figure out some ways to connect with new contacts? I am traveling to my parents' house in late August/early September, she, one of my sisters, and one of my mom's friends all hosted for me in early jan. when I started. Once we get a little closer I can call all those customers/hosts and see if they will book, but I would love some other ideas to keep my business going while I"m out of town.

Related to How can I manage my Pampered Chef shows while traveling?

1. What is "on theRoad With Pampered Chef"?

"on theRoad With Pampered Chef" is a program offered by Pampered Chef that allows consultants to take their business on the go. It provides tools and resources for consultants to be successful while traveling.

2. How do I access "on theRoad With Pampered Chef"?

You can access the program by logging into your consultant account on the Pampered Chef website. From there, you will see a link to "on theRoad With Pampered Chef" where you can access all the materials and resources.

3. What resources are available through "on theRoad With Pampered Chef"?

The program offers various resources such as training materials, marketing tools, and product information. It also provides access to a community of consultants who share tips and advice for building a successful business while traveling.

4. Is there a cost for using "on theRoad With Pampered Chef"?

No, there is no additional cost for using this program. It is included in your consultant membership and is available to all consultants who wish to take their business on the go.

5. Can I still earn rewards and bonuses while participating in "on theRoad With Pampered Chef"?

Absolutely! You can still earn all the same rewards and bonuses while using this program. In fact, "on theRoad With Pampered Chef" provides additional opportunities for consultants to earn rewards and recognition for their hard work while traveling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ccmahaffey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • SamanthaNicole
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Illine Smith