• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have Y'all Talked About This? New Pampered Chef Visa?

In summary, effective Jan. 1, 2008, The Pampered Chef Consultant Visa card will be the only credit card accepted for Consultant payment. Your current card, offered by Chase bank, will no longer be accepted after December 31, 2007. However, there are some positive aspects to this change, such as earning rewards for purchases and the ability to use the rewards for more PC products. The debit card will still be accepted and the new PC credit card will have additional perks. Some speculate that this change may be due to wanting more consultants to be approved for credit cards. There are also concerns about the new credit card issuer, with some consultants choosing to stick with the debit card instead. The new card offers cash rewards
KimmyDarling
"Effective Jan. 1, 2008, The Pampered Chef Consultant Visa card will be the only credit card accepted for Consultant payment. Your current card, offered by Chase bank, will no longer be accepted after December 31, 2007."I am really not happy about this. Anybody have a positive spin on it? 'Cause this news is not helping my Attitude Problem! :grumpy:

I got denied for the other Chase card, what makes them think I can get this one?

There is a good side. :) You will earn rewards for what you spend. You can then use that cash reward to buy more PC stuff! :D

Are they doing away with the Debit card also?

1. I don't get why they are changing

2. So will we get cash rewards on the charge from PC if we use it to pay for our shows? If so, I guess you can think of it as an increase in commission!

No, they are not doing away with the debit card. All they are doing is switching the bank who is issuing the credit card to us - we can still use our PC credit card to pay for shows, supplies, etc., it just has to be the NEW PC credit card, and not the old one issued by Chase. The new one will also have extra perks, which the old one did not have, so this is definitely a good thing, not a bad thing.

I didn't get the old one b/c there was no loyalty program. I probably still won't get the new one. Can you pay for your show balances with this instead of your debit card? I guess then you could look at it as found money, but I think I will stick with the debit card. I just hate having too many credit cards.

Oh ok so i'm safe then. I only have the Debit card:)

sfdavis918 said:
1. I don't get why they are changing

They probably just found a better vendor to offer the credit card at a cheaper rate or something. There are tons of banks out there who issue company credit cards and they all want every company's business, so they are competitive. That's all it probably was.

I imagine that you can still use the old one (CHASE) to pay for a supply order or an individual order. Just not an entire show. I don't ever use my card to pay for shows, just use it for business expenses.

I know someone who works for the credit card company that is issuing this card. They are a horrible terrible company that prey on people with credit problems. They told me about this a looooong time ago and we were waiting to see when this would be presented to us. They are one of those companies that attract people with poor credit ratings and jack the interest up on them as soon as the introductory period is over or if they are a minute late with their payments.

Needless to say, I will NOT be getting this card. Debit Card for me! :)

Interesting. Maybe PC wants more of their consultants to be approved for credit cards??

yummybytes said:
I know someone who works for the credit card company that is issuing this card. They are a horrible terrible company that prey on people with credit problems. They told me about this a looooong time ago and we were waiting to see when this would be presented to us. They are one of those companies that attract people with poor credit ratings and jack the interest up on them as soon as the introductory period is over or if they are a minute late with their payments.

Needless to say, I will NOT be getting this card. Debit Card for me! :)

So it's the new card that is bad? I haven't had any problems with CHASE. then again, i'm mainly using it for business expenses. :)

I just got an email for the new card. It has:
.25% cash rewards on the first $500 of purchases each month (that means you'll get $1.25 if you spend $500 in a single month)
1% cash rewards on qualified purchases above $500 each month
0% interest on balance transfers, rate good through April 2008. After that, 12.24% variable
12.24% interest on purchases
22.99% interest on cash advances
28.99% default interest rate (in effect after missing minimum payment, etc.)

The 12.24% is fixed, not variable, so they can't go up on it.
I use the Chase Card for shows and all of my PC purchases, then just pay it off as I go.

chefann said:
I just got an email for the new card. It has:
.25% cash rewards on the first $500 of purchases each month (that means you'll get $1.25 if you spend $500 in a single month)
1% cash rewards on qualified purchases above $500 each month
0% interest on balance transfers, rate good through April 2008. After that, 12.24% variable
12.24% interest on purchases
22.99% interest on cash advances
28.99% default interest rate (in effect after missing minimum payment, etc.)

I missed the "above $500" when I first read it. I definitely won't be getting this card. I am a Dave Ramsey follower so I don't have any credit cards. (OK, one, but it's frozen in the freezer so we won't use it except for extreme emergency. DH won't let me get rid of it completely.) I will admit I was tempted by the cash rewards, but it's just not worth it. And to go up to 28.99% for a late payment, crazy! I just don't want to play with them at all.

I like the idea of cash rewards for using it, as I use my Chase card all the time! So I look forward to these rewards! Not sure about the other stuff though??? I would hope it's a decent company if PC is making us switch?!

I was thinking about getting it so I can keep my PC spending on it. Right now I use my debit card through my bank, but this way I wouldn't have to worry about whether I have money in that account (only keep a little in there--it's a secondary acct). But I want a credit card for things like conference to pay for the hotel. The first time I went I only had a bank debit card (it gets run through as credit) & they were going to freeze the entire 4 days of the entire bill, not just my portion--so now I want to have at least one credit card. I plan to pay it off each month.

I'm PO'd! I have a high credit limit with Chase and only got the card when I started because I needed credit! I screwed up with that and am just now getting it all cleaned up and now they aren't going to let me use it anymore! That's ludicris! I DON'T NEED OR WANT ANOTHER CREDIT CARD, but usually use it for my show payments! Sorry, no positive spin from me!

Just remember a larger available balance and smaller debt owed works in your favor on your credit rating.

If you are someone who can have a credit card and not charge on it, if you switch, don't close the other account, just put it someplace and don't use it.

--Jenny L

i'm not happy about it either, i got the chase card and i definitely don't need anymore debt. i said when i got the chase card that i was going to use it for only PC purchases and pay as i go, then i let myself go and wound up racking up A LOT of other charges and the last thing i need is one more card!!

Well I have stuck to the only using it for PC stuff...HOWEVER...I have been doing this for 4 years and I just got it in September...I have been using the debit card...now I have to get something different...I am not exactly happy.

I pay for all my shows with the chase card so that there's more time for the money to hit my account. I hate that this card has such a high interest rate. The PC Chase card is 12.5% which is over 3 points higher than my other cards. I only use it for PC expenses - if it was lower I would flash that card all the time with the PC pics on it!

Anyway, I pay 100% every month so even though I hate the rate I never pay it. Doesn't matter to me what card they honor as long as it's a smooth transition. I do like that we get rewards on the new one though!

I could care less what card I use. The only issue I have is remembering to change my CC# in P3. And, if this one has rewards, then I'm all for it. I put about half my shows on my CC and pay it off when the bill comes in, plus it's nice to have when you need supplies or logo merchandise and your commission check hasn't yet posted. And, I never carry more than about $20 in cash so I always need plastic - CC or DC works for me.

It doesn't make any difference to me - I won't be getting a CC! I've been slowly working at getting rid of them! I hope to be done w/them within the next year.

I do think it stinks for those who already have the Chase card that they won't honor it. Sometimes people get into credit situations where they can't get approved for another credit card. Plus it does take credit points away from your credit scores to have "new credit."

jlevernier said:
Just remember a larger available balance and smaller debt owed works in your favor on your credit rating.

Actually, it can work against you too. "They" look at it as money that you "can" spend so they take that into consideration.

I saw that email and wondered if I was getting phished. Glad all the rest of you are talking about it too, because now I'm less suspicious.

I can't find anything about it on pc.com. Can anyone independently confirm that this came from HO and not from someone who hacked our email addy's from somewhere?

(And I'm sure I'll get denied because I have many other credit cards. Only one has a balance, but I have a lot of open credit. Of course, I'll cancel the Chase one when I get this one, but they don't know that when I'm applying to the new one. Of course, if what someone else said is true, sounds like they'll give anyone credit just so they can screw them in the end.)

I hate it when people fix things that aren't broken....

Jean

pamperedlinda said:
I could care less what card I use. The only issue I have is remembering to change my CC# in P3. And, if this one has rewards, then I'm all for it. I put about half my shows on my CC and pay it off when the bill comes in, plus it's nice to have when you need supplies or logo merchandise and your commission check hasn't yet posted. And, I never carry more than about $20 in cash so I always need plastic - CC or DC works for me.
I'm still fairly new to P3 (3rd show just submitted) but do you mean you can set it to a default credit card # and your debit card number as well?

I liked how in PP it was already there as a default and you didn't have to enter the numbers EVERY show! Does P3 have that capability? Am I misunderstanding something?

It works the same way in PP3..you can put your numbers in and they come up

sfdavis918 said:
I am a Dave Ramsey follower so I don't have any credit cards.

Another koolaid drinker here! I will NOT under ANY circumstances be getting this card either.

There is nothing I've heard that makes this sound like a good idea to me, personally. I don't want to open another credit account, and I just don't see why they'll prohibit us from using our old one for shows. Very frustrating.

quiverfull7 said:
It works the same way in PP3..you can put your numbers in and they come up
Well I have entered both debit and credit card for the three shows but I had to re enter them, as they did not automatically come up like they used to in PP? HOw do you make them as a default #?

KimmyDarling said:
There is nothing I've heard that makes this sound like a good idea to me, personally. I don't want to open another credit account, and I just don't see why they'll prohibit us from using our old one for shows.

Very frustrating.
They're just changing credit card companies. ...you know, like they changed prefered printers. They will prohibit us from using the old credit cards for shows because they will no longer recognize them. The debit cards won't change but if you pay by PC credit card you must change to the new company or you'll be paying by debit card.

Personally, I'm not really thrilled with the change. It's a much higher APR than Chase, but I suppose if you pay it off each month, that doesn't matter. But there are those months that it doesn't happen...

I don't think the new sheriff at TPC cares about what your APR is. I suspect the new provider takes a little smaller chunk of discount for the charges. Put yourself in TPC's position for a second...along comes a provider who offers .005 less discount than the current vendor. For each $1,000,000 in revenue, .005 gives TPC an extra $5,000 in free revenue. That's pretty tempting, but what if the vendor offers even more?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I don't think the new sheriff at TPC cares about what your APR is. I suspect the new provider takes a little smaller chunk of discount for the charges. Put yourself in TPC's position for a second...along comes a provider who offers .005 less discount than the current vendor. For each $1,000,000 in revenue, .005 gives TPC an extra $5,000 in free revenue. That's pretty tempting, but what if the vendor offers even more?
And, hopefully this is another way to pass the savings on to us and our customers.....lower costs for HO mean they don't have to pass on higher costs to us.

It's just a CC, what difference does it matter who it is issued by?

Finally, a card with rewards.

Bad for those of us with bad credit scores - APPLICATION REJECTED
good for those of us with good credit scores - POINTS!!!!

I wish they'd had this when I had my good job!

I'm excited about the new card. I will enjoy getting rewards on charging my shows (using other peoples money!!). I only use it for shows, so the money is always in the bank to pay it off every month, so doesn't matter what the APR is to me.

Jean DeVries said:
I saw that email and wondered if I was getting phished. Glad all the rest of you are talking about it too, because now I'm less suspicious.

I can't find anything about it on pc.com. Can anyone independently confirm that this came from HO and not from someone who hacked our email addy's from somewhere?

(And I'm sure I'll get denied because I have many other credit cards. Only one has a balance, but I have a lot of open credit. Of course, I'll cancel the Chase one when I get this one, but they don't know that when I'm applying to the new one. Of course, if what someone else said is true, sounds like they'll give anyone credit just so they can screw them in the end.)

I hate it when people fix things that aren't broken....

Jean

yes, you should have gotten an email from HO right before you got the email from the credit card company.
I'm kinda glad about the 0% balance transfers if there's no catch; I got stupid & racked up too much on my card:blushing:
And I love Dave Ramsey's plan too; working on it!

Okay... I got the email from HO but I cannot find and email from BannerDirect anywhere... not trapped in my filter or anywhere. Is that something you can forward or post the link to here or am I going to have to try and get that another way? I am interested, don't know that I'll qualify but would like to try ... help?? :)

pamperedlinda said:
And, hopefully this is another way to pass the savings on to us and our customers.....lower costs for HO mean they don't have to pass on higher costs to us.

It's just a CC, what difference does it matter who it is issued by?
I'm getting more and more skeptical (cynical?) in my old age and while I still hold some idealistic ideas that large companies will pass along the savings to us, the cynic in me says there are two chances of that happening - and Slim is on a diet.

As for who issues the CC - you are right. they are all masked bandits, the only difference is the color of the card they issue.

You'd be better off borrowing money from Lennie the Loanshark. Broken legs heal in a few weeks but bad credit dogs you forever.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I'm getting more and more skeptical (cynical?) in my old age and while I still hold some idealistic ideas that large companies will pass along the savings to us, the cynic in me says there are two chances of that happening - and Slim is on a diet........
Yeah, increases are inevitable, maybe this move will delay an increase? I hope.....

I am defintely not even going to try for one. I tried for one a year ago when I signed up but I am working on getting my credit back up. I have 2 cc nows. I don't need another. doing good on those 2! they stay in my wallet and never come out!!

I haven't gotten an email from BannerDirect either! What's up with that?

So what CC company is it anyway?

I just payed off my Chase and I am closing it. I payed it off with a personal loan though.:(
I did apply for the new card so we shall see but it will be strictly for PC. I need to get out of the grips of the credit card monster!:eek:

britishchef said:
So what CC company is it anyway?

It's being issued by New Millenium Bank. A simple google of that bank name will indicate that they appear to cater to/specialize in people with little, no, or bad credit. Not a bad prospect for those in that position.

However, it also appears that they take advantage of those people by requiring payment up front to issue the card, as well as a deposit to put on the card. I don't know if that's S.O.P. for credit card companies, but I just got a bad vibe about it. I sent a note off to PC with words like "dismayed", "disappointed" and many other "dis-" words. (I also mentioned that if they wanted me to have a card with benefits, they'd lift the monopoly and let me use the cards I already have with benefits that are more important to me - like FF miles).

