• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help From Cookie Exchange Pros!

Mine this weekend was a hit also, and the show closed at $400. Everyone had a good time and had lots of cookies to go around! We had to beg people to go back for more! (14 varieties were there - good ones too! Not just quickie types you sometimes see).
meganmcg
OK, so maybe I didn't think this all the way thru from the beginning, I do that sometimes....I decided last week to have a cookie exchange this weekend. Suppose I didn't think there would be much response since I have had lots of shows recently, but so far I have 11 coming. They are each to bring 3 dozen cookies (don't ask where the number came from - refer to first line of this post, lol!). So my question - do you just put all the cookies in one spot and let everyone pick and choose? Maybe say don't take any more than 4 of a certain one? The numbers don't even out for everyone to take the same amount of each type. Maybe I'm overthinking this but your assisitance would be appreciated! Thanks!

The really good news is that I was planning to use this just to keep active in December, but had a last minute show booked for next Tuesday - and she is inviting tons of people without me nudging her to do so! Yippee!

meganmcg said:
OK, so maybe I didn't think this all the way thru from the beginning, I do that sometimes....I decided last week to have a cookie exchange this weekend. Suppose I didn't think there would be much response since I have had lots of shows recently, but so far I have 11 coming. They are each to bring 3 dozen cookies (don't ask where the number came from - refer to first line of this post, lol!). So my question - do you just put all the cookies in one spot and let everyone pick and choose? Maybe say don't take any more than 4 of a certain one? The numbers don't even out for everyone to take the same amount of each type. Maybe I'm overthinking this but your assisitance would be appreciated! Thanks!

The really good news is that I was planning to use this just to keep active in December, but had a last minute show booked for next Tuesday - and she is inviting tons of people without me nudging her to do so! Yippee!

I tell everyone to bring a container to fill. Then put the cookies on a table that is in an open space, so that people can walk around it. Have them start by taking 2 of each cookie, and then, everyone can go back around again. (that's how we do it at my cookie exchange shows, anyway...)

Thank you both!

I agree ... I like Rae's idea of having cookies packaged in ziploc bags .. with the cold and flu season upon us, this is a must.I will be calling my 7 participants and let them know this, and also find out what they are planning to bring. Some are bringing 1/2 dozen per person, some are bringing a dozen per person. It all depends on how many cookies you want.And there are a few of us who are baking for others who are hesitant to come because they don't have time or money to participate.

There were 11 of us at my cookie exchange and we had a blast! I put all of the cookie trays around the table and we took 2 out of each and moved around the table til they were gone.
All those attending want to do this again next year and I had several sorry they couldn't make it. Think I will make this my December tradition.

meganmcg said:
There were 11 of us at my cookie exchange and we had a blast! I put all of the cookie trays around the table and we took 2 out of each and moved around the table til they were gone.
All those attending want to do this again next year and I had several sorry they couldn't make it. Think I will make this my December tradition.

Mine this weekend was a hit also, and the show closed at $400. Everyone had a good time and had lots of cookies to go around! We had to beg people to go back for more! (14 varieties were there - good ones too! Not just quickie types you sometimes see). People hung around for over 3 hrs! Little longer than I had wanted, but oh well. :)

1. How do I organize a successful cookie exchange?

To organize a successful cookie exchange, start by deciding on a date, time, and location for the event. Next, create a guest list and send out invitations with instructions on how many cookies each guest should bring. Encourage guests to bring copies of their recipe to share. On the day of the exchange, provide an area for guests to display their cookies, along with containers for them to take home their cookies. Finally, have fun and enjoy the delicious treats!

2. How do I ensure a variety of cookies at the exchange?

To ensure a variety of cookies at the exchange, ask guests to RSVP with the type of cookie they will be bringing. This way, you can avoid having multiple guests bring the same type of cookie. You can also suggest different categories such as chocolate, fruit, or nuts, to encourage a diverse selection.

3. Can I host a cookie exchange with dietary restrictions in mind?

Yes, you can definitely host a cookie exchange with dietary restrictions in mind. You can ask guests to specify if their cookie is gluten-free, dairy-free, or vegan so that those with dietary restrictions can still participate. You can also provide a separate area for these cookies to be displayed and labeled for those with allergies or dietary restrictions.

4. How many cookies should each guest bring to the exchange?

It is recommended that each guest brings one dozen cookies for each guest attending the exchange. For example, if there are 10 guests, each guest should bring 10 dozen cookies. This allows for each guest to take home one dozen of each type of cookie.

5. Can I include other treats besides cookies at the exchange?

Yes, you can definitely include other treats besides cookies at the exchange. Some ideas include brownies, bars, fudge, or even homemade jam. Just make sure to communicate this with your guests so they can plan accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tracie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies