• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Heat-Resistant Slotted Turner for Stove Cooking | Warranty Included

In summary, the PIG says that the Slotted Turner is heat resistant to 450, but it melted within a month of getting clogged and the Deep Covered Baker cracked. The PIG would contact HO because they think it sounds like something is not normal. The PIG also mentioned that the product offers a product guarantee, not a warranty.
Mom2KL
The PIG says that the Slotted Turner is heat resistant to 450. I was making french toast on the stove today (for the first time since my griddle stopped working) and the heat of the pan melted my slotted turner. It's ruined and there's no way that I can bring it to my shows! It no longer has a beveled edge, just a blob of bubbly nylon. I use it all the time for pancakes on the same pan at the same setting (med to med-high on my gas stove) and it never melted. Do the pans really get that hot on the stove? Do you think it will be covered under warranty (5 yr warranty, I've owned it about 6 months)?

Ugh! This happened within a month of my suds pump getting clogged (less than a year since getting it, is that normal?) and my Deep Covered Baker cracking for no apparent reason (already replaced under warranty). :grumpy:

I would contact HO because personally, I don't think that sounds normal. The only way you could know how hot the skillet was to put a thermometer on it, and who does that?? As for the suds pump - I can't answer on that because I've actually never owned one. GASP!! Been buying PC for over 15 years and selling for over 4 and I've never owned one. I wonder why.......

Mine melted, too- and ruined a nice non-stick pan. Needless to say the pan wasn't truly non-stick! :)

Just do an adjustment--no problem!By the way, just a terminology tip for everyone. PC offers a product GUARANTEE, not a warranty. This comes from the PC legal dept.

DebbieJ said:
Just do an adjustment--no problem!

By the way, just a terminology tip for everyone. PC offers a product GUARANTEE, not a warranty. This comes from the PC legal dept.

Hmmm....Deb, what's the difference? I'm confused!

a warranty is something you buy--like an extended warranty when you purchase a car, a computer, an appliance. A guarantee implies a standard of quality.From AskOxford.comwarranty--
• noun: (pl. warranties) 1 a written guarantee promising to repair or replace an article if necessary within a specified period.guarantee--
• noun: 1 a formal assurance that certain conditions will be fulfilled, especially that a product will be of a specified quality. HTH!

I just returned 2 of the chef's tools for replacement due to melting. The person at HO said they had several of them lately.

I love these tools, I hope nothing is going on with them!

I had this happen to mine as well.

Even though these are heat resistant to 450 I am pretty sure they say on the Use and Care not to leave them on a hot skillet or pan. Not sure if that is what happened but I make sure not to let them rest on the pan.

Mine just melted last week, not from leaving it on the pan but from flipping over a batch of pancakes on medium heat. I have had it since becoming a consultant at the end of October, 2007, so I called and did an adjustment with HO. They got a new one sent to me VERY quickly, and I mailed back my damaged one. Kind of frustrating to have to pay to ship it, but at least it's cheaper than buying a new one. :)

1. What should I do if my slotted turner melted?

If your slotted turner melted, please contact our customer service team for assistance. We offer a satisfaction guarantee and will be happy to help you find a replacement or a solution to the issue.

2. How can I prevent my slotted turner from melting?

We recommend using a heat-resistant spatula or turner when cooking with high heat. Avoid leaving your slotted turner in a hot pan or on a hot surface for an extended period of time. Also, make sure to check the heat resistance of your utensils before use.

3. Can I still use my melted slotted turner?

It is not recommended to use a melted slotted turner for cooking as it can potentially release harmful chemicals into your food. It is best to dispose of the melted turner and replace it with a new one.

4. What is the material of the slotted turner?

Our slotted turners are made of heat-resistant, food-grade nylon material. This material is safe to use with non-stick cookware and can withstand high temperatures.

5. Do you offer a warranty for the slotted turner?

Yes, our slotted turners come with a limited lifetime warranty. If you experience any issues with your turner, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• minirottie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • SummerG
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dollfangs
  • akrebecca