• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hit and Run Victim: What Happens Next?

In summary, the speakers discuss a hit and run incident in which the narrator's vehicle was damaged. They share their frustration and thankfulness for a witness who provided information about the culprit's vehicle and insurance. The narrator has filed a claim and is waiting for the insurance company to contact the other driver. They also mention the importance of letting the insurance companies handle the situation and express relief that no one was harmed in the incident.
jrstephens
We were off work yesterday for President's Day. Me and Luke met my mom for lunch. A girl came in the restaurant and asked who drove the green Trailblazer out there, well, that would be me.

She saw someone back into my vehicle and then leave. She described the truck. I got her info. When she got back to work she described the truck and some guys new the person and he was a customer of their business and they got his address for me.

I called the police and filed an accident report and gave him all the info. They called me last night and they had contacted the man that hit me and got all his info for the report.

I went and picked it up and have called to process the claim. He had not called to process it yet. He was given all my info, but I have not heard from him at all.

I do not know if he knew he had hit me or not. I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt.

My front fender has a crack in it and will probably have to be replaced. The insurance claim person is suppose to call me within 24-48 hours of me filing the claim.

Just thought I would share my frustration and THANKFULLNESS for that witness and the he has insurance! My vehicle is leased, so, it has to be fixed like new to not count against me.

Jennifer - you should not have to contact him and he should not be calling you. The insurance companies SHOULD be dealing with it.I hope it works out well!

I just got off the phone with his insurance company. They opened the claim and will contact him and get back with me in 24-48 hours.

I just would have thought he would call to apologize or something but I know that is not the world today.

Not only thankfulness that someone witnessed it and was courteous enough to actually get involved, but that you and Luke weren't in the car or near the car at the time!!!
Keep us updated.

Thank goodness as well you werent in the car!!!!! It would have been much worse, esp. being pregnant!

Glad to hear you aren't harmed and Janet is right the insurance co. should be doing the contacting. Isnt that why we pay so much car insurance?

If you're going to have to go through a hit & run, it sounds like you had the best experience possible. Hope everything is taken care of quickly and easily.

Thank goodness you are all ok! Definitely let the insurance company handle everything. You shouldn't be talking with the other guys at all. Let yours do all the talking & be STRESS FREE! :D

If he did enough damage to crack you fender, how could he not have realized that he hit your car?

This past May a woman ran a red light and totaled my BRAND new car. (Literally just made the first payment that day!) Anyways, my little girl was 10 months old at the time, so I think that scared the sh*t out of her. She called me while I was at the hospital in tears and was extremely apologetic. I just told her that she should be more careful, but I know that she didn't do it on purpose. Everyone yelled at me for talking to her, but I know that if I was her I would've felt better after the conversation we had. People are pretty crappy these days, but sometimes good ones do exist, they just do stupid things...like run red lights:)

Last week some idiot was involved in a hit and run. He had outstanding warrants so he left the car at the scene...WITH A BABY IN THE BACK SEAT!! :eek: Never heard the full story. I'd think he had to be drinking or doing drugs too to be so stupid as to leave the baby there! My guess is that now the warrants are the LEAST of his problems!

I've never posted a link here before :eek: so let's hope this works!

http://orlando.injuryboard.com/auto-accidents/baby-left-behind-in-hit-and-run-accident.php

I was so scared when I saw the thread title, Jennifer thinking that you were in the vehicle when the accident happened and am so relieved to hear that you and Luke were not inside when this happened.

Let the insurance companies handle this--this is what they are supposed to do. You are very lucky that people weren't afraid to step up and help you get the necessary info to notify the police about the other vehicle and person driving. Not too many people today are willing to share info like that unfortunately.

Keep us posted. I trust that your insurance company will get this taken care of real fast.

Is there a follow up article? The date was the 14th. What a dope!

JAE said:
Is there a follow up article? The date was the 14th. What a dope!

When I googled "hit and run baby left", that's the only article that came up. There's got to be more, I just didn't see any thing else.

I'm so glad you weren't in the car and are okay!

I witnessed a hit & run a few years ago. A person ran a red light. They hit the other car so bad the other person could not drive. I was waiting at the light and luckily heading the same direction the "idiot" was driving. I followed him/her just long enough to get the license number and make/model of the car. I went back and gave it to the person who was hit. I also gave them my name and phone number in case they needed me to talk to the police. I couldn't wait for them since I was on my way to pick up my kids.

I did get a message from the police on my answering machine before I arrived home. I called the officer back, but he never did call me back again. Maybe he was just making sure it was the correct name w/the phone number.

I know many people would not do this for someone else, but I couldn't just let that go.

Glad there was a witness so it will be taken care of!! And that you weren't IN the car!!

His insurance company has approved my claim. I am to take it in to get it fixed and call them if I need a rental car.

I am thinking of doing something for the witness as a thank you. Without her I would NEVER have been able to make this claim against the offender?
Any suggestions?

jrstephens said:
His insurance company has approved my claim. I am to take it in to get it fixed and call them if I need a rental car.

I am thinking of doing something for the witness as a thank you. Without her I would NEVER have been able to make this claim against the offender?
Any suggestions?

Something PC of course! :)

Maybe a timer? Thank you for giving up some of your time to tell me what happened... ???

Some sprinkles? Thank you for being so sweet and helpful?

Cute ideas Janet!

You could also get some Lifesaver candy...make a little basket of sorts.

Good ideas Janet and yes of course something PC--who couldn't use anything from our great line of products!

Cute, cute catchy idead. I love you girls and guys - I could never be this creative on my own!

I am submitting a show this weekend that I could get something with. And even use my FPV.

It will defenitely include PC stuff.

Related to Hit and Run Victim: What Happens Next?

What should I do if I was a victim of a hit and run?

If you were a victim of a hit and run, the first thing you should do is call 911 and report the incident. Make sure to provide as much information as possible, such as the make and model of the car, license plate number, and any other details you remember. It's also important to seek medical attention if needed and document any injuries or damages.

Will my insurance cover the damages if I was a victim of a hit and run?

It depends on your insurance policy and the type of coverage you have. Some insurance companies offer uninsured motorist coverage, which can help cover damages if the driver who hit you does not have insurance or cannot be identified. It's best to contact your insurance provider to discuss your coverage options.

Can I still file a claim if I didn't get the license plate number of the hit and run driver?

Yes, you can still file a claim even if you didn't get the license plate number. It's important to gather as much information as possible, such as a description of the car and driver, witness statements, and any other evidence that can help identify the hit and run driver.

What if I was a victim of a hit and run while driving a rental car?

If you were driving a rental car and were a victim of a hit and run, you should follow the same steps as you would if you were driving your own car. Contact the rental car company and your insurance provider to report the incident and discuss your coverage options.

Do I need to hire a lawyer if I was a victim of a hit and run?

It's not always necessary to hire a lawyer in cases of hit and run. However, if you have suffered serious injuries or significant damages, it may be beneficial to consult with a lawyer who specializes in personal injury cases. They can help you navigate the legal process and ensure you receive fair compensation for your losses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
winklermom
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies