• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have any ideas for games to give away tickets at your 1st show?

In summary, Mariya's first show was successful with eight orders and four bookings. She had a lot of fun.
luckystar
Silver Member
Hey girls,

I was wondering how your 1st show was, what did you do and so on.....

Do you guys have any ideas for games ect... to give away tickets for a drawing???

Mine is on saturday and I get a little nervous, I pray that it goes well cause the catalog shows that I did where not going well:grumpy:

I didn't do any games at my first one because I really just didn't feel comfortable yet. It was all friends, family and neighbors which made it a little more difficult because they were all talking, etc. It ended up being a lot of fun but it was just very hectic. My husband had hurt his back that day so he was up in the bedroom, paging me on the phone. And because of him being hurt, my kids were there too. So I was Consultant, Host, Mom, and Wife all at the same time! It was CRAZY! But it ended up being a $500 show and everybody LOVED the food. So, I guess I did pretty well, considering.

I agree that doing a game for a first show might be a bit overwhelming when you add in the other elements of our system. But, I think there are probably some game ideas in the "files" section if you really want to do something. I'd just make sure it was EZ and fast.

Good luck with your first cooking show....if you haven't already done so, be sure to watch the show demo that came in your kit. Great ideas for the flow and pace of a show....

I have my first show this Saturday and here's what I've got planned. Just to make sure I call everyone to remind them, I'm going to ask them to bring their ugliest, saddest oven mitt with them. For the "game" I'm going to have them vote on whose is worst and give that person a certificate for an extra $3 off the guest special price (either 1 or 2 but only $3 off) That way, I MUST call them, I MUST talk about the guest specials, and I don't have to think too much since I'm sure I'll be a little nervous! What do you think?

FromMaria'sKitchen said:
I have my first show this Saturday and here's what I've got planned. Just to make sure I call everyone to remind them, I'm going to ask them to bring their ugliest, saddest oven mitt with them. For the "game" I'm going to have them vote on whose is worst and give that person a certificate for an extra $3 off the guest special price (either 1 or 2 but only $3 off) That way, I MUST call them, I MUST talk about the guest specials, and I don't have to think too much since I'm sure I'll be a little nervous! What do you think?
good idea, let us know how it turns out

Thanks for your answeres. I just want to do little things just 2 games so I can give out tickets for the drawing just for fun, I also thought when they come on time they will get a ticket if they bring a friend they get 3 tickets...

@frommariaskitchen
that is a great idea let us know how it went. Good luck for your show!!

Thank LuckyStar...you too!:D

to
from marias kitchen

wohooo today is the day, hope your show goes well. I`m kind of nervous lol

1st showYep, today was the day! I was pretty nervous, not that I'd screw up (which I did) but that no one would come! Ended up with 9 guests, 8 orders totalling $600, 4 bookings + 1 maybe + 1 wedding registry in a couple of months. :D :D

BUT...no oven mitts sold:eek: Only 1 guest remembered to bring it, but I just joked about it and told her she won by default!

As to the screw up...was making the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies and spilled about 1/2 a bag of brown sugar all over the counter :blushing: "Did you know the lid to our batter bowl has a lid that is also great for scraping spills into?"

Hope yours is a huge success too!

I made my first show simple, just worrying about following directions. I made a tirrimisu cake that had rum extract in it. The host had real rum instead. I had the host helping. I told her two tablespoons of rum. Well she let it flow way over. Then I realized it was suppose to be 2 teaspoons. We all had a good laugh. I had over $400 and several bookings. It was memorable.

Mine was not really a hit:(

It was very crazy cause everybody had there kids with them so there where a total of 9 kids running around asking me every minute for something else so I got distracted a lot:eek:
4 people didn`t show up two of them wanted to book a show of mine so I don`t know if that is gonna happen. The show total was a little bit over 150$.

Oh well the show must go on I hope soon I will have more succes:rolleyes:

I`m happy that your show went so good keep up the good job:thumbup:

Don't get discouraged - there will be good shows and bad shows and some that just make wonder what (or if) those people were thinking. I was in sales 6 years before joining PC and it can be hard to get started. I had invited over 60 people to this show, and even my best friend didn't show up after promising she would. Just remember, you're still one show closer to qualifying! Keep looking ahead - that's where the next opportunity is!

~Maria

I have recently tired the purse game that you can find in the files here on chefsuccess. It was a huge success they all loved it and i was able to give the sales pitch of the business, products, hosting, and recruiting. They all had a good laugh and loved it.

FromMaria'sKitchen said:
Don't get discouraged - there will be good shows and bad shows and some that just make wonder what (or if) those people were thinking. I was in sales 6 years before joining PC and it can be hard to get started. I had invited over 60 people to this show, and even my best friend didn't show up after promising she would. Just remember, you're still one show closer to qualifying! Keep looking ahead - that's where the next opportunity is!

~Maria

thank you so much, no way I`ll give up;)
well I did get another order in today so I`m over 200$ know that did cheer me up:D

I feel your pain
luckystar said:
Mine was not really a hit:(

It was very crazy cause everybody had there kids with them so there where a total of 9 kids running around asking me every minute for something else so I got distracted a lot:eek:
4 people didn`t show up two of them wanted to book a show of mine so I don`t know if that is gonna happen. The show total was a little bit over 150$.

Oh well the show must go on I hope soon I will have more succes:rolleyes:

I`m happy that your show went so good keep up the good job:thumbup:

My best friend was my first host. She is a great person and a great friend, but was not a very good host.

The morning of her show, she bought a smoothie maker at WalMart and mid-presentation, decided to try it out and over stuffed it so it would not blend. After 1/2 of the guests ended up in the kitchen to assist with the smoothies, one of the guests said maybe they should forget about the smoothies for awhile so I could finish!

The show ended up as a really good show, but it was somewhat deflating because if my friends were supportive, what would it be like with complete strangers!

I know your next show will be phenomenal. Mine got better after that and it made for a great story at future shows.

Thank you so much, my next show is with all neighbors on Sunday. I don`t know them cause we just moved to this subdivision but hopefully they will be good costumers;)

1. What should I expect at my first Pampered Chef show?

At your first Pampered Chef show, you can expect a fun and interactive cooking experience with your friends and family. Our consultant will guide you through our high-quality kitchen products and demonstrate delicious recipes that you can easily recreate at home.

2. How many guests should I invite to my first show?

We recommend inviting at least 8-10 guests to your first show. This will ensure a lively and engaging atmosphere and give you the opportunity to earn free products and discounts as a host.

3. Can I choose the recipes for my first show?

Absolutely! Our consultants can work with you to choose recipes that fit your preferences and dietary restrictions. We also offer a variety of theme-based shows, such as Mexican Fiesta or Italian Night, that you can choose from.

4. Do you have any game ideas for my first show?

Yes, we have several fun and interactive games that you can play at your first show. Some popular options include the "Recipe Scramble" game where guests unscramble recipe names, and the "Kitchen Gadget Challenge" where guests race to identify different kitchen tools.

5. How can I earn free products at my first show?

As a host, you can earn free products by inviting guests, having them make purchases, and booking future shows. Our consultants can also provide you with more information on our host rewards program and how you can maximize your benefits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• phyllisc121
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • Doraine
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies