• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried making Greek Cheese One Pot Pasta with leftover Torta?

In summary, the Greek Torta is HUGE - so here's a tip for your host for the leftover. Just make up a full box of pasta, and then once it's drained (and still hot), mix the remaining Greek Cheese torta into it. Done - the kids will eat it and not know it's spinach! whoo hoo!:sing:
muffetts
Gold Member
The Greek Torta is HUGE -so here's a tip for your host for the leftover. Just make up a full box of pasta, and then once it's drained (and still hot), mix the remaining Greek Cheese torta into it. Done - the kids will eat it and not know it's spinach! whoo hoo!:sing:

Oh my gosh what a great idea. Sounds so yummy.

That's pretty cool! Thanks for sharing! We had this at our meeting last night, and also decided it's pretty huge. In fact, we could've easily doubled the bread for it!
We thought that, for a show, a host could offer veggies to serve with it, as well as the bread, for both variety and to show additional tools...crinkle cutter, simple additions, etc.

Blessings,
Paula

muffetts and Paula~

Those are both super ideas! Thanks for pointing those out...

OMG . . .I made the Greek Cheese Torta tonight for my monthly meeting. :thumbup: Yummy Yummy but now I know what I can do for the leftovers thanks! Great idea!:love:

I can't WAIT to make it!

Did you all see the pasta recipe I've posted before with similar ingredients? It is so yummy so I can definitely see how this can make great leftovers!!!!

Is there anyone out there that's made this version and the old Athenian version (in the Celebrate cookbook)? Comparison notes please? The old one adds pressed garlic...I'm thinking I'll add it to the new recipe...'cause who doesn't love garlic in their Greek food? :chef:

I'm making this at my bites & bevs show on Monday night. I love that I'll be able to share that quick tip about the pasta!! Thanks!

I made this for our TEAM meeting last night...went over so well!

I had leftovers, so this morning I made a one egg omlet and added some of the leftovers! Greek Cheesy Omlet! YUM!

This was super easy to make! Garlic would be be a good addition, as would some finely chopped red onion. Honestly, though, it doesn't "need" a thing!

I think I will have some of the leftovers spread on Triscuits...

Related to Have you tried making Greek Cheese One Pot Pasta with leftover Torta?

What is Greek Cheese One Pot Pasta?

Greek Cheese One Pot Pasta is a delicious and easy-to-make pasta dish that combines the flavors of Greek cuisine with the convenience of a one pot meal. It features traditional Greek cheeses, such as feta and halloumi, along with pasta, vegetables, and herbs.

What ingredients do I need to make Greek Cheese One Pot Pasta?

You will need 8 oz of your choice of pasta, 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 zucchini, 1 red bell pepper, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 cup of vegetable broth, 1 tsp of dried oregano, 1 tsp of dried basil, 4 oz of feta cheese, and 4 oz of halloumi cheese.

Can I substitute any of the ingredients in the recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions based on your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use gluten-free pasta or swap out the vegetables for ones you prefer. You can also use different types of Greek cheese, such as kasseri or kefalotyri, if you cannot find feta or halloumi.

How long does it take to cook Greek Cheese One Pot Pasta?

The total cooking time for Greek Cheese One Pot Pasta is about 25 minutes. This includes prep time, cooking time, and allowing the dish to rest for a few minutes before serving. It is a quick and easy meal option for busy weeknights.

Can I make Greek Cheese One Pot Pasta ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Greek Cheese One Pot Pasta ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, simply reheat the pasta in a pot or microwave until warmed through. You may need to add a splash of water or broth to prevent the pasta from drying out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • wadesgirl