• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I make the most of my new consultant journey?

I'm not sure yet, but I'm thinking something simple like the chicken pot pie I made last night.I'm so excited for you, Jessica! You will do great! Have fun at your first show!
jsnow
Hey!! I JUST NOW signed up to be a consultant! I am SO EXCITED! I am shooting for my 4 shows in the first 30 days...I plan to do it! Also, I am doing a show in TX (i am in AL) at the end of August, so I get to write that trip off, right??

Any words of wisdom, experience, or encouragement are more than welcomed!

Jessica

Congrats!!! Welcome to the cheffer family!!;)

Welcome!

Advice? Read everything and take the classes offered to you! Most important HAVE FUN!

...and aim for the # of shows AND sales - double your money.

Practice, practice, practice so that you get comfortable with the recipes and the tools as well as what you are going to say. Pick easy recipes, like the ones that you got demonstration cards & scripts for. And have fun.

I'm signing up....when I get back from vacation because I don't want to miss out on the 30 dayer!!!!! Best of luck to you, Jessica. This sight is amazing. Can anyone tell me how or where to get business cards when I do not have access to the Pampered Chef logo yet? I want to be fully prepared for my first show and look as professional as I can be since I'm sure I'm going to be a nervous wreck. I'd like to focus the attention on something nice looking besides the food I'm going to burn or the ingredients I will inadvertantly leave out! :cool:

Thanks! Dena

Denarella said:
when I get back from vacation because I don't want to miss out on the 30 dayer!!!!! Best of luck to you, Jessica. This sight is amazing. Can anyone tell me how or where to get business cards when I do not have access to the Pampered Chef logo yet? I want to be fully prepared for my first show and look as professional as I can be since I'm sure I'm going to be a nervous wreck. I'd like to focus the attention on something nice looking besides the food I'm going to burn or the ingredients I will inadvertantly leave out! :cool:

Thanks! Dena

Best advice for your frist show.. go to vistaprint.com and order some cards to tide you over.... Their cheap and fast!!!!

Good luck!!

Welcome to our virtual cluster......Jessica!! Practice and ask questions, and take as many classes that are offered to you!!:D

Welcome!Dena, unless you're ordering cards from the official stationer, you can't have them printed with the logo. You can print them onto cards from your own computer with the logo, but you can't give it to a print shop. A lot of consultants get generic cards with aprons or food from Vista Print.

I figured as muchI'm sooooo excited to get started that Im just ITCHING to get my hands on anything to help me prepare! I've been on this site for two days absorbing stuff like a sponge! I don't want to do anything illegal and common sense tells me that using the logo before I actually sign the agreement is BAAADDDD...lol. I actually went to a cluster meeting on Monday night and now I'm even more excited. IT's KILLING me not to have the stuff yet! lol...:eek:

Denarella said:
I'm sooooo excited to get started that Im just ITCHING to get my hands on anything to help me prepare! I've been on this site for two days absorbing stuff like a sponge! I don't want to do anything illegal and common sense tells me that using the logo before I actually sign the agreement is BAAADDDD...lol. I actually went to a cluster meeting on Monday night and now I'm even more excited. IT's KILLING me not to have the stuff yet! lol...:eek:

When do you sign your agreement????

At the rate Im going......tomorrow night at my neighbor's party! I told my soon-to-be recruiter two weeks when I get back from my vacation. Its like a drug!!

Jessica:have you booked any shows yet?:D

I have booked my 4 shows for August! I hope to get more!!

Welcome Jessica!

Wooooowwwwwthat's awesome! Congratulations! I assume you're doing this full time?

It is my plan to do this full time...or as close to that as possible!! I am really wanting to do $1000 a month in commissions! Might be tough, huh?

From a company average standpoint, you're looking at about 8 shows per month. It won't necessarily be easy at first, but as you build a customer base, it's definitely doable. Just be sure to concentrate on income-producing activities like customer care calls.

That's great, Jessica!How can you NOT be optomistic especially with this website! I haven't even gotten my package yet and I'm spinning wheels because I'm raring to go! What are you going to make for your first show?:cool:

I've been reading for daysand this site is chockful of EXCELLENT advice tips, downloads and I'm EVER so appreciative to all of you. But I have a question...can someone please tell me what a WAVE is and why they're numbered? :rolleyes:

Waves are for National Conference, which was earlier this month. There are so many of us who go, that HO (Home Office) splits the US consultants into 3 groups and runs 3 consecutive, but identical, conferences. You have GOT to plan to go to Conference next year! It's in July, and starting in August, you can save for the registration through Conference Club: HO will take some money out of your month-end commission check and set it aside for registration.

that wasin Chicago, right?

This will be the best decision you have ever made!!! Just remember that when things get touch DON'T GIVE UP!!! Welcome and let us know if you need anything!!

Congratulations! Welcome to our virtual cluster.

Denarella said:
in Chicago, right?
Yes - National Conference is in Chicago.
The next big event is Leadership Summit in January. You must be a Future Director (2 or more active recruits) or above to be invited to attend. You absolutely can qualify to be there and get some awesome training! This year, it's in Cincinnati, OH. (That reminds me, I have to go update the leadership countdown thread.)

