• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I fix my green-stained stone in time for my upcoming show?

In summary, a green stone is a type of stoneware used for cooking and baking. It is made from natural clay and is designed to distribute heat evenly for thorough cooking. However, it is not safe for use in the microwave and should be hand washed with warm water and mild soap. Metal utensils should also be avoided, as they can scratch the surface. The stone may develop a crack if exposed to extreme temperature changes, but it is still safe to use as long as the crack is not too large or deep.
IAmChefJ
Ok, not the most brilliant thing I've ever done, but I used my green potholders to take my round stone with handles out of the oven, and now my stone handles are green too! It looks horrible, and I can't get it out. I've tried the baking soda paste, didn't do a thing... how can I get my stone dark quickly to try and cover this? I want to use it in a show Friday...

Virtually non-porous so it won't absorb orders, and easily dye-able to match the holiday season! Try one of our stones today!

Help!

That is odd - email the Test Kitchen about it.

Sounds odd, but try vinegar - it's my solution for EVERYTHING! ;)

Do you mean green fuzz off the potholders or actual dye?

I've had dye come off on my stones as well. What worked for me was a baking soda/water paste. Slather it on there and let it sit for a good 5 minutes or so; repeat as needed. Good luck!

I should add if it is dye, burn those potholders!!! Nobody/nothing messes with my stoneware :)

Yes, potholders definitely TRASHED! It's dye, and the first thing I did was do a baking soda paste, which didn't work. Will go try vinegar now.

thats happened to me with scrub sponges. Hubby tried to get some spots off with it and the stone turned BLUE. The other one was Burgendy! LOL Oh well, they didn't come off with anything!

1. What is a green stone and how do I use it?

A green stone is a type of stoneware used for cooking and baking. It is made from natural clay and is designed to distribute heat evenly for thorough cooking. To use, preheat the stone in the oven and then place your food directly on the stone for cooking.

2. Can I use the green stone in the microwave?

No, the green stone is not safe for use in the microwave. It is meant for use in the oven only.

3. How do I clean my green stone?

The green stone is dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing with warm water and a mild soap. Do not use harsh chemicals or abrasives, as it can damage the stone. Also, avoid soaking the stone in water for extended periods of time.

4. Can I use metal utensils on the green stone?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on the green stone as it can scratch the surface. We suggest using silicone, nylon, or wooden utensils instead.

5. Why does my green stone have a crack in it?

The green stone may develop a crack if it is exposed to extreme temperature changes. To prevent this, always allow the stone to cool down completely before washing it with cold water or placing it in the fridge. If your stone does crack, it is still safe to use as long as the crack is not too large or deep.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies