1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Help- Can't find basil pesto

Tags:
  1. Amber

Amber

I need your help :eek: I am having a tapas party tomorrow night, and can't find the basil pesto anywhere! Where did you find yours? What does it look like? I have been to 2 different stores and no luck, so I figured I must not know what I am looking for. Can you help me :confused:

Aug 24, 2005
  2. ChefSandyK

ChefSandyK Member

Pesto

Amber,
    You can find it in most grocery stores in the refrigerated section next to where they keep the fresh pasta. It will be in a round container (usually clear) and will be green in color. If you have a Costco near you, they also carry it in their refrigerated section (by the parmasan cheese), but it is a bigger container than you will buy in the grocery store.

Hope this helps,
    Sandy

Aug 24, 2005
  3. cla519

cla519 Member

I found mine in the pasta sauces section.

Aug 24, 2005
  4. Tash

Tash Member

Make it

You can also make it if you cannot find it. It's really easy and much better tasting too. No preservatives. You can also freeze any leftovers for next time.

2 c. fresh basil leaves
    2 lg. garlic cloves
    1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
    2 tbsp. freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
    1/4 c. pine nuts or walnuts
    1/2 c. olive oil
    Salt & freshly ground pepper

Combine the basil, garlic, cheeses and nuts in a food processor or blender. Process to mix. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper and process to the desired consistency. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Makes about 1 cup.

Aug 24, 2005
  5. Amber

Amber

Thank you soooo much!!! I was able to go right to it at the store :) I feel so silly that I spent so much time looking for it :eek:
    Thanks again. The recipe for homemade sounds pretty good too.

Aug 24, 2005
  6. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

Did you shred the cheese or just chop it in the chopper?

Jun 4, 2006
  7. jdavis

jdavis Veteran Member

I wouldn't worry about it, I had never heard of it and I had to ask an employee where to find it the first time myself.

Jun 4, 2006
  8. Ann F

Ann F Advanced Member Gold Member

I bought a jar a while back and now can't remember which recipe I was wanting to try!!! Any ideas?

Do you think it's my recent 50th bday?? :(

Jun 4, 2006
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted