• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director How can I get my team to take on more responsibilities during meetings?

S
sildenafilforte
I recently heard that when you give your team responsibilities they will be more likely to attend...any of you have jobs you delegate? would you share?

Sandra

I have a couple of consultants bring a new recipe prepared for us to enjoy. I ask them to share if this would be good for a show, what type of prep is needed and what products are showcased. It is good to have this direct feedback about a recipe. Some Consultants are hesitant to try a new recipe especially if their family is picky. We are always open to trying something new at a Cluster Meeting.

Yeah I tried that. Didn't work too well.

Me too. What's funny is that in my former hospitality cluster, everyone jumped on this and were battling to take the jobs.My team won't embrace it. They either blow it off (the meeting after saying they would come) or show up and not *feel* like doing their duty. :mad:

finley1991 said:
My team won't embrace it. They either blow it off (the meeting after saying they would come) or show up and not *feel* like doing their duty. :mad:

Exactly what usually happens at my meetings. I do have one :angel: and sometimes a second person that are always offering to make a recipe and others who just come to eat and will either not offer or, if they are asked to bring something, always have a last minute reason to miss the meeting. :mad:

Related to How can I get my team to take on more responsibilities during meetings?

1. How can I get my team to take on more responsibilities during meetings?

One way to encourage your team to take on more responsibilities during meetings is to clearly communicate the expectations and goals of the meeting beforehand. This will give your team members a sense of ownership and purpose, making them more likely to actively contribute.

2. I recently heard that when you give your team responsibilities they will be more likely to attend. Is this true?

Yes, this is often true. When team members are given responsibilities, they feel more invested in the success of the project or meeting, and are therefore more likely to attend and actively participate.

3. Do any of you have jobs you delegate? Would you share?

Yes, as a scientist, I often delegate tasks to my research team. For example, I may assign one team member to conduct experiments, another to analyze data, and another to write up results for publication. This allows for a more efficient use of time and resources, and also gives team members the opportunity to develop new skills and take on more responsibilities.

4. What are some effective ways to delegate responsibilities during meetings?

First, clearly define the tasks and responsibilities that need to be delegated. Then, consider each team member's strengths and assign tasks accordingly. Be sure to communicate the expectations and goals for each task, and provide support and guidance as needed. It can also be helpful to rotate responsibilities among team members to ensure a fair distribution of tasks.

5. How can I ensure that my team members are able to handle the responsibilities I delegate to them?

To ensure that your team members are able to handle their assigned responsibilities, it is important to provide them with the necessary resources, support, and training. This could include providing access to relevant information, offering mentorship or coaching, and providing opportunities for skill development. Regular check-ins and feedback can also help to ensure that tasks are being completed successfully.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CoidgigBese
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chef_dagian
  • Malinda Klein