• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host a Frugal Bridal Shower in April with Low-Key Activities | Expert Tips

In summary, the Bridal Shower host is undecided if she wants a demo or not. The guest suggests a savory demo and the bride is in support of that. She suggests the Greek Torta as a possible appetizer or main course. The guest suggests a dessert demo and the bride is in support of that. The guest offers to make the dessert in the trifle bowl and the bride is in support of that.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
I have a bridal shower coming up in April. One of the hosts is a past host of mine & has attended several 'offspring' parties from hers. I know her to be very frugal with her funds.

Here's my delima (sp?)... I've asked her how involved she wants me to be. Here is her response:
I'm planning on having a pretty low-key shower. I'll probably make a dessert in my Trifle Bowl and then maybe make some sort of fruit salad. Then, of course, we'll also have cake and drinks.

I've got plenty of "door-prize" items, so I might try to come up with a game to do, or maybe just draw names for prizes. I thought that maybe you could kind of take the lead at the beginning and do the demonstration and explanations of products, and then as people ate and looked through the catalog we could do a game or draw for prizes.

What should I do as a demo? I don't want to have to have enough of a recipe for 50 people. The time of the shower is 2:00, so I wouldn't think people would be expecting to eat a full PC recipe. What do ya'll think?

Maybe she isn't expecting a demo. Which would be ok, I would have her get a potato (santuko knife), carrot (crinkle cutter), tomato (mandoline), etc. See where I am going?

It doesnt sound like she wants a demo, but I would get that cleared with her. Or maybe YOU do the demo for the trifle bowl...communicate with your host that is important.

Good luck

It sounds like they're having a lot of sweet things, so I think something savory would be appreciated by the guests. How about the Greek Torta? You can make it in prep bowls so you can put one at each table for the guests to eat from. It also wouldn't be really expensive.

I would do the Lime and Cucumber demo. Or do like Vanessa suggeted and just use common things to present the products.

Sounds like she does not need any additional food to me.

I agree with Ann here. If you do anything, do something that contrasts all the sugar. Otherwise, do the product demos and a no food show. Have you ever done an "Amazing Potato" demo? Its $5 and really gets the guests involved and you could turn it into a game.
I would ask your host to be a little more specific in the plans for the shower, if it were me.

Do you mind sharing the "Amazing Potato" demo? I'm not familiar with it...
thanks!

chefann said:
How about the Greek Torta? You can make it in prep bowls so you can put one at each table for the guests to eat from. /QUOTE]

That is a great idea!! I love it!

Two suggestions to make your part of the party worth the effort.
Have your hostess give the Bride our catalog in advance and have her
register with your website, so folks will know in advance what she wants.
Have your hostess insert cards or a line in the invites to direct folks to
your website. Let them order in advance, and have the party sent to
you.

You Wrap the gifts and take them to the party. You can take pictures
as folks open the PC products. You will not need to do a demo, as the
items she is opening will be the best advertisement you could ask for.

Give your hostess the opportunity to benefit by taking the half price items
for herself, along with her and the new bride being C0-hostess, and both getting the 10% for the next year. You can let the hostess decide if
she wants to share the FREE PRODUCTS with the bride. It she is really frugal she might want to use them as her gift to the Bride, and not have to spend
money herself. Or, she might want to select an item from the Registry and
buy it at half price for a wedding gift.

I did a party for a cousin in a similar manner. It worked out that two folks
purchased cookware for her at 60% off, as host and past hostess, during Feb.

Why don't YOU offer to make the dessert in the trifle bowl? Ask her what she wants, if she isn't picky do the lemon blueberry trifle--huge hit, and doesn't cost much at all, if you do angel food cake instead of the pound cake. And you could demo the tools by preparing the fruit platter, using the Crinkle cutter, Chef's Knife, egg slicer+, core N more, etc. If she's doing a beverage, like a punch, ask her what kind she is doing--the standard bridal shower which is some kind of juice, 7 up and sherbet, can be mixed in the QS pitcher and served in a punch bowl--if she's serving food anyway, you could demo and prepare it for the guests....

Related to Host a Frugal Bridal Shower in April with Low-Key Activities | Expert Tips

What are some low-key activities for a frugal bridal shower in April?

Some low-key activities for a frugal bridal shower in April include creating a DIY mimosa bar, hosting a game night with bridal shower-themed games, or having a spa day with homemade face masks and manicures.

How can I save money on decorations for a frugal bridal shower in April?

You can save money on decorations for a frugal bridal shower in April by using items you already have around the house, such as vases or picture frames, and repurposing them with some DIY touches. You can also opt for simple and inexpensive decorations like balloons and streamers.

What are some budget-friendly food options for a frugal bridal shower in April?

Some budget-friendly food options for a frugal bridal shower in April include a potluck-style meal where each guest brings a dish, serving small bites and appetizers instead of a full meal, or making homemade dishes rather than ordering catering.

Are there any tips for keeping the cost of a frugal bridal shower in April down?

Yes, there are several tips for keeping the cost of a frugal bridal shower in April down. You can opt for a brunch or afternoon tea instead of a full meal, ask guests to bring a dish or contribute to the shower in some way, and shop for decorations and supplies at discount stores or online.

How can I make a frugal bridal shower in April feel special and memorable?

You can make a frugal bridal shower in April feel special and memorable by focusing on personal touches and thoughtful details. This can include creating homemade favors, incorporating the couple's favorite things into the decorations and activities, and adding personalized touches like a photo slideshow or memory book.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Lisa F.
  • ChefBeckyD