• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I make my Pampered Chef parties more entertaining and fun?

In summary, the author discusses how she tries to be funny and have fun with her shows, and how this usually translates into a fun party for her guests. She also mentions games and how they can be a great way to break the ice and get to know each other.
mamadugan
Gold Member
o./k. I think I have the show down...the intro, product knowledge and such BUT I WANT it to be more ENTERTAINING for the guests instead of a lot of words.....I want to be fun.........Can you give me some examples of how you make your shows FUN??? Like everyone wants to be at your show because you are a GREAT entertainer with a lot of NEAT ideas....Pepping up the show...I kow this will get me more bookings!!!

I have fun shows, but I'm not sure it's something that can be replicated. I think it's partly personality. I tend to joke around about myself, and with my guests....and I tell funny stories about my own and others experiences in the kitchen, or with the tools. I'm having fun, and I think that translates into everyone having fun.
One thing that I started doing this year that everyone seems to really enjoy is the "secret word" game. (from the Interactive Shows DVD) I hand the person closest to me a product (I've been using stuff I've ordered from the outlet) and tell them that every time I say the word "incredible" they have to pass it to the next person. At the end of the party, whoever is holding it gets to keep it. If there are 12 or more, I pass 2 products at the same time (staggered).
Sometimes my parties get a little out of hand - but my goal is to be in the middle of the action if they do!

I do mostly interactive shows and ask for a lot of input. I think I say "who has this" at least 20 times in my show. :)

I am totally a goof... if I was blonde it would make perfect sense!! I make messes, never play games (I tell everyone that up front - my show is gammy enough!), and crack all sorts of jokes. Like ChefBecky, it's personality. It works for me, but there are alot of consultants who are very successful and are more "normal."

You have to play with what you got. If you are funny, upbeat person, then be that. If you are not, then don't attempt it unless you practice. Nothing worse than someone trying to be funny and it just turns out making the person look stupid. I am funny, smark alecky, and always have something to say in real life. My shows are pretty much the same. I don't really step out of my comfort zone!

Another thing, I just thought of, I tend to attact hostesses that are looking for someone like me, or are like me. It all comes back to personality and relationships. Just my 2.1 cents

I tend to tell personal stories--especially family stories. Case in point: My aunt was at a party I was doing. I said that the scrapers are heat-safe. You can cook with them, and they won't melt. My aunt interrupted me and said, "Now, Rae Michelle [that's what that side of the family calls me], you say they won't melt. But, when Sheilia's house burned down, her's melted."Yes, Aunt Catherine, in the 1,200 degrees of a house fire every single bit of your Pampered Chef stuff will be gone. Gone!It always gets a giggle. As a matter of fact, I have guests and hosts who request the story.

raebates said:
I tend to tell personal stories--especially family stories.

Case in point: My aunt was at a party I was doing. I said that the scrapers are heat-safe. You can cook with them, and they won't melt. My aunt interrupted me and said, "Now, Rae Michelle [that's what that side of the family calls me], you say they won't melt. But, when Sheilia's house burned down, her's melted."

Yes, Aunt Catherine, in the 1,200 degrees of a house fire every single bit of your Pampered Chef stuff will be gone. Gone!

It always gets a giggle. As a matter of fact, I have guests and hosts who request the story.

That's hilarious Rae. But in her mind she gotcha!
HA HA HA

I try to play games, and I also try to get my guests to interact with me and each other. I ask them about their favorite products, what types of foods they cook with them, etc...

I also love to do the OPEN the CAN RACE with a generic can opener and ours. After they are done I give them both tops and ask which they would not mind their toddler or child to get a hold of from the counter. It's funny the ooohs and ahhhs I get with that.

I love games and they are great ice breakers. It's hilarious to watch women dig through their purses for things on my list and pull out things we all laugh at (old chewed up gum, undeveloped film from years ago, a chew toy for their dog, and a can of mace!)

Debbie :chef:

I have been doing a lot more interacting b/c I just hate to be "on display" with blank stares. At each party I try to play at least 1 ice breaker that is different for ea. Then I will usually do 1 that highlights products with poker chips and no cards gets everyone to have a chance, find diff. uses for the same product from others, more people will tend to buy if someone other than the consultant recommends it.

Carey

I add a lot of humor to my show, mostly stolen from other consultants- When I am showing the spatula's I say," this is the only safe silicone for women. These are my Baywatch babes -A cup, B cup, C&D (lifting skinny, classic, small & large Mix & stir, in order)

Sometimes, depending on the crowd, when I am showing the Santoku, I say,. " I call this my Lorena Bobitt knife"

I am a closet stand up comic and my shows help me channel Whoopi Goldberg! If you are having fun, they are having fun!

mrssyvo said:
I add a lot of humor to my show, mostly stolen from other consultants- When I am showing the spatula's I say," this is the only safe silicone for women. These are my Baywatch babes -A cup, B cup, C&D (lifting skinny, classic, small & large Mix & stir, in order)

Sometimes, depending on the crowd, when I am showing the Santoku, I say,. " I call this my Lorena Bobitt knife"

I say something like that with the Salad Choppers...."If Lorena Bobbit had wanted to really do the job right, she would have used these!":D

Love it, Becky- may I steal it?

I want to hear some more funny stories about the products--- keep them coming!

I have a few male customers who LOVE the Pizza Cutter to cut DryWall - they LOVE claiming they built a house with a PC Pizza Cutter.

