• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About the Slotted Turner

In summary, a slotted turner is a kitchen utensil used for flipping and turning food while cooking. It is made with a combination of stainless steel and heat-resistant nylon, making it durable and safe for non-stick cookware. It can be used for various cooking methods and should be hand washed with warm, soapy water for maintenance. It is safe for high heat up to 400°F, but should not be exposed to direct flames or left on a hot surface for too long.
minirottie
So my DH decided to cook up his own pancakes last night....I was doing a fine job with what I was doing, but he wanted crispy edges, etc..and took over. Added a bunch of oil to the pan, heated it up, lowered temp back and started cooking. Well..my slotted turner is ruined. I don't know that the temp exceeded 450 degrees, but it's blackened/crusted at the end..and won't come off. Of course, I love this turner and now it's not available to replace.

Do you think it's possible he really exceeded the heat limitation on it, or is this normal?

If so, is there any way to restore it?It's very likely that your DH exceeded the heat limitation on your slotted turner. High temperatures can cause damage to the metal, resulting in a blackened and crusted surface. Unfortunately, there is no way to restore the turner back to its original condition. You may be able to clean off the burnt residue with a scrubber and some soap and water, but this will not restore the finish of the turner.

I've had a plastic one that didn't do this, but I've always preferred metal for pancakes. TIA!It is possible that the heat exceeded the limitations of the turner, especially if it is made of plastic or has a plastic coating. It is always best to check the heat limitations of cooking utensils before using them on high heat. You may want to try using a metal turner or spatula next time to avoid this issue. Alternatively, you could also try soaking the turner in hot soapy water to see if that helps remove the blackened/crusted area.

What is a slotted turner?

A slotted turner is a kitchen utensil with a flat, wide blade that is used for flipping and turning food while cooking. The blade is also equipped with slots to allow excess grease or liquid to drain off of the food.

What materials are used to make the slotted turner?

Our slotted turners are made with a combination of stainless steel and heat-resistant nylon. This makes them durable, easy to clean, and safe for use with non-stick cookware.

Can the slotted turner be used for all types of cooking?

Yes, our slotted turners are versatile and can be used for a variety of cooking methods including frying, sautéing, and grilling. They are also great for flipping delicate foods like fish or pancakes.

How do I care for my slotted turner?

To keep your slotted turner in top condition, we recommend hand washing it with warm, soapy water. Avoid using harsh abrasives or putting it in the dishwasher. After washing, simply dry with a soft cloth and store in a utensil holder or drawer.

Is the slotted turner safe to use with high heat?

Our slotted turners are heat-resistant up to 400°F, making them safe for most cooking methods. However, we do not recommend exposing them to direct flames or leaving them on a hot surface for an extended period of time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sklay723
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • ChefetteDuJour
  • Products and Tips
Replies