• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried the new TexMex/Onion/Basil/GinCit Rubs from Pampered Chef?

In summary, the Three Onion Rub is a great flavor that is versatile and will add a lot of flavor to ground beef. The Basil Rub is mild and would be great for a lot of different meals. The Ginger Citrus Rub is bright and flavorful with a hint of ginger, and would be great for fish or chicken.
Admin Greg
Staff member
Please discuss the TexMex/Onion/Basil/GinCit Rubs. Tips, complaints, praise, reviews, ideas, thoughts...

Really??!?!?!?!? MORE Rubs? It least they are rubs which are reasonably priced and I recommend to customers. Most of our pantry line I don't use much. It's hard to justify our prices when similar products can be found at the grocery store for half the price. I'm all for repeat sales, but our pantry line doesn't offer much for me.

I agree, Jane. It just seems like overkill now!

Also, with new ones coming and old ones going, when I look back at older recipes for something different for a show recipe - I can never remember which ones we still have. I have to look it up everytime.

A few months ago, a host said she would have some french bread and wondered if I could bring the bread dipping seasonings. I said I would bring them all. "Bring them all???" she asked "I thought there were only 2!". Of course, I have them all in my pantry and had forgotten 2 had been discontinued. I am glad she asked that question or else I would have brought discontinued ones! :eek: Yes, I know it is my responsibility to know these things, but my point is that there are just SO many pantry items coming and going I can't keep track!

The three of them are going to be very popular. Remember they are discontinuing 2 rubs and one seasoning.

I'm glad that if they are adding rubs, that at least they are ones that seem like good, universal ones. I'm looking forward to these new flavors. There's a bunch of flavors I never use, but these seem like good ones.The thing that I like about these are that they are very strong. A little goes a long way. I've bought combination flavors from McCormick seasonings and such but weren't that happy with them. And I like that I don't have to use a bunch of separate seasonings when I'm cooking most things.

Looking forward to the 3 onion rub. I am still so mad they discontinued the Moroccan rub. I use it for the Moroccan Chili in the DCB cookbook, I make it once a week at least. I did use the cooks tip and blended my own, but it is a pain.

i am pleased with the assortment of these rubs - they might be my favorites so far - we will see ;) but very excited about the citrus ginger, and that the tex mex is more of a fajita rub, with cumin - yay!

I'm looking forward to these, too. I LOVE Tex Mex, and I think the 3 Onion will make a fabulous dip. I think I'll like the Sweet Basil for chicken... but I'll skip the Citrus Ginger. I do really like our rubs in general.

I'm glad these are all in one thread because I tried three of them tonight and wanted to post about them.

To accompany the Three Cheese 'N Apple Risotto tonight, I made three chicken breasts. I put a different rub on each of them. The only one I didn't try was the Tex Mex because it didn't seem like it would go well with the risotto.

I cut each breast into 5 pieces after gilling them in the Grill Pan so each family member could sample each rub. We loved all of them.

The Basil Rub is very mild and I could have put more on the chicken than I did. It was a really nice flavor that would go with a lot of different types of meals, I think.

The Ginger Citrus Rub surprised me. The citrus part is really bright and the ginger was not at all overpowering. It would be amazing on fish and this is coming from someone who doesn't even like fish. But I think I'd be willing to eat it with this rub on it.

The Three Onion Rub was delicious. The flavor of green onion really comes through. I think you could use this anytime you didn't feel like chopping up an onion, but wanted onion flavor in something. It would add a lot to basic cooked ground beef. I hope they sell this in bulk so it's a little less expensive because I really like it and I think I could find a lot of ways to use it.

Shari in TX

Did anyone notice they aren't selling any of the seasonings in bulk anymore?!!? :( I'm so disappointed - especially about the Southwestern Seasoning. I do the fajitas at a lot of shows, not to mention at home, and use this all the time for that recipe and others.OT, I know, but I just had to vent!

CookinWithLynda said:
Did anyone notice they aren't selling any of the seasonings in bulk anymore?!!?

This was mentioned on another thread too and someone called HO. The answer they got was that they're not on the order form now, but they will be added back in March or April. I hope that happens.

Shari in TX

1. What are the main ingredients in the Texmex rub?

The primary ingredients in our Texmex rub are chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. These spices give the rub its signature smoky and slightly spicy flavor.

2. Can the Onion rub be used on other meats besides chicken?

Yes, our Onion rub is versatile and can be used on various types of meat such as beef, pork, and seafood. It can also be used on vegetables and even added to dips and dressings for an extra kick of flavor.

3. Is the Basil rub suitable for people with dietary restrictions?

Our Basil rub is made with all-natural ingredients and is free from gluten, dairy, and artificial flavors. However, we always recommend checking the ingredient label for any potential allergens or sensitivities.

4. How do I use the Gincit rub?

The Gincit rub is best used as a dry rub on meats such as chicken, pork, or fish. Simply apply a generous amount of the rub onto the meat and rub it in to ensure even coverage. For an extra burst of flavor, let the meat marinate in the rub for a few hours before grilling or roasting.

5. Can I mix and match the different rubs?

Absolutely! Our rubs are designed to be used on their own or combined to create unique flavor profiles. For example, you can mix the Texmex and Onion rubs for a delicious fajita seasoning or add some Gincit rub to the Basil rub for a tasty herb and spice blend.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Admin Greg