• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Neighborhood Pampered Chef Party Advice Needed

I didn't read the neighborhood canvassing thing with scripts, but personally, I would absolutely never walk around my neighborhood with my apron on. I would invite all my neighbors (and have) to a show at my house, though. I send the invites so I know they will get them in a timely manner. Then I call them and talk to them. If they can't come I ask them if they want me to drop off a catalog. If they want to place an order they can. Our neighborhood has a list with phone numbers. Maybe your neighborhood doesn't offer that so meeting everyone door to door sounds good. I just wouldn't wear the apron. IMO, it's corny. I'm not calling anyone cor
tabnat80
Gold Member
I live in a quant little subdivision. There are maybe 30 house in our neighborhood. Some of us know each other and some of us don't. I was thinking about hosting a pampered chef party at my house next month to come and meet your neighbors. Has anyone done this or have any advice. I've been wanting to do this for several months but just didn't feel it was the right time. I'm trying to build my business and thought this would be a great opportunity. Please, I really need advice. Thanks!:D

That sounds like a great idea!My number one piece of advice would be to not rely on mailbox fliers for marketing, but actually knock on doors and talk to people. It's just like when we tell our hosts to call and follow up instead of just sending an invitation! Plus, you might run into a few people that can't come to a neighborhood get together, but would want to host their own show at another time (or place an order with your show).ScottCooks has an awesome post on neighborhood canvassing with scripts, too posted here. And I love the idea of wearing your apron when making the calls!

Thanks KateD. Great idea!

I didn't read the neighborood canvassing thing with scripts, but personally, I would absolutely never walk around my neighborhood with my apron on. I would invite all my neighbors (and have) to a show at my house, though. I send the invites so I know they will get them in a timely manner. Then I call them and talk to them. If they can't come I ask them if they want me to drop off a catalog. If they want to place an order they can. Our neighborhood has a list with phone numbers. Maybe your neighborhood doesn't offer that so meeting everyone door to door sounds good. I just wouldn't wear the apron. IMO, it's corny. I'm not calling anyone corny. Like I said, I didn't read the posts about neighborhoods.

I probably won't walk around this time just beacuse I don't know some of them, it's suppose to be freezing for a few days and it might be weird me just walking up there with an apron on. However the ones that I do know would get a kick out of it. Maybe this summer I'll do it again and walk door to door with my DH.

JAE said:
I didn't read the neighborood canvassing thing with scripts, but personally, I would absolutely never walk around my neighborhood with my apron on. I would invite all my neighbors (and have) to a show at my house, though. I send the invites so I know they will get them in a timely manner. Then I call them and talk to them. If they can't come I ask them if they want me to drop off a catalog. If they want to place an order they can. Our neighborhood has a list with phone numbers. Maybe your neighborhood doesn't offer that so meeting everyone door to door sounds good. I just wouldn't wear the apron. IMO, it's corny. I'm not calling anyone corny. Like I said, I didn't read the posts about neighborhoods.
My neighborhood is really more of a collection of houses on adjoining streets - no association or phone list and I don't actually know by name more than half a dozen people tops. I didn't know neighborhoods had phone lists! That sounds like a very friendly place to live, and I envy you that! :)

I think the apron goes with your personality. I will freely admit mine is very nearly a costume, a mask that allows me to be Kate the Extroverted! instead of Katherine the Timid and Meek. So for me, I can see your point towards corniness, but for me it would be a confidence boost that would outweigh the possible drawbacks of sap ;)

To each her own. I do understand what you're saying.
I think people would like to meet the real you and would be more likely to attend a show at your home if they were meeting the neighbor rather than the PC lady. I bet if you dressed up in cute jeans or casual slacks with a nice shirt and shoes, casual jewelry and makeup and a nice, casual hair do, you'd gain some extra confidence. Maybe you already do that. When your weather is giving you a decent day, walk around the neighborhood and find people already outside. A good line could be, "Hi. I'm so&so. (a little small talk maybe) I'm just trying to get to know some neighbors by inviting everyone over to my home for a Pampered Chef show. Is that something you'd be interested in?" If "yes" hand them a business card, and write their name and phone number on the paper you brought with you. If they say "yes" than they probably wouldn't mind giving you their phone number, too. Just tell them you'd like to make calls and send invitations when you've drummed up enough interest. Easier said than done, I know. Ask the people you talk to if they know anyone else who they could invite to come with them. Or, ask them if they know where else there may be neighbors who would be interested. If the person isn't very friendly at the moment, move on. Start small with getting to know people first. Then invite them to a show. It takes time. I guess I'm fortunate to have a phone, e-mail and address list. There were a couple of get togethers before I started selling, too, so I knew people were okay with getting together. But there aren't many people.
Here's to building your business, one relationship at a time. I'm preaching to myself, too.

I probably wouldn't wear the apron either but then I'd be thinking everyone I saw would think I was some crazed cook out roaming the neighborhood unsupervised. lol I would wear a PC tshirt or jacket. They really do attract interest. I've worn mine three times since I got it, just to the store or for errands and have gotten a show and possible recruit out of it. Not too bad for a $10 investment. :) Good luck with your show. Sounds like fun!

I suggest a personal invite (knock on the door), a flyer as a reminder, and see if they would be ok to give you a phone number and/or email address (make sure they know you will not "spam" them) so you can place a friendly reminder and to be "neighborly"...make sure this doesn't sound like it will only benefit you.

Hi, I was thinking of doing this too. Has anyone received success?

I did have a few neighbors come to this party a few years ago. I dropped them all invites by their house. Some, I hand delivered, others I just mailed and I got to meet a few new neighbors :)

1. How many guests should I invite to my Neighborhood Pampered Chef Party?

We recommend inviting around 10-15 guests to your party. This will ensure a good turnout without feeling too crowded.

2. What are some creative ways to invite my neighbors to the party?

Some ideas include sending out paper invitations, creating a Facebook event, or personally inviting your neighbors while chatting with them outside.

3. Can I choose the menu for my Neighborhood Pampered Chef Party?

Yes, as the host, you have the option to select which recipes you would like featured at your party. Our consultants can work with you to create a menu that fits your preferences and dietary restrictions.

4. Is there a minimum purchase requirement for my guests?

There is no minimum purchase requirement for guests at your party. However, we do offer special host rewards for parties with a certain amount of sales, so encourage your guests to make purchases to help you earn those rewards.

5. What should I expect on the day of my Neighborhood Pampered Chef Party?

On the day of your party, our consultant will arrive early to set up and prepare for the event. They will bring all the necessary ingredients and equipment for the recipes you have chosen. Your guests will have the opportunity to sample the dishes and place orders if they wish. It's a fun and interactive cooking experience for everyone!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
  • breannat
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Yakmama
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies