• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Raise Funds for a Veteran Wellness Center!

In summary, the conversation discusses a fundraiser for a Veteran's Wellness Center with a goal of $10,000 in sales. The host is personally inviting 1,000 people and putting up flyers in nearby towns. The participants suggest having informative segments and bringing consultants or friends to help, as well as having display areas for bookings, wedding registries, and recruiting. There is also talk of having food for people to try, but it may be difficult to provide for a large number of people. Some participants suggest having no food or demo and instead having information at each product section and having helpers at check out. Direct shipping is also suggested as an option. The conversation also mentions a similar fundraiser for a middle school with 900 students, where catalogs
Kristina21
I have a fund raiser coming up in Mid October for a Veteran's Wellness Center being built early next year. Fantastic Host/Chairperson, I've known him for about 4 years now, he was excited to have me do a fundraiser!

He is personally inviting 1,000 people to this (I doubt they will be all in the same room at the same time) Plus he is putting up flyers everywhere in the 2 closest towns to where he lives. His goal is $10,000 in sales (at least).

How do you do a fundraiser of this size? Should there be a demo or food or I dunno! I need help!

Holy Moly!! THat's awesome----I have never done a FR let alone one that size. Skip the demo is my opinion---I would do an informative segment and bring some consultants to help (or friends) if possible!!

Keep us posted on the outcome!

I would also see if you can get some cluster members of friends to help you with check out and such. You want to make sure that you are available to answer questions and show products. Same reason I would not do an actual demo. If you really want to have food for people to try I would have it almost completely assembled and just do the last finishing touch. Something like Tuxedo Brownie Cups, have all but a batch or two topped and just pipe the filling and serve. (plus the recipe makes a lot!)

So just a display of products with information areas? I am thinking that tables about bookings, wedding registries, and recruiting would be needed too.I'm not sure I would be able to have enough food for that many people...how could I pull that off?

For something that large, I wouldn't even try to have the usual food. Take a bag of pretzels and make a couple of the seasonings into dips. Maybe make a batch of beer bread mini muffins (cut them in half so they serve even more, too) to go with the dips as well.

where is scottcooks?! he has the best fundraiser ideas...

I would do a section of each of our selections (stoneware, cookware, SA, favorites etc) and have information at each section - ABSOLUTELY have help at check out - those helpers could also "man' a section to answer any and all questions - No food or demo - you could have some chopping food for the favorites section. SO they can try the products - Maybe put a lead box for a free show or drawing of somekind - Make sure all checks have telephone numbers (and maybe ask for a license) - With that many people - you might want to have direct ship as well!!!

I am right now grtting ready for a middle school fundraiser with 900 students. I have put together a letter and some outside order forms and also gift cet forms , I am going to go an open house to jest explain everything , raffle, and then the next day pass out the packets. alos this is on my pws so they can order that way too ALL DRECT SHIPPING so this will be a bit easier.

I know all will not participate but if only 1/2 do it can bee great . We will have to keep in touch to see how we get through it

for the open house thats alot of food to have to do that's still up in the air right now

chef131doreen said:
I am right now grtting ready for a middle school fundraiser with 900 students. I have put together a letter and some outside order forms and also gift cet forms , I am going to go an open house to jest explain everything , raffle, and then the next day pass out the packets. alos this is on my pws so they can order that way too ALL DRECT SHIPPING so this will be a bit easier.

I know all will not participate but if only 1/2 do it can bee great . We will have to keep in touch to see how we get through it

for the open house thats alot of food to have to do that's still up in the air right now
so for 900 people, do you put a catalog in each packet? fundraisers are new to me.

yes , 1 catalog , letter. 5 outside order forms , 1 page with gift cet info

PamperedDor said:
I would do a section of each of our selections (stoneware, cookware, SA, favorites etc) and have information at each section - ABSOLUTELY have help at check out - those helpers could also "man' a section to answer any and all questions - No food or demo - you could have some chopping food for the favorites section. SO they can try the products - Maybe put a lead box for a free show or drawing of somekind - Make sure all checks have telephone numbers (and maybe ask for a license) - With that many people - you might want to have direct ship as well!!!

I agree, phone numbers and drivers license numbers for EVERY check and EVERY order!!! Even credit card orders. Granted cash wouldn't need a license number, but I would still get phone numbers and of course addresses for direct ship. I wouldn't want orders w/o phone numbers just in case there is an issue.

With the driver's license numbers you can get bad checks and credit cards cleared up really fast!!

Oh yeah, and BEST of luck!! This sounds GREAT!!!

I wouldn't do food. Just demo tables maybe and products.

I like the thought of a booking/recruiting table. That one I would manage myself!!

chef131doreen said:
yes , 1 catalog , letter. 5 outside order forms , 1 page with gift cet info

May I see a copy of you letter that you are using for the school. I'm thinking of offering to do a FR for our school.Have you done this before? The school has about 500 children. I would love to do this --but not to sure of what to expect. Any advice would be great.

Good luck with the BIG FR 1000 people WOW. I'm going to be dealing with this next year with our local Relay for Life. So I would love to hear your dos and don't when you wrap up. Again good luck!

Personally, for a large group-like 500 0r 900 students I would send some sort of letter home first asking if they would like to participate, then pass out packets. That would be really expensive paperwork wise to make that many packets when for sure they are not all going to do it. Guaranteed you will probably not receive any back either if they are not participating.
I do a fundraiser for a school with 25 families. Each family receives a packet(fundraising is mandatory but they don't have to do every fundraiser) Even they don't return them if they are not participating. Last year I received one back and 13 families participated.

maybe he can have it catered
I wouldn't have any food I would let that be his thing and I agree on having help taking orders

Related to Help Raise Funds for a Veteran Wellness Center!

What is the purpose of the Veteran Wellness Center fundraiser?

The purpose of the fundraiser is to raise funds to support the establishment of a wellness center specifically for veterans. This center will provide various services such as mental health support, physical therapy, and other wellness programs to help improve the overall well-being of veterans.

How will the funds be used?

All the funds raised through this fundraiser will be used to cover the costs of establishing and operating the Veteran Wellness Center. This includes building expenses, staff salaries, and program costs. Any remaining funds will be used to support ongoing operations and maintenance of the center.

Who will benefit from the Veteran Wellness Center?

The Veteran Wellness Center will benefit all veterans, regardless of their branch of service or discharge status. It will be open to all veterans and their families, and will provide a safe and supportive space for them to access various wellness services.

How can I contribute to the fundraiser?

There are several ways to contribute to the fundraiser. You can make a direct donation, purchase Pampered Chef products through the fundraiser party, or host your own fundraiser party with Pampered Chef products. You can also share the fundraiser with your friends and family to help spread the word and raise awareness.

Is my donation tax-deductible?

Yes, all donations made to the Veteran Wellness Center fundraiser are tax-deductible. Pampered Chef is partnering with a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization to ensure that all donations are tax-exempt to the fullest extent of the law. A tax receipt will be provided for all donations made.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • amand221
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefann
  • cookingwithdot
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies