• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grey's Anatomy Trivia Questions: Fun Addition to Your Pampered Chef Party?

and my husband put it up with our family pics... i said what is this and he said.... they seem like family lately... hahahoh
jwpamp
Just started this...I am making the 30 minute chicken (McSteamy and the Turtle Fudge Cake (McDreamy)...anyone have any Grey's Anatomy Trivia Questions?

Please???

I haven't seen any, but maybe you could Google it and get some...

Oh- I forgot the little known "facts" of GA:

1) Every episode is the title of a song
2) They say "seriously" in every episode

You could also ask questions about the actors like "Name one movie (actor's name) has starred in."

That is a REALLY cute theme! I would book a show like that--all my family is hooked on the show!

What a FABULOUS idea!

Here are a few facts I found on a quick search. There is another great site, but I couldn't easily transfer info to here. Good luck!

Some exterior shots of "Seattle Grace Hospital" were filmed at Fisher Plaza, the home of KOMO 4, the local ABC affiliate. In the pilot episode when the patient is flown in via helicopter, you can see the KOMO 4 logo on the side of the building and their 10+ satellite dishes on the roof.

'Isaiah Washington' was originally supposed to play Derek Shepherd. Rob Lowe was also considered for the role.

The show's title is a reference to the famous anatomy book "Gray's Anatomy of the Human Body" by Henry Gray.

The show was originally supposed to be called "Complications".

Kate Walsh's character, Addison Shepard, was only supposed to appear in 5 episodes, but quickly developed a fan base so they kept her on.

In order to keep the plot and storylines secret, in the sides for auditions, the main characters' names are changed.

Dr. Alex Karev was not originally part of the show; his role was inserted into the pilot as an afterthought in order to provide a foil as well as male companionship for Dr. George O'Malley.

Meredith went to Dartmouth college

Dr. Meredith Grey lives on Queen Anne Hill.

The first person to refer to Dr. Shepard as "McDreamy" was Cristina

Every episode shares the name with a song title by a popular artists. Several are named after Beatles and R.E.M. songs.

What a fun theme Janice! I will be checking this thread again...:)

What a GREAT IDEA!! How would you do this at your shows?

Trivia, questions about the charcters, everyone gets a kiss for the right answer and the one with the most candy at the end gets FREE SHIPPING or a gift (Bar Board, etc.).

I thought it sounded cute!

i love this show... this is a great theme show to do... you guys are awesome... so.. gotta ask... who do you think will say yes and who will say no?

cookinthehouse said:
i love this show... this is a great theme show to do... you guys are awesome... so.. gotta ask... who do you think will say yes and who will say no?

Hmmm...that's tough. I hope Cali says no...not that they aren't cute together...it's just a little rushed after the death of George's father. I think that Christina will say yes...maybe...I DON'T KNOW...the agony of waiting until Thursday!!!!

oh i know... i guess i am like you... want cali to say yes... but with the death of his father... too rushed...

i pregnant and can go any day now... and thursdays are my night 9= GA and 10=ER and this thursday ER is on with new episode.. i told my husband i cannot go into labor on thursday this is going to be a great tv night... he is like OMG... you can watch it in the hospital and we can DVR it... it is not the same to see it after the world has seen it ha ha ha i am sooo hooked it is not even funny... in one of the magazines i get there was and advertisement for New york and company and it is a postcard pic of meridith and shepherd... and my husband put it up with our family pics... i said what is this and he said.... they seem like family lately... hahah

cookinthehouse said:
oh i know... i guess i am like you... want cali to say yes... but with the death of his father... too rushed...

i pregnant and can go any day now... and thursdays are my night 9= GA and 10=ER and this thursday ER is on with new episode.. i told my husband i cannot go into labor on thursday this is going to be a great tv night... he is like OMG... you can watch it in the hospital and we can DVR it... it is not the same to see it after the world has seen it ha ha ha i am sooo hooked it is not even funny... in one of the magazines i get there was and advertisement for New york and company and it is a postcard pic of meridith and shepherd... and my husband put it up with our family pics... i said what is this and he said.... they seem like family lately... hahah

ROTFL!!!!! I thought I was bad...wow!

Well, I'm not a PC consultant (yet...hopefully in a week or so!) I have to jump in on this thread! What an awesome idea for a theme show! My 17yo daughter and I are fanatics and just finished watching the complete 1st and
2nd seasons that I got her for Christmas, even though we'd seen most of them anyway! Last week we were watching it together in her bed and my husband came in to see what was wrong because we were freaking out about the proposals! Britts teacher always says to her " Britt...you do realize that this is a TV show right??".

As for trivia...I'd start out with some easy stuff so those at the party who are not Grey's fans can still have some fun:

Whats the name of the hospital?
What's the name of the bar across the street everyone hangs out at?
Dr. Bailey's first name and her nickname?
Interns last names? George______, Christina _______, Isobel_________, Meredith______, Alex _______.
Meridieths dad's name_________.
Which interns have been pregnant??
Which of these have actually been "patients" at Seattle Grace? Co-joined twins, woman pregnant by two different men, man with nails protruding from his head.
Name of Merideth and Derick's dog?
What is McSteamy's specialty?

Oh my gosh..this is such fun, I could go on, and on ,and on! Anyone else have any??

Lisa

cookinthehouse said:

This made me laugh because I have the season pass on my iPod so I always have my Grey's with me! I will have it going during labor for sure!!

futurechefinPA said:
Well, I'm not a PC consultant (yet...hopefully in a week or so!) I have to jump in on this thread! What an awesome idea for a theme show! My 17yo daughter and I are fanatics and just finished watching the complete 1st and
2nd seasons that I got her for Christmas, even though we'd seen most of them anyway! Last week we were watching it together in her bed and my husband came in to see what was wrong because we were freaking out about the proposals! Britts teacher always says to her " Britt...you do realize that this is a TV show right??".

As for trivia...I'd start out with some easy stuff so those at the party who are not Grey's fans can still have some fun:

Whats the name of the hospital?
What's the name of the bar across the street everyone hangs out at?
Dr. Bailey's first name and her nickname?
Interns last names? George______, Christina _______, Isobel_________, Meredith______, Alex _______.
Meridieths dad's name_________.
Which interns have been pregnant??
Which of these have actually been "patients" at Seattle Grace? Co-joined twins, woman pregnant by two different men, man with nails protruding from his head.
Name of Merideth and Derick's dog?
What is McSteamy's specialty?

Oh my gosh..this is such fun, I could go on, and on ,and on! Anyone else have any??

Lisa
Oh, thank you Lisa! Great ideas!! I sure hope you sign on...we all share, and this is awesome!

OMG....what are the answers? I know some....

Last edited:
Oh, I'm definetly signing!
Answers are:
Whats the name of the hospital? Seattle Grace
What's the name of the bar across the street everyone hangs out at? Joe's
Dr. Bailey's first name and her nickname? Miranda Bailey, The Nazi
Interns last names? George O'Malley Christina Yang Isobel Stevens, Meredith Grey, Alex Karev.
Meridieths dad's name Thatcher.
Which interns have been pregnant?? Izzy ( adoption) Christina ( Eptopic Pregnancy)
Which of these have actually been "patients" at Seattle Grace? Co-joined twins, woman pregnant by two different men, man with nails protruding from his head. All of the above
Name of Merideth and Derick's dog? Doc
What is McSteamy's specialty? Plastic Surgery

There are your answers ( anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong;) ) I'm not 100% positive on the name of the bar.

LisaVH said:
Check out this page...definitely gonna use.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15199441/

Wow! Awesome site..thanks for sharing! I took the quiz and got them all right but one, but realized the name of the bar is not "Joes" its the Emerald City Bar"...Joe is the owner. Opps:rolleyes: Sorry!

Lisa

Just had an awesome idea for gifts at this show....those candy pills you find at novelty shops! Or even to go the $ store and find dr kits for kids parties and let the host dress up like a dr. - kinda cheesy, but fun.

This is a great idea, Lisa!!

I am a Respiratory Therapist and have scrubs and a stethescope already, but NEVER thought of this...

You are so cool!

Thanks!

I think all of the info on here is GREAT! I esp. love the scrubs and what not! ;)

pamperedgirl3 said:
That is a REALLY cute theme! I would book a show like that--all my family is hooked on the show!

I like this theam too and I know so many people who would LOVE it!! Would you mind if I changed the last one to McYummy?:eek:

McDreamy/ McSteamy McShowDo you remember the secret ingredient in Izzie's chocolate cupcakes? This would be great to incorporate into the show. In case you don't remember it is 1 T. of coconut extract. How about demonstrating the silicone floral cupcake pan while making chocolate cupcakes with Izzie's secret ingredient? 1 T. of coconut extract is simply delicious in a chocolate cake mix. Being a big GA fan and a baker I had to immediatly try this recipe after the show and it is magnificent.

McDreamy/McSteamy McShowAnother trivia question : Does anyone know how McSteamy takes his coffee? I know they mention it frequently on the show but I can't remember the specifics.

All I remember is latte extreeeeemly dry. Right?

OOOOH...I got another idea. This theme is really getting me going. We forgot about MCDOG! I know I have seen some theme shows on this board for "Pampered Pooch" recipes. You could throw one recipe in just for fun.

OK, my show last night was a HUGE hit!

Everyone had a great time guessing the answers, I gave out candy HEARTS for keeping track of answers (kind of medical, huh?). The one with the most right answers got a mini serving spatula.

I wore my scrubs with my stethescope for effect, and it was soooo comfy! Though that is the ONLY thing I miss about my old job! :p

I made the 30 minute "McSteamy" Chicken, with SW Seasoning, and we tore it apart for tacos. The only dirty dish for me was the Deep Covered Baker! I loved NOT having to do the huge pile of dishes after the show!

I showed the Food Chopper, but didn't demo it, everyone talked about it and I sold 5, along with a whole bunch of other items that I showed and talked about, but didn't have to demo!

I got 3 bookings, 3 recruit leads, and sales were good when I left! I am so ready to do this again!!! Thanks for all the help!!!!

This is such an awesome theme idea... I am a GA fanatic and know some people who are also so ths should be a really fun show. Thanks for the excellent idea.... I think this is now my new fav thread!!!:)

jwpamp said:
Just started this...I am making the 30 minute chicken (McSteamy and the Turtle Fudge Cake (McDreamy)...anyone have any Grey's Anatomy Trivia Questions?

Please???

:p How are you doing your invites for this show?? Do you have a layout you can post??

I LOVE this idea! I can't wait to do this show. GA is my favorite show currently. I never miss it.

I cannot wait to see the invites and flyers eveyone comes up with. Thanks again for the great show idea.

I haven't thought about invites, yet. I will have to start planning....maybe on an Rx pad? Or maybe like those appointment reminders you get from the dr's office? Just thinkin out loud here.

LisaVH said:
I haven't thought about invites, yet. I will have to start planning....maybe on an Rx pad? Or maybe like those appointment reminders you get from the dr's office? Just thinkin out loud here.

Thank you guys for sharing such cool ideas!!

Hey Janice - what did you do for invitations? Do you have a flyer you used?

Ok - I have been playing around a bit - I STINK at this kind of stuff and am completely NOT computer savvy...but her eis a very rough rough rough draft. I tried to essentially copy a prescription pad...but where do I put teh show info? I was thinking maybe use a font that looks kinda like handwriting to put the show info in the center area? Can anyone helo me? Add to this? Change it up?

Attachments

• Grays Anatomy Flyer INvite.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 298
Now that I am starting my 2nd year with PC I thought I really needed to start "thinking out of the box" and want to try some Theme Shows. I am having my first one on March 8 - Grey's Anatomy Show. Used a invitation listed in CS Files (host loved it). We are going to do the Quick Microwave Turkey Chili (NEED A SNAPPY NAME FOR IT), and probably some dessert in the Trifle Bowl (NEED SNAPPY NAME FOR IT TOO). I am really excited about trying something new. I am going to wear scrubs (hope I can fit into them). Looking out for some decoration ideas. :)

I did this last Thursday night, and the show is now my highest ever-- we're at $1336 right now! I wore scrubs, and was SO comfortable! (Got some online for $11!!!!)The guests LOVED the Grey's Trivia game.

dannyzmom said:
Ok - I have been playing around a bit - I STINK at this kind of stuff and am completely NOT computer savvy...but her eis a very rough rough rough draft. I tried to essentially copy a prescription pad...but where do I put teh show info? I was thinking maybe use a font that looks kinda like handwriting to put the show info in the center area? Can anyone helo me? Add to this? Change it up?

How about something like... Just what the doctor ordered or Prescription for a fun night out. You can only fill this prescription on (night of party, time) at (so and so's name and address)

Love your idea, you did a good job!!

Has anyone now done this show and have any more stuff "put together" for flyer's, etc... I saw the RX one but just curious if anyone else has actually done the show and how it went etc... ???

purrbal said:
Has anyone now done this show and have any more stuff "put together" for flyer's, etc... I saw the RX one but just curious if anyone else has actually done the show and how it went etc... ???

I am doing it tonight. I made name tag labels so everyone can choose a character...and a trivia quiz

Attachments

• Grays Anatomy Name Labels.doc
    37 KB · Views: 307
  • Grays Anatomy Trivia.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 326
Oh and for recipes...any hot appetizer = Mc Steamy and any chocolate dessert = McDreamy and we are serving Seattle Grace Sangrias as well.

dannyzmom said:
Oh and for recipes...any hot appetizer = Mc Steamy and any chocolate dessert = McDreamy and we are serving Seattle Grace Sangrias as well.
Let us know how it goes!:)

lacychef said:
Let us know how it goes!:)

"eh" - about 1/3 of the guests were not GA watchers. They still had fun though. I don't think the recipes were blatantly "Mc"-Grey's-Anatomy enough. The trivia went over well - the name tags were a hit but took too long. I still prefer to do non-themed shows...

Played with Trivia QuizThanks for putting up what you had! I hope you don't mind but I played with the look of the quiz, put my spin on it...what do you think?

end pic isn't the best but that is what I came up with so far.

Attachments

• Grey's Anatomy Quiz.doc
    284 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
I didn't pass the quiz around - I just read it out loud and had them jot their answers down (I am too cheap to print out enough copies for everyone - LOL)

ya I wouldn't either with the answers on it...I just thought it might give us something nice to look at! ;) { :D sigh :D } <- should be drool faces with that sigh lol

Nice addition to the quiz Shannon. Thanks for sharing.

Carolyn,

That is my biggest concern, I had a host last year who wanted to do a Desperate Housewives show. She was very enthusiastic and said she loved the show – the problem was that only 2 of the 10 guests there watched the show…. I personally choose to not have cable television – so I had to have someone record a few shows so I got the general idea. Sales were average – but the host put out a lot of effort for the THEME part of the show – NOT the sales or bookings…

I would like to try a GA theme show – because everyone seems to talk about it at work. But – I think I will wait until it is asked for. I will add a flyer to my theme book anyways.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • laurichef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Pampered Laura