Sooooo what is.......considered active in your recruits? They have to do their minimum in shows? My recruiter is a Future Leader and I think I make her a Director? How many does that entail?

Thank you all for your well wishes.......I'm so excited to see my recruiter tonight! Im bursting at the seams! That with the combination of not having any men at home tonight and the PC party is next door! WHOO HOO!!!!!

My recruiter made a dessert the other night. It was in the bar pan...looked fudgy and she said it was new....anyone have an inkling? I had to leave early to pick up my son so I never got to taste it!!! She hasnt answered my emails in a few days but I will see her tonight....

To be active you have to submit $200 in orders over every 2 month period.

A future director has 2-4 people under them. A director has 5+ active recruits under them (and has to accept directorship, some wait to have a larger/more stable team before promoting).

Denarella said:

My recruiter made a dessert the other night. It was in the bar pan...looked fudgy and she said it was new....anyone have an inkling? I had to leave early to pick up my son so I never got to taste it!!! She hasnt answered my emails in a few days but I will see her tonight....

Possibly she made something from the new Chocolate bliss theme. I've attached a PDF with recipes and hints/tips for this theme that can be downloaded from CC (consultant corner/pampered chef's area for consultants).

Attachments

• ts_cb_guide.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 265
You ladies are like.......a walking PC encylopedia......its AMAZING!!!! My Idols! ;) THANK YOU!

That dessert sounds like the nutty caramel brownies. They're really, really, really good. Really. So good.

Welcome Jessica! Where in Alabama are you from? I live in Florence! Maybe we live close!! Well welcome to this site and welcome to Pampered Chef!

WHoo HOOO....You cannot imagine how well this Chocolate Bliss goes over with my girlfriends....its like a drug! This may be my Open House theme! When does this theme begin? Is it out already? :eek: Im shaking like an excited puppy!

It officially starts September 1. But you can go ahead and show it before then, as long as you don't use new products.

BTW- most (if not all) of the dessert recipes in the Fall SBRC (Season's Best cookbook) are chocolate, too.

Yikes...This is incredible! My first shows wont be until September anyway! WHOO HOO!!!!

Jessica & Denarella, you should consider doing mega shows in your first 30 days to boost your sales and bookings. A mega show is where you invite multiple hosts (and their respective guests) to one location and have all the shows at once. Make sure to keep their orders separate (have the guest write their hosts' first name on their receipt or something) so that each host will credit for the sales from their respective guests. Have some food pre-made and do a couple fun games.. And then promote booking like NUTS! (there are things on here to help you promote). Good to see you here and glad you joined the PC family -- the amount of information on this site from the ladies and gentlemen here is astounding!!

You Go Girl!!!!

My advise is:

Just Keep It Simple.
Follow PC's guide for Host Calls, etc. No need to reinvent the wheel.
Keep Your Excitement. If your excited so will your customers (I mean potential Hosts!!).

It sounds like you're off to a great start. Just a bit of advice... I've been a consultant for a year and I only just started to take advantage of this incredibe site. What a big mistake that was!!! CS is amazing!!! I've learned more in the past few weeks from this site than I have from my whole upline in the past year. Everyone here is GREAT!!!

It sounds like you're off to a great start. Just a bit of advice... I've been a consultant for a year and I only just started to take advantage of this incredibe site. What a big mistake that was!!! CS is amazing!!! I've learned more in the past few weeks from this site than I have from my whole upline in the past year. Everyone here is GREAT!!!

Related to How can I make the most of my new consultant journey?

1. How can I set myself up for success as a new consultant?

Congratulations on becoming a Pampered Chef consultant! The best way to make the most of your new journey is to stay organized, create a strong network, and continuously educate yourself on the products and business. Make sure to reach out to your upline for support and attend any training events or webinars available to you. Also, don't be afraid to ask for help or advice from other experienced consultants.

2. How many shows should I aim for in my first 30 days?

The goal of 4 shows in your first 30 days is definitely achievable, but don't feel discouraged if you don't reach it. Focus on booking as many shows as you can and providing a great experience for your customers. The more shows you have, the more potential for sales and future bookings.

3. Can I write off my trip to the out-of-state show in my taxes?

As a consultant, you can write off business-related travel expenses, including the trip to the out-of-state show. Keep track of any receipts and make sure to consult with a tax professional for more specific details on what can be deducted.

4. Do you have any advice or tips for a successful show?

First and foremost, always be prepared and organized. Make sure to have all the necessary tools and products with you for the show. Also, engage with your guests and make them feel welcome and excited about the products. Use your own personal experiences and stories to showcase the benefits of the products. Lastly, don't forget to follow up with your customers after the show to thank them and offer any additional assistance.

5. Any words of encouragement for a new consultant?

Starting a new business can be daunting, but remember to stay positive and have fun with it! Don't get discouraged if things don't go perfectly, just use it as a learning experience. Continuously set goals for yourself and celebrate your achievements, no matter how small they may seem. You've got this!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AngelaM
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MrsNetNut404