I always tell the story of a customer who baked a cake in the CBB and LEFT THE SMALL MIX N SCRAPER IN IT WHILE IT BAKED (don't know HOW - but she forgot it) - and it DIDN"T MELT.

The Prep Bowls make great boobie cakes for men.

My DH prefers the Small Mix N Scraper over the Regular-sized Mix N Scraper. It fits better in his mouth when I am done mixing brownie mix.

People always laugh when I tell them I am the WORLD'S WORST COOK - yet I sell Pampered Chef.

I had a customer call me in a RAGE once because she baked the "barbie" cake in the CBB~she was ticked because Barbie melted and ruined her cake...........really!

mrssyvo said:

I say the exact same thing. Or I call it the Crocodile Dundee knife.

But Becky's is MUCH better!:love:

chefmeg said:
I am a closet stand up comic and my shows help me channel Whoopi Goldberg! If you are having fun, they are having fun!

that's interesting! I wish I had that talent!........I'm just a smart-aleck clumsy goofball. I think people book with me in the hopes I'll ruin something in their house so they can get it replaced.;):blushing:

On a serious side I think what all these gals are saying is that if you are having fun, your crowd will to.
I always feel like I am a guest in their home and I was invited to a party. So I act that way. I am nice and social, I don't make demands and I let the host direct how the party goes.
I am fun, and funny, so they tell me. I have a really loud distinctive laugh and I so do not take myself or my job seriously.
HTH

Well said, Cheryl. It's important not to try to force the entertainment. If you're a gracious guest and enjoying yourself, the host and her guests will enjoy themselves. If you're not funny, don't try to be. You'll come across as desperate. Stepping outside your comfort zone is good. Pretending to be something you're not isn't.

chefmeg said:
I had a customer call me in a RAGE once because she baked the "barbie" cake in the CBB~she was ticked because Barbie melted and ruined her cake...........really!

:eek:
wow....

amy07 said:
that's interesting! I wish I had that talent!........I'm just a smart-aleck clumsy goofball. I think people book with me in the hopes I'll ruin something in their house so they can get it replaced.;):blushing:

I have always had dreams of being on stage~singing or comedy would be the way to go for me~but never really had the guts to do it. My shows are my outlet~it allows me to be in a more controlled environment and still make people laugh and have fun doing it! I must say, I am a very sarcastic chick and have to rein myself in most of the time!

chefmeg said:

That woman needed serious help! Barbie isn't made of silicone! LOL!:eek:

It made me very aware that I had to be specific with my instructions at my shows as not everyone has common sense!!! I also had a guest tell me once that the handles of her cookware weren't cool to the touch like I had told her they would be....after talking with her a little more, cometo find out that she meant they weren't cool to the touch when they came out of the 400 degree oven.............DUH!!!!

Didn't read all of the replies but as for the funny stories...

My sister who does NOT cook was baking a casserole (aliens invaded her body for a few brief moments). Now you have to understand that this is a 35 year old woman who, to the best of my knowledge has never even boiled water! She doesn't do frozen pizzas, chicken nuggets, nothing! In fact I had an electrical fire at my home a few years back and I had to stay with her during the repair. She had lived in her apartment for over a year, mind you. So, I'm gonna cook dinner the first night that I'm there. The stove won't work. We spent a couple of minutes trying to figure out what's going on before we realize that it's never even been plugged up!!
Back to the story...she is baking a casserole and she does all of the prep work and the phone starts ringing just as she is finishing up so she can stick it in the oven. So, she's in a hurry to get the phone. She throws the casserole in the oven sets the timer and runs to get the phone. Talks to my sister for about 30 minutes until her timer goes off.
She takes out her first beautiful casserole that is perfect!!
She starts to dish some out and feels something hard in her chicken casserole. It was the scrapper that she was using when the phone rang!
She still has it and it looks like new!! Of course, she doesn't use it much!!

The humor has to come out naturally! I guess I like to just joke with the crowd as we go along and it kind of keeps everyone focused. I choose a very quick recipe and have not found a comfort zone with the interactive parties. I always get products in people's hands, however.

My last party was with a bunch that have several other direct sales parties and they commented on how they love the PC parties the most. I have another customer that will go to or host no other party but a PC party!

1. What are some easy and impressive appetizers to serve during a Pampered Chef show?

Some popular and simple appetizers to serve during a Pampered Chef show include bruschetta, mini quiches, and cheese and cracker platters. Our Mini Deep Covered Baker is also perfect for making hot dips and spreads.

2. Can I serve alcohol during my Pampered Chef show?

We do not recommend serving alcohol during Pampered Chef shows, as it may hinder the focus on the products and recipes being demonstrated. We want our guests to have a fun and educational experience!

3. How can I involve my guests in the cooking process during my show?

There are many ways to get your guests involved in the cooking process during your Pampered Chef show! You can have them help with measuring and mixing ingredients, passing around the products being demonstrated, or even having a guest be your "sous chef" for a recipe.

4. Is it okay to have children at my Pampered Chef show?

We love having children at our shows, as it can be a fun and educational experience for them as well! However, we do recommend having a designated adult to supervise them during the show to ensure their safety and the smooth running of the demonstration.

5. Can I customize the menu for my Pampered Chef show?

Absolutely! We encourage our hosts to choose recipes and products that they are interested in and feel would best suit their guests' preferences. We also have a variety of dietary options, such as gluten-free and vegetarian, to accommodate any dietary restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• karenschulte
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • PamperMeDawn
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • Tammie Allen