1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Help... will this keep fresh??

1. ChefMary412

ChefMary412 Advanced Member

I want to make the banana choc. trifle from the newest SB.... if I make it around noon, will it still be good if refrigerated to serve around 4? we have to go "family hoping". I was going to wait to put the top layer of banana on until it is about to be served. I just worry about the other bananas... I am hoping the lemon juice will make it stay.
    Thanks!!

Apr 11, 2009
  2. PCJenni

PCJenni Veteran Member

yes it will keep, in fact I personally like this one better when it has been sitting.

Apr 12, 2009
  3. pampered.chris

pampered.chris Veteran Member Gold Member

the lemon juice should work. I have found that using the lemon juice keeps any fruit from browning...even after you forgot there was a container with leftover whatever in it.

4. ChefMary412

great.. thanks! I am off to make it!

Apr 12, 2009
  5. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Trifles are generally better when they sit for a couple of hours before serving than if they're served right away. The time allows the cake/cookie/brownie to soften and absorb the flavors from the pudding/custard/fruit.

Apr 12, 2009
  6. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Lemon-lime soda (reg, not diet Sprite, 7-Up, etc) or pineapple juice will work well, too.

Apr 12, 2009
  7. ChefMary412

Thanks... it was the hit of the evening! Everyone loved it... no leftovers for sure!

Apr 13, 2009
  8. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Good to know, I'm making it tomorrow for a show. :thumbup:

Have something to add?