1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Booths Help from cookie exchange pros!

1. meganmcg

meganmcg Member

OK, so maybe I didn't think this all the way thru from the beginning, I do that sometimes....I decided last week to have a cookie exchange this weekend. Suppose I didn't think there would be much response since I have had lots of shows recently, but so far I have 11 coming. They are each to bring 3 dozen cookies (don't ask where the number came from - refer to first line of this post, lol!). So my question - do you just put all the cookies in one spot and let everyone pick and choose? Maybe say don't take any more than 4 of a certain one? The numbers don't even out for everyone to take the same amount of each type. Maybe I'm overthinking this but your assisitance would be appreciated! Thanks!

The really good news is that I was planning to use this just to keep active in December, but had a last minute show booked for next Tuesday - and she is inviting tons of people without me nudging her to do so! Yippee!

Dec 9, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I tell everyone to bring a container to fill. Then put the cookies on a table that is in an open space, so that people can walk around it. Have them start by taking 2 of each cookie, and then, everyone can go back around again. (that's how we do it at my cookie exchange shows, anyway...)

Dec 9, 2009
  3. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Dec 9, 2009
  4. meganmcg

meganmcg Member

Thank you both!

Dec 10, 2009
  5. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I agree ... I like Rae's idea of having cookies packaged in ziploc bags .. with the cold and flu season upon us, this is a must.

I will be calling my 7 participants and let them know this, and also find out what they are planning to bring. Some are bringing 1/2 dozen per person, some are bringing a dozen per person. It all depends on how many cookies you want.

And there are a few of us who are baking for others who are hesitant to come because they don't have time or money to participate.

Dec 15, 2009
  6. meganmcg

meganmcg Member

There were 11 of us at my cookie exchange and we had a blast! I put all of the cookie trays around the table and we took 2 out of each and moved around the table til they were gone.
    All those attending want to do this again next year and I had several sorry they couldn't make it. Think I will make this my December tradition.

Dec 16, 2009
  7. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Mine this weekend was a hit also, and the show closed at $400. Everyone had a good time and had lots of cookies to go around! We had to beg people to go back for more! (14 varieties were there - good ones too! Not just quickie types you sometimes see). People hung around for over 3 hrs! Little longer than I had wanted, but oh well. :)

Dec 16, 2009
Have something to add?