Does anyone know, if you have a card from a company who caters to substandard creditees, is that looked upon negatively by other creditors who are looking at your credit report?

Also, how complicated is the debit card thing? And can we debit card shows, but use any ole' credit card for supplies, etc? I should know this, but since I've had the Chase card from the beginning, I don't.

Jean

Using a debit card is JUST like using a credit card.The difference is that the debit card is tied to your checking or savings account. Using it is like writing a check except the funds are pulled immediately. You might also not have certain rights of recourse that you have from writing a check (like stop payment) but you need to consult with your card provider.There are some other differences, like hotel and rental car deposits that might tie up funds for the duration of your stay/rental.When you submit a show or purchase supplies from TPC using the debit card, they don't usually submit the purchase and pull the funds until a few days later.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Using a debit card is JUST like using a credit card.

The difference is that the debit card is tied to your checking or savings account. Using it is like writing a check except the funds are pulled immediately. You might also not have certain rights of recourse that you have from writing a check (like stop payment) but you need to consult with your card provider.

There are some other differences, like hotel and rental car deposits that might tie up funds for the duration of your stay/rental.

When you submit a show or purchase supplies from TPC using the debit card, they don't usually submit the purchase and pull the funds until a few days later.

Thanks KG. I have a completely worn debit card of my own (I never carry cash) so I'm familiar with the debit card aspect of things. Can we buy anything through PP or P3 with anything besides a PC-endorsed card?

Jean

No, TPC requires all transactions on their proprietary cards.I have to admit that when debit cards first came out, I was very skeptical. Recourse had always been a big thing with me, but recourse has never been an issue with TPC.Since I've been using a debit card, I'm starting to like it a lot more. I can view my account info online and I get a monthly, detailed statement that makes it easier to track business expenses.The only vendors I've had issues with, so far, have been certain properties in the Holiday Inn chain (but not ALL of them!) and one car rental company. Hertz? Not exactly. ;)

<h2>1. What is the new Pampered Chef Visa and when will it be effective?</h2><p>The new Pampered Chef Visa is a credit card offered to consultants for payment starting on January 1, 2008. This means that after December 31, 2007, the current credit card offered by Chase bank will no longer be accepted.</p><h2>2. Why is the current credit card being replaced?</h2><p>The decision to replace the current credit card was made to streamline the payment process and reduce confusion for consultants. The Pampered Chef Visa will be the only credit card accepted for consultant payment going forward.</p><h2>3. Will there be any changes to the rewards or benefits of the new Pampered Chef Visa?</h2><p>The new Pampered Chef Visa will offer the same rewards and benefits as the current credit card. However, as a consultant, you will now have the added convenience of using the same credit card for all your Pampered Chef purchases.</p><h2>4. How can I obtain the new Pampered Chef Visa?</h2><p>The new Pampered Chef Visa will be automatically sent to all active consultants before January 1, 2008. If you do not receive your new card, please contact the Pampered Chef Consultant Support team for assistance.</p><h2>5. Is there a positive aspect to this change?</h2><p>While change can be difficult, there are some benefits to the new Pampered Chef Visa. Having one designated credit card for all Pampered Chef purchases can make tracking expenses and rewards easier. Additionally, the new card may offer improved security features and a more user-friendly online platform.</p>

Related to Have Y'all Talked About This? New Pampered Chef Visa?

1. What is the new Pampered Chef Visa and when will it be effective?

The new Pampered Chef Visa is a credit card offered to consultants for payment starting on January 1, 2008. This means that after December 31, 2007, the current credit card offered by Chase bank will no longer be accepted.

2. Why is the current credit card being replaced?

The decision to replace the current credit card was made to streamline the payment process and reduce confusion for consultants. The Pampered Chef Visa will be the only credit card accepted for consultant payment going forward.

3. Will there be any changes to the rewards or benefits of the new Pampered Chef Visa?

The new Pampered Chef Visa will offer the same rewards and benefits as the current credit card. However, as a consultant, you will now have the added convenience of using the same credit card for all your Pampered Chef purchases.

4. How can I obtain the new Pampered Chef Visa?

The new Pampered Chef Visa will be automatically sent to all active consultants before January 1, 2008. If you do not receive your new card, please contact the Pampered Chef Consultant Support team for assistance.

5. Is there a positive aspect to this change?

While change can be difficult, there are some benefits to the new Pampered Chef Visa. Having one designated credit card for all Pampered Chef purchases can make tracking expenses and rewards easier. Additionally, the new card may offer improved security features and a more user-friendly online platform.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • AZPampered Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
emiscookin