• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Lemon Juice Keep Bananas Fresh in Trifle?

In summary, the best way to keep produce fresh is to store it in the refrigerator at around 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Leftovers can last 3-4 days in an airtight container in the fridge and baked goods can be stored at room temperature or in the fridge, or frozen for longer storage. It is not safe to keep food at room temperature for extended periods of time as it can lead to bacteria growth and potential foodborne illness. Signs of spoiled food include changes in appearance, smell, and texture. When in doubt, it's best to throw it out to ensure food safety.
ChefMary412
I want to make the banana choc. trifle from the newest SB.... if I make it around noon, will it still be good if refrigerated to serve around 4? we have to go "family hoping". I was going to wait to put the top layer of banana on until it is about to be served. I just worry about the other bananas... I am hoping the lemon juice will make it stay.
Thanks!!

yes it will keep, in fact I personally like this one better when it has been sitting.

the lemon juice should work. I have found that using the lemon juice keeps any fruit from browning...even after you forgot there was a container with leftover whatever in it.

great.. thanks! I am off to make it!

Trifles are generally better when they sit for a couple of hours before serving than if they're served right away. The time allows the cake/cookie/brownie to soften and absorb the flavors from the pudding/custard/fruit.

Lemon-lime soda (reg, not diet Sprite, 7-Up, etc) or pineapple juice will work well, too.

Thanks... it was the hit of the evening! Everyone loved it... no leftovers for sure!

ChefMary412 said:
Thanks... it was the hit of the evening! Everyone loved it... no leftovers for sure!

Good to know, I'm making it tomorrow for a show. :thumbup:

What is the best way to keep produce fresh?

The best way to keep produce fresh is to store them in the refrigerator at the proper temperature. Most fruits and vegetables should be stored at around 40 degrees Fahrenheit. You can also use special containers or bags designed to keep produce fresh.

How long will my leftovers stay fresh in the fridge?

Leftovers can last anywhere from 3-4 days in the refrigerator. It's important to store them in an airtight container and reheat them to the proper temperature before consuming.

What can I do to make my baked goods last longer?

To make your baked goods last longer, store them in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator. You can also freeze them for longer storage. Wrapping them in plastic wrap or aluminum foil can also help prevent them from drying out.

Is it safe to keep food at room temperature for extended periods of time?

No, it is not safe to keep food at room temperature for extended periods of time. Bacteria can grow quickly at room temperature, increasing the risk of foodborne illness. It's best to store food in the refrigerator or freezer to keep it fresh and safe to eat.

How can I tell if my food has gone bad?

You can usually tell if food has gone bad by its appearance, smell, and texture. If it looks or smells off, or if the texture is slimy or mushy, it's best to throw it out. It's always better to err on the side of caution when it comes to food safety.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • beepampered
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sburnside