• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Hour and 15Min Presentation.

In summary, Valerie has a dilemma because she was asked to do a presentation and demo for a Home Economics Conference by a company, but she is not sure what to talk about for an hour and fifteen minutes. She is also worried about being pushed to do more than she wants to.
Meigs
I have a huge dilemma on my hands.

About 3 weeks ago I was asked to have a booth at a Home Economics Conference involving our entire provence. About 130 lady's in attendance.
I thought wow what an opportunity to have a booth where there are so many ladies that are looking for things to use in there class rooms. I was totally excited and accepted. The booth was $40 plus a donation of a $30 item to the door prize. I also gave 100 mini catalogues to be used in the grab bags.

Here is my dilemma.....
This after noon I received an email saying that the PC rep that they had to do the demo portion is not able to make it, and they asked if I could do something. I WAS TOTALY SHOCKED!!! I had no idea that they had 2 PC REPS BOOKED. I replied back inquiring on what they were expecting and what was involved.
The only thing that I received back in return was a copy of what this other PC rep had written up in there brochure.
The name was on it an it turns out that this other rep is VERY big in my city and is the kind of rep that is quite pushy in sales. (I am not like this...) So she also would have probably over powered me in sales.
Anyway, she was to to an Hour and 15 min demo and presentation about PC and its products.

So, if she was able to make it, her and I would have been competing for bookings and sales. I am not happy about this at all!

Now, that she is not able to come, I have the opportunity to do the presentation. BUT WHAT DO I TALK ABOUT FOR AN HOUR AND 15 MIN!!!
My Cooking show demos are only 30 min. I am totally stuck.

And if I choose not to do the demo, they will ask someone else to do it so I will be in the same situation that there would be 2 of us.

I am sorry for the RANT and sloppy writing, but I am so frustrated that I don't know what to do.

Any thoughts fellow chefers?
Please!

Thanks in advance

Do two demonstrations....

I would find out why they want such a long demo/talk... if it's all in one stretch, that's really long to keep anyone's attention.
Valerie has a good idea - do 2 separate demos with a break in between, focusing on different products.
It sounds a bit stressful, but what a great opportunity! Keep us posted on how it works out!

I agree with Valerie and Lorraine. I would also say to make the demos as interactive as possible, to keep the interest of the audience.As far as being upset about there almost being two PC Consultants, this is a definite situation for bless and release. It almost happened, but it didn't. Next year, if you're invited back, verify up front how many reps there will be. For this year, don't let it ruin for you the excitement of this opportunity.

You could always do a cooking demo, a quick dessert demo then have them come up and try the products.

Ask for volunteers and have them do the demo(s)

Thanks so much everyone!!!
I think your all right! I am definitely going to make the best of it! I think it is a huge opportunity for me to expand my business.
I am going to start with introducing my self and talking about how I was introduced into the PC and see if anyone has any favorite products that they would like to share about. And then I am going to get some volunteers to help me with a demo or two that focus on key products.
Then maybe have a Q&A time and talk about the business Op.

How does that sound?

I would do 2 demo's also... but keep in mind that you're already $70 into it... and now you're expected to provide food samples for 130 ladies?? I hope not!

Event planners are not always the most up front, fair people.

Yes, just make sure that they are not expecing you to cater the event! Yikes!!!

I'd probably do an intro (name, how long in the business, etc), a brief description of PC & highlight some of it's products and then have a friendly competition! Make it interactive AND fun! Have guests fill out a contact form ;) as your drawing slips & then draw 5 or 6 people to come up & "compete" and let them entertain the crowd. Have various work stations (at least one extra than the # of people participating. 1st one to complete all the work stations wins! You can even ask for a volunteer to stand at each work station & make sure that the contestant completes the task. Maybe have a little card that each judge has to sign off on, and first one with their card filled, wins! Here are some "station" ideas:
  • Apple Wedger - make them core/wedge the apple (can be used as snacks for the guests afterward
  • Easy Accent Decorator - have them put a peanut butter star on top of ____ number of mini muffin brownies (then set them out as snacks for guests) - keep in mind that it's not fair for the last couple of contestants to wait while the EAD is refilled - so keep it a small number! Like maybe 2 or 3 each.
  • Bamboo Tongs or Saute Tongs - they have to transfer small pieces (like maybe grapes) from one PC serving tray/dish to another
  • Tool Turn-About - they have to take the tools laying on the table and "arrange" them into a pretty display
  • Microplane Adjustable Grater or Rotary Grater - they have to grate a precut (small) block of cheese
  • Easy Conversions Magnet - give them a slip of paper & make them find the conversion
  • i-slice - have them cut a coupon

Stay away from tasks where they could get in a hurry & cut themselves. No knives. ;)

Make the prize something small or talk the organization into letting your $30 donated item be the prize for the game.

Forgot to add ...

Do the booking & recruiting slide too!

Are you doing this as a fundraiser where a % of sales/bookings go to the organization? If so, make sure you cover that!

Give an incentive to the group if someone signs up at the event to be a consultant!

SHEILA!!!!! You are the best! Thank you so much for your fantastic Ideas!!!!!!!

I just found out that the presentation time is broken into groups and there are only going to be about 25 people in my group. So that is way easier to work with!!
But all 130 are going to be coming around to my Booth Part!

Related to Help! Hour and 15Min Presentation.

1. How long does a Pampered Chef Help! Hour and 15Min Presentation typically last?

A Pampered Chef Help! Hour and 15Min Presentation usually lasts for 1 hour and 15 minutes, as the name suggests. However, the duration may vary depending on the number of questions and interactions during the presentation.

2. What topics are usually covered in a Help! Hour and 15Min Presentation?

A Help! Hour and 15Min Presentation covers a variety of topics related to Pampered Chef products, recipes, and cooking techniques. Some common topics may include using specific kitchen tools, meal planning, and recipe ideas.

3. How can I attend a Help! Hour and 15Min Presentation?

There are a few ways to attend a Pampered Chef Help! Hour and 15Min Presentation. You can either host a presentation at your own home and invite friends and family, attend a presentation hosted by someone else, or join a virtual presentation online.

4. Is there a cost to attend a Help! Hour and 15Min Presentation?

No, there is no cost to attend a Pampered Chef Help! Hour and 15Min Presentation. It is a free event designed to educate and showcase Pampered Chef products and cooking techniques.

5. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products during a Help! Hour and 15Min Presentation?

Yes, you can purchase Pampered Chef products during a Help! Hour and 15Min Presentation. Our consultants will have products available for purchase and can assist you with any orders or questions you may have about the products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
Shell Northway
  • KayPT